Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Boy howdy, it comes in a snazzy padded case!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uV-QtaYVo2w

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Ladies and gentlemen, the US air force.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Fuckin badass

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
I am the lady in the blue scarf wondering why they are carting around anime swords

Caufman
May 7, 2007
If you think about it, if you're going to drop a sword from 10,000 ft, you'd want it to be a pretty big sword.

And you'll want your uniforms to resemble death star officers:

edit: wrong picture

Caufman has a new favorite as of 03:11 on Oct 15, 2017

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
vader: im not touching you

Caufman
May 7, 2007
Guy on the right is definitely getting blamed for the death star plans falling into rebel hands.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

sneakyfrog posted:

vader: im not touching you

He doesn't have to. :mad:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Solice Kirsk posted:

He doesn't have to. :mad:

thats only when he is struck unconscious by an energy beam from an alien probe. While minutes pass for the rest of the crew, the probe makes Darth Vader experience 40 years of lifetime as Kamin, a humanoid scientist whose planet is threatened by the nova of its sun.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

sneakyfrog posted:

I am the lady in the blue scarf wondering why they are carting around anime swords

Uh excuse me have you seen any giant cylcopses roaming the country?

Didn't think so.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

La Brea Carpet posted:

Uh excuse me have you seen any giant cylcopses roaming the country?

Didn't think so.

:colbert: that was triceracop.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

sneakyfrog posted:

thats only when he is struck unconscious by an energy beam from an alien probe. While minutes pass for the rest of the crew, the probe makes Darth Vader experience 40 years of lifetime as Kamin, a humanoid scientist whose planet is threatened by the nova of its sun.

A... star trek reference ??

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

a kitten posted:

LogisticEarth
Mar 28, 2004

Someone once told me, "Time is a flat circle".

a kitten posted:

Come on, we all could have predicted this when the Air Force changed their insignia from the old star and cross bar to the Imperial Terran Space Raptor or whatever it is they were going for.

I mean, it's baddass but you did get the feeling they were a little bit nuts when it was rolled out.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

LogisticEarth posted:

Come on, we all could have predicted this when the Air Force changed their insignia from the old star and cross bar to the Imperial Terran Space Raptor or whatever it is they were going for.

I mean, it's baddass but you did get the feeling they were a little bit nuts when it was rolled out.

The Air Force is just a bunch nerds. Have fun rifling through these:

https://www.google.com/search?q=hil...iw=1536&bih=734

edit:
This is probably my favorite:

Solice Kirsk has a new favorite as of 03:41 on Oct 15, 2017

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

a kitten posted:

For the first 2 I honestly thought someone had artfully CG'd stupid anime swords into legit photos for a laugh.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Gromit posted:

For the first 2 I honestly thought someone had artfully CG'd stupid anime swords into legit photos for a laugh.

They aren't photoshopped?

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

a kitten posted:

Pfft, nice ilevel 750 gear, scrubs. Come back with an artifact weapon and I might let you group with me.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

Screaming Idiot posted:

Pfft, nice ilevel 750 gear, scrubs. Come back with an artifact weapon and I might let you group with me.

We must not have a legendary gap with north korea

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Screaming Idiot posted:

They've been grinding for an F35 drop* and haven't had a chance to update any of their gear.

* they apparently don't know the drop rate is bugged as of last patch

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
That's probably for the best, drops from Lockheed Martin have a terrible issue with randomly deleting the user's character for no reason.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

a kitten posted:

So what's the actual deal with the fancy swords?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Neddy Seagoon posted:

So what's the actual deal with the fancy swords?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Order_of_the_Sword_(United_States)

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Having some sort of honor/award be a sword makes sense to me, it's the military after all. But there being a Giant Anime Swordtm for the ceremony keeps cracking me up every time i look at those pictures.

Can't use some random actual sword, that'll never do. Have to go down to the swap meet and get a good sword.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Parrotine posted:

Boy howdy, it comes in a snazzy padded case!

That's so the seller gets to say "Yeah, I got the sauce. *clicks open case* You got the money?"

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Im not how I'd feel talking orders from General Looney

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

a kitten posted:

Having some sort of honor/award be a sword makes sense to me, it's the military after all. But there being a Giant Anime Swordtm for the ceremony keeps cracking me up every time i look at those pictures.

Can't use some random actual sword, that'll never do. Have to go down to the swap meet and get a good sword.

Funniest part is it's basically all about brown nosing your boss by buying him a bigger anime sword than the other guy

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

If the Master and Commander books are to be believed, back during the Age of Sail an officer would sometimes get awarded a really expensive, really high quality sword. But that was for using to stab people with, during boarding actions.

So, really, they should be planning to drop the massive sword out the window onto the enemy's head.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

They should mount the giant swords on the front of planes like a bayonet, at least get some psychological use out of them.

Or at the end of the plane's wing, being held by a big cartoon hand.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Fly lower, I want to hit them with my sword.

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Just make JDAM kits for giant swords.

Global Integrated Attack Networked Technology - Standoff Weapon for Objective Rapid Deployment. Low collateral damage, high precision, deployable by multiple platforms in current US and allied inventory, perfect weapon for 21st century warfighter needs!

3 million $ per kit, 20 billion $ program cost.

Hire me, Lockheed Martin.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Gervasius posted:

Just make JDAM kits for giant swords.

Global Integrated Attack Networked Technology - Standoff Weapon for Objective Rapid Deployment. Low collateral damage, high precision, deployable by multiple platforms in current US and allied inventory, perfect weapon for 21st century warfighter needs!

3 million $ per kit, 20 billion $ program cost.

Hire me, Lockheed Martin.

Giant mechas or GTFO. I wont be satisfied with our terrible future until I can die inside of a giant robot.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Dreddout posted:

Ah, living clothes the height of eroticism!

My fetish is parasites

cnut
May 3, 2016

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Why???

You can literally get that same flavored corn syrup at any grocery store for <$5.

I was about to ask if people are really this goddamn stupid, but I already know the answer. N. Korea needs to hurry up and nuke us. We deserve it.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Zipperelli. posted:

I was about to ask if people are really this goddamn stupid, but I already know the answer. N. Korea needs to hurry up and nuke us. We deserve it.

I don't want a bunch of people with love in their hearts to suffer and die because a few internet weirdos can't stop guzzling identity capitalism

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pastry of the Year posted:

I don't want a bunch of people with love in their hearts to suffer and die because a few internet weirdos can't stop guzzling identity capitalism

I do :colbert:

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I will keel-haul you until you learn to love.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

:hfive: