Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

a.lo posted:

why name it 205 live

That's how many followers the cruiserweights get on Twitter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
It's actually the number of ideas each cruiserweight has to get themselves over that the agents rejected because it wouldn't have worked in Memphis in 1972.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Not ready for Asuka on the main roster and everything that will come with it

https://twitter.com/EmmaWWE/status/919628423001022464

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm confused by this Asuka thing. Is it a #1 Contender's match or did they really just run a storyline where a bunch of women competed to be the first person to get murdered?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RacistGuidingLight posted:

It's a reference to the weight cap, op.

please stop trolling

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

STAC Goat posted:

I'm confused by this Asuka thing. Is it a #1 Contender's match or did they really just run a storyline where a bunch of women competed to be the first person to get murdered?

They ran a match just to determine who would get murdered. I imagine if Alexa Bliss retains against Mickie (which is really likely), Asuka will be her next challenger, since Alexa has beaten everyone else, and buried them all in the process (on the mic that is).

I think storyline wise, the reason they held the 5 way match was because defeating Asuka would make history, and pretty much guarantee them a title match. I think the only way I could see Asuka losing in her debut was to gently caress with people who think this is a squash (and it should be). It's up WWE's alley however, so I have a very small bit of doubt in my mind for this.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Oct 15, 2017

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Asuka will lose via countout or some poo poo on a random Raw before the year is over.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Incessant Excess posted:

Asuka will lose via countout or some poo poo on a random Raw before the year is over.

emma is going to control at least 75% of the match and then when it looks like she's about to pin asuka, emma walks to the back for the countout DQ

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Incessant Excess posted:

I'm not ruling out January 1st Raw to start the year off right

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Because when you see it, you turn 205 degrees and walk away.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
thanks for posting in my thread

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Asuka wins by DQ when Alexa runs in to attack her because of some backstage interaction they had before the match.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

keevo posted:

Asuka wins by DQ when Alexa runs in to attack her because of some backstage interaction they had before the match.

That would be dumb, so its right up WWE's alley.

To be serious though, I think if Asuka does beat Emma, she'll have to go through Nia Jax, as Alexa will probably try and duck her constantly.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Asuka being Asuka seems difficult to gently caress up but I'm no doubting it will happen, just that it's less likely to happen than them loving up Bayley. All they need to do is give Asuka 6 min to kill someone every week. With Bayley they had to thread the needle by creating a woman character for children in a fed where ten years ago she'd be expected to wrestle in some form of edible gloop for Vince McMahon's pleasure, went too far in the opposite direction and made her a sexless virgin for life that's never even kissed a boy.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I like how 205 Live has become this meme of being a totally unwatchable show when it has been consistently been the best show for WWE other than NXT for the past year or so.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

achillesforever6 posted:

I like how 205 Live has become this meme of being a totally unwatchable show when it has been consistently been the best show for WWE other than NXT for the past year or so.

it's almost as if dead crowds have an effect

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

achillesforever6 posted:

Honestly it’s been better than NXT for a while

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Being a seventh loving hour of WWE added to the weekly schedule also does it no favors. Especially when the in-ring product is indistinguishable from the other six.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Oh Snapple! posted:

Being a seventh loving hour of WWE added to the weekly schedule also does it no favors. Especially when the in-ring product is indistinguishable from the other six.

Honestly I'd be kinda happy if Raw dropped down to 2 hours instead of 3, not because I don't like it, just that it's kinda exhausting watching 3 hours of wrestling in a row, not to mention it completely eats up my Monday nights

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, being the 7th hour of tv and the only hour unavailable on tv make it fairly unwatched. The in ring product is good but not that different from any other wwe product. The stories are fine but require you to watch a raw segment each week. It's just all meh.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

drrockso20 posted:

Honestly I'd be kinda happy if Raw dropped down to 2 hours instead of 3, not because I don't like it, just that it's kinda exhausting watching 3 hours of wrestling in a row, not to mention it completely eats up my Monday nights

They're booking it now so you can stop watching after hour 2 (plus about ~15 minutes of overrun).

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Oh Snapple! posted:

it's almost as if dead crowds have an effect

The crowds have been way livelier for 205 Live than NXT for a long time now.

sportsgenius86 posted:

Honestly it’s been better than NXT for a while
Nah I would say they are about even, NXT has been much stronger this year after the frankly lackluster 2016, presentation since Mania reboot has revitalized the show and its only problem has been the crowd's apathy

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

At least we agree 2016 NXT was forgettable at best

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

Everybody who does not make ad revenue on this shitshow posted:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

2 hour raws would be great if its from 8-10 because i get up too early to watch the 10-11 hour and appreciate the current wwe strategy of shoving stupid bullshit no one cares about there

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
The two hour RAW's sucked as well.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Gonzo McFee posted:

The two hour RAW's sucked as well.

At least they were only two hours

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
The Big Dog

https://twitter.com/RingsideNewscom/status/919667084266795008

https://twitter.com/WWERomanReigns/status/919672525872775168

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
NXT crowds are quiet because they're Mauro marks who wanna hear him in the building

205 crowds are quiet because Jesus Christ more goddamn wrestling, we just wanna see AJ damnit

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Goddamn Roman is annoying.

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth

DoctorGonzo posted:

thanks for posting in my thread

you're just the only toilet to poo poo in

speaking of poo poo and toilets 205 live hurr hurr

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

The_Rob posted:

Not as annoying as Cody Rhodes, the only man to be less entertaining after leaving the WWE.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Gonzo McFee posted:

Not as annoying as Cody Rhodes, the only man to be less entertaining after leaving the WWE.

I've enjoyed Cody on the indies. He's a hard worker. He draws well, and everyone seems to like him. I also think he's had some pretty good matches.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

lol i forgot they tried to claim 6 figure attendance at wm32

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, I generally like Cody on the indies. I feel like the Cody hate is the result of good heel work.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

If Cody wasn’t in Bullet Club, nobody would give a poo poo

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
What is going to be suspended above the ring in the TLC match

Why is it 4v3

Why

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

The_Rob posted:

https://twitter.com/BrandonThurston/status/919700194769465344
He's right :colbert:

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
lol https://twitter.com/BrandonThurston/status/919700194769465344

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose

Midnightghoul posted:

What is going to be suspended above the ring in the TLC match

Why is it 4v3

Why

I was talking to someone about this recently as well. There aren't any real indications of what could turn into a Ladder match, no one is really using Chairs, Tables, or Ladders to DQ themselves during the build to signify their respective Chair, Tables, or Ladder match. So far the only TLC match on the card is Shield vs Miz/Bar/Braun and so far that doesn't have a title on the line so...I don't think they even really used any Tables, Ladders or Chairs in the build to that either did they? This feels like someone thought they were building to a different PPV and then suddenly remembered.

Feel free to correct me on any of this, I've only really half tuned in.

EDIT: They could do some bullshit with the Cruiserweight title I guess for a ladder match?

Stealthed Zombie fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Oct 16, 2017

• Locked thread