Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe

That hair looks like it was cropped off of a Kingdom Hearts character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

maskenfreiheit posted:

ew i'd rather dunk in ranch than patronize a restaurant that doesn't respect my right to eat rear end or whatever it is they did bad

You can eat rear end it just has to be (alternative sex) oh and the restaurants closed on Sundays!

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.
I still find it funny that they have a stand in the new Atlanta Falcons stadium, but it's only open during a single NFL game being played on a Thursday (as they're closed on Sundays of course.)

Side note - I've lived in the south my whole life, and I find KFC superior to Chick-Fil-A, Popeye's, Church's, Bojangles, and Zaxby's.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I actually have a weakness to original recipe if you're lucky to get it just after it's cooked. I've never had good luck with Church's though.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

OmegaBR posted:

I still find it funny that they have a stand in the new Atlanta Falcons stadium, but it's only open during a single NFL game being played on a Thursday (as they're closed on Sundays of course.)

Side note - I've lived in the south my whole life, and I find KFC superior to Chick-Fil-A, Popeye's, Church's, Bojangles, and Zaxby's.

Chick Fil A is the sponsor of the soccer team or series or whatever, and those games aren't on Sunday.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Away all Goats posted:

What Would Rick Do

Probably open a Chik-Fil-Atheism across the street that spends most of its advertising budget trashing restaurants that are closed on Sunday.

OmegaBR posted:

I also find chicken breaded with sand unappetizing.

Onomarchus
Jun 4, 2005

It's a little disconcerting that, far as I can tell, the Szechuan sauce kerfuffle got more press for McDonald's than the Compliance incident.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Onomarchus posted:

It's a little disconcerting that, far as I can tell, the Szechuan sauce kerfuffle got more press for McDonald's than the Compliance incident.

it was an svu plotline, what more proof do you need that middle america considered it Very Serious

Onomarchus
Jun 4, 2005

maskenfreiheit posted:

it was an svu plotline, what more proof do you need that middle america considered it Very Serious

Don't know much about that show other than the Gamergate episode, which I don't know if middle America knows much about. And maybe a furry episode, but I think that was some other show.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/KateLibc/status/919677553975218178

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
High IQ.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
What happens to people when they post poo poo like the original high IQ post, or anything else stupid enough to become a meme? Do they delete the account and live with the secret shame? Every time they see it being mocked, they die a little more inside?

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

OmegaBR posted:

I've also lived in the south my whole life, LA/MS, and can confirm, KFC original recipe is the obvious and undisputed king of garbage fast food fried chicken.

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

WHY BONER NOW posted:

What happens to people when they post poo poo like the original high IQ post, or anything else stupid enough to become a meme? Do they delete the account and live with the secret shame? Every time they see it being mocked, they die a little more inside?

Is there any reason to believe that the original high IQ post was unironic? I tend to assume that it was invented for exactly its current purpose.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

21 Muns posted:

Is there any reason to believe that the original high IQ post was unironic? I tend to assume that it was invented for exactly its current purpose.

I guarantee you 100% that the post was unironic, posted on reddit, and was in response to some critique of the show. The Internet is just that stupid.

(Now, of course, the originator will probably do the puppet-master defense.)

Mortimer Knag
Nov 23, 2007
https://youtube.com/watch?v=0TBht1kVYwI

This is pretty good and whoever has 5 minutes to spare should also watch it. I never played the VR game so I don't know how much audio editing was really done but I was impressed by this.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

WHY BONER NOW posted:

I had one of my best friends post it on Facebook in response to something, and I shamed the gently caress out of him.

Onomarchus
Jun 4, 2005

WHY BONER NOW posted:

I can't believe it was serious. It's like TobleroneTriangular getting to own purestrain gold forever.

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants
Maybe I'm slow, but I need an explanation about the "Toxic" episode:

"Healthy" Rick doesn't care about Morty? Did Rick think caring about Morty was "toxic?" But I guess he's cool with his daughter and granddaughter? And that's why he's cool with torturing toxic Morty?

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

nickmeister posted:

Maybe I'm slow, but I need an explanation about the "Toxic" episode:

"Healthy" Rick doesn't care about Morty? Did Rick think caring about Morty was "toxic?" But I guess he's cool with his daughter and granddaughter? And that's why he's cool with torturing toxic Morty?

The machine removes the parts of the individual that the individual themselves finds toxic. So, yes, Rick thought caring about Morty was something that he should remove, just like how Morty thought his anxiety was what should be removed.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Caring about things adds drama, and is unhealthy to Rick.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

OmegaBR posted:

:frogout:

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants
But he cared about his daughter and granddaughter, especially when toxic Rick was trying to kill him in the living room. So, basically, healthy Rick just doesn't care if Morty lives or dies...?

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
KFC took away the double down they are dead to me

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

nickmeister posted:

But he cared about his daughter and granddaughter, especially when toxic Rick was trying to kill him in the living room. So, basically, healthy Rick just doesn't care if Morty lives or dies...?

He cares about all of them in the small term, but doesn't in the big. Compared to the universe, who cares, but why not make them lunch?

Torturing Toxic Morty is something that he doesn't want to care about (and hence Healthy RIck doesn't) since it contradicts his whole thing about the uncaring multiverse not giving a poo poo one way or another.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Healthy rick cares about beth, summer, and morty the same way that he cares about a dog, or a somewhat nice stranger. They are living beings, and thus have value, but their relation to him is entirely coincidental. He's ok with torturing and killing living beings in general, so healthy rick's not adamantly opposed to doing it to his family. He views family as an "unhealthy attachment."

Healthy rick has no attachment to his family outside of knowledge of who they are. They're like, strangers that he also talks to. He doesn't want them to die, but if it suits his purposes he also doesn't have a lot against the idea.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
You know what I hope? I hope Rick gets the Szechuan sauce and he hates it now and he says a hilarious thing about people who like a sauce for dumb reasons.

That would be neat.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

sassassin posted:

Writer turnover means that by the 3rd or 4th season a lot of the staffers tend to have been fans of a show who wanted to work on it, so if the fans are bad things very often get a lot worse, yes.

I don't know for sure, but given that this show takes forever to make, has a tiny number of episodes per season, and Dan Harmon is an insane control freak, I would guess that the staff writers are mostly contributing jokes, writing first draft scripts from detailed outlines/concepts from Harmon/Roiland, and not really determining the overall direction of the show or the major character arcs.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Unless things change, I think Dan and Justin have so much control over the show that nothing is going to happen if they don't like it. So if some Rick and Morty weeaboo somehow gets a writing job and writes "Pickle Rick Gets The Memesauce: Look At Me," they will get shut down pretty quickly.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
People give showrunners too much credit. It's a team effort and these teams change a lot of the course of seasons.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
They do, but usually it happens slowly and gradually. It takes effort and energy to keep a show constantly on track as time goes on, especially with something like this show where I get the sense everyone really works themselves hard to churn out each individual season. Not to mention the premise of the show also being such that it really is hard to keep it centered with what your original thoughts and plans for it were.

At least that's the reason why I find most shows I like either run 4-5 seasons long and know to quit at that point, or they're good to me up until that point and after that they steadily go downhill. The longer a project goes on, the harder it is to stick to your original thoughts and purposes of the show and the more it dissolves into whatever the next crop of writers has in their heads for it as opposed to the showrunners' original intent. And unfortunately this is almost never a good thing, because the beginning of a show is crafted with a certain purpose or thought, whereas the ending is crafted moreso with the purpose of that next crop of writers and can be something that really doesn't work with the beginning.

It's kinda why I hope this show really was just kidding with the whole 'NINE MORE SEASONS, MORTY!' shtick. If it did just one or perhaps two more seasons, I'd honestly be fine with it, but anything past that I predict the fanwank written in by new writers will derail it a bit too much for my tastes.

CrazyLoon fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Oct 16, 2017

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants
You guys are hilarious. "Yeah, I know this show has been consistently awesome three times in a row, but it's DEFINITELY gonna suck eventually guys. Maybe even next season. I'm already hating this poo poo in advance, dawgs."

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

CrazyLoon posted:

They do, but usually it happens slowly and gradually. It takes effort and energy to keep a show constantly on track as time goes on, especially with something like this show where I get the sense everyone really works themselves hard to churn out each individual season. Not to mention the premise of the show also being such that it really is hard to keep it centered with what your original thoughts and plans for it were.

At least that's the reason why I find most shows I like either run 4-5 seasons long and know to quit at that point, or they're good to me up until that point and after that they steadily go downhill. The longer a project goes on, the harder it is to stick to your original thoughts and purposes of the show and the more it dissolves into whatever the next crop of writers has in their heads for it as opposed to the showrunners' original intent. And unfortunately this is almost never a good thing, because the beginning of a show is crafted with a certain purpose or thought, whereas the ending is crafted moreso with the purpose of that next crop of writers and can be something that really doesn't work with the beginning.

It's kinda why I hope this show really was just kidding with the whole 'NINE MORE SEASONS, MORTY!' shtick. If it did just one or perhaps two more seasons, I'd honestly be fine with it, but anything past that I predict the fanwank written in by new writers will derail it a bit too much for my tastes.
Counterpoint: after a complete trash season nearly killed the show, followed by a weak comeback, Community pulled off a great sixth season.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Also, we clearly know that Rick and Morty will last for one hundred days. Rick and Morty adventures dot com.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

CrazyLoon posted:

The ideal length for a show is six seasons.

And a movie.

nickmeister posted:

You guys are hilarious. "Yeah, I know this show has been consistently awesome three times in a row, but it's DEFINITELY gonna suck eventually guys. Maybe even next season. I'm already hating this poo poo in advance, dawgs."

It's their series arc.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
lol I don't hate this poo poo in advance, just yea...saying that most shows I enjoy are upto 4 or 5 seasons long. But hey, different strokes for different folks I guess.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Sometimes you get something like it's Always Sunny in Philidelphia, where the writers from Season 4 on were big fans, but the cast still frequently write and contribute as much as the writers do anyway, so that the characters stay consistent, which is why you get a show about 4 total idiot assholes lasting 12 years, instead of only 9 (like Seinfeld, where Larry David lost touch by Season 6 and started working on his other poo poo, and the characters all start to blur)

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, It's Always Sunny is pretty much golden the entire way through, with some standout episodes that are a cut above even that. It's definitely possible to keep a good thing going for more than 4 seasons.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I'd say Always Sunny went into 'hit and miss' territory after 7 or 8 seasons, which was pretty good going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Wasn't king of the hill pretty consistently great too