Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

I'll be in DC on the 16th, so that's a no-go. Next game will be on October 23rd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

kaynorr posted:

I'll be in DC on the 16th, so that's a no-go. Next game will be on October 23rd.

RIP Good luck in DC

And I am looking forward to updates on how Seattle is from Gharbad.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
I'll see if I can make trip posts in this thread, if people are interested, and every time someone says that the answer is always :justpost:

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Gharbad the Weak posted:

I'll see if I can make trip posts in this thread, if people are interested, and every time someone says that the answer is always :justpost:

i am interested party

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
I just passed a Texas Correctional Facility crossed with a Texas Department of Transportation facility. I don't know, seems like a bad idea.

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Gharbad the Weak posted:

I just passed a Texas Correctional Facility crossed with a Texas Department of Transportation facility. I don't know, seems like a bad idea.

On the other hand, if you don't let people build things near Texas correctional facilities, there isn't really going to be room for much else.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
So, after a 200 mile deadzone of cell phone reception (currently on hotel wifi)

We're going through tiny, tiny towns. Multiple closed dairy queens with broken windows. A radio shack. Stuff like that.

There IS cellphone reception here, but it's monopolized by one company. And you can tell who, because they have billboards and signs next to every cellphone tower. Taunting us with access to civilization.

Finally, we went through a town that had maybe 50 people and 10 churches. Lots of religious signs, though none topped "9/11 was just the start, Jesus is coming."

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Sounds like the eastern part of :ca:

Any blockbusters?

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
I don't need you to walk into my house and say things like that, tog.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
9 hours of nothing, EXCEPT we saw a town called Chugwater, and we went to the surprisingly ubiquitous "west mex" Taco John's.

Things we expect in a burrito: tortilla, beans, cheese, sour cream.

More of a surprise: black olives.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Gharbad the Weak posted:

9 hours of nothing, EXCEPT we saw a town called Chugwater, and we went to the surprisingly ubiquitous "west mex" Taco John's.

Things we expect in a burrito: tortilla, beans, cheese, sour cream.

More of a surprise: black olives.

oh lord you need west mexican food

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
I just don't understand unannounced black olives in a burrito.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Gharbad the Weak posted:

I agree!

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Gharbad the Weak posted:

Along the same vein, cucumbers do NOT belong in guacamole. Although apparently one food truck in LA disagrees.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

kaynorr posted:

Along the same vein, cucumbers do NOT belong in guacamole. Although apparently one food truck in LA disagrees.

that sounds like some cost cutting measure bullshit.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
I'm officially in Washington. We could have been in Seattle tomorrow, but we're spending a day with my sister. The day after, the frantic apartment hunt begins.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
We're in Seattle, and did you know that, at least in this part of Seattle, there are just blind 90 degree turns for places where you could have no feasable way of knowing what you're about to pass? It was sheer luck that we got to our longterm hotel.

Also, the I-5 is notoriously bad with traffic. We were using a navigation program called Wayz, and going down the I-5. It then popped up that a new route was being used, and took us off I-5. We noticed standstill traffic just past the point we exited. It then brought us immediately BACK onto I-5, but the lane was also an exit-only lane so no traffic and we were back OFF I-5, and then it spun us around a bit and put us back ON I-5 and we skipped 5 miles of standstill traffic.

It was p cool

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Wayz is weird but YAY SEATTLE!

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

kaynorr posted:

also guys I think I need to stop joking about an av for kaynorr because look at this piece of poo poo.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Congrats on the exciting journey! Also Holy poo poo in black olives in a burrito that is the most wtf thing.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
If nothing else, this experience is teaching us all not to trust Tog on the subject of food

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Gharbad the Weak posted:

If nothing else, this experience is teaching us all not to trust Tog on the subject of food

If memory serves, Tog lives in the part of California that thinks fries belong in a burrito...

...they're right of course, but it's still kind of weird.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Got my computer online, windows updated, now my start menu doesn't work. Since I changed hard drives, I never went in and manually turned on system restore for my hard drive with windows on it, and it was still looking to make restore points on a hard drive that literally wasn't connected. Apparently a bunch of people are having the same issue.

It's not killing anything, it's just super annoying.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
does it atleast sleep?

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Awkwardly.

Tomorrow is my first day on the job. No apartment yet, but I've got family still looking. There's one that's considering me now.

One place is known for drug users, prostitutes and people breaking into apartments by literally breaking down the doors, so hopefully won't end up there.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
i legit cant remember is orange is a gang color out there and if red is not.

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Herr Tog posted:

i legit cant remember is orange is a gang color out there and if red is not.

Hunter safety yellow is the best gang color. Tartan and Burberry patterns are also acceptable.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
hey, been working, have things to say, very tired, got an apartment WITH A PARKING SPACE but it's 8:00 and I'm exhausted good night

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Gharbad the Weak posted:

hey, been working, have things to say, very tired, got an apartment WITH A PARKING SPACE but it's 8:00 and I'm exhausted good night

good job buddy!

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
This week, instead of training, I've been helping fix emergencies by doing things like search boxes and boxes of documents for a missing person, and making a LOT of copies and doing lots of scanning.

Should have the keys to my apartment today. Just need to get electricity and internet hooked up, and I'm good. We're running into situations where some companies have internet plans of "up to" 20 for 40 dollars, up to 40 for also 40, and then like gigabit for 55. If I can get it, gigabit would not be BAD, I guess.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
we talking data caps or upload or download?

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Download.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

niiice

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Also I probably won't have internet until Tuesday.

Edit: and unless there's a miracle, it won't be gig.

Gharbad the Weak fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Oct 21, 2017

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Gharbad the Weak posted:

Oh no!

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Gharbad the Weak posted:

:(

Al Baron
Nov 12, 2007
They were all out of Marquess.

kaynorr posted:

Just want to make sure we're still having a game today.

Have a dog pic.

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Al Baron posted:

Just want to make sure we're still having a game today.

Assuming everyone else can make it, we're a go for tonight Monday, October 23rd at 7 PM PST. First on the agenda - a treasure horde dragon that has you on its wish list.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

kaynorr posted:

Assuming everyone else can make it, we're a go for tonight Monday, October 23rd at 7 PM PST. First on the agenda - a treasure horde dragon that has you on its wish list.

Its on then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Hey guys, guess who has internet as of today? What did I miss? Who ended up controlling Drago?

• Locked thread