Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Spiffster posted:

Lisa is a beast if you aren't careful. That fight over the cliff is awful bit of one wrong move RIP run.

The only things I need to do to complete my trophy collection for REmake on steam are real survivor and invisible enemies. I might attempt real survivor but I am very hesitant about invisibles. Any tips?

Real Survivor is just a tedious affair so be ready to sink some decent time into it and for the love of god don't forget what item is in which box!! Other than that it's easy if you're willing to backtrack all the time and juggle items between storage areas constantly.

Invisible Enemy sounds scarier than it actually is; learn the enemy placements in the standard game and you'll have a huge headstart. Enemies also give their positions away with dust from footsteps and reflective surfaces too. Just save often and it'll be a breeze, especially if playing on Easy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Last night i was dreaming I was playing a resident evil/resident evil 3 game, and newman was making fun of me because I was scared and couldn't save and he started laughing

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Kurtofan posted:

Last night i was dreaming I was playing a resident evil/resident evil 3 game, and newman was making fun of me because I was scared and couldn't save and he started laughing
Are you sure you weren't actually dreaming of playing Dino Crisis? That sounds more like a Dino Crisis dream.

TerryLennox
Oct 12, 2009

There is nothing tougher than a tough Mexican, just as there is nothing gentler than a gentle Mexican, nothing more honest than an honest Mexican, and above all nothing sadder than a sad Mexican. -R. Chandler.

Raxivace posted:

Are you sure you weren't actually dreaming of playing Dino Crisis? That sounds more like a Dino Crisis dream.

Nuh uh uh, you don't have any ink ribbons...

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

It's the green herb page

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

What am I missing with melee attacks in Revelations 1? I've tried at every point that looks like the enemy is staggered but I never get a prompt, is there no prompt, do I just have to guess when I can do one?

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
You get a prompt when an enemy is stunned. Either you aren't seeing the prompt or they aren't actually stunned when you try.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

stunning enemies in revelations 1 sucked, although i also couldnt use the little circle nub on the 3ds for poo poo. a lot of monsters get staggered by shooting them in the arm too which isnt super intuitive imo

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Wait so it's only when they're super stunned with their weak point hanging out, not just when they're reeling back like every other Resi game? Ugh.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

yeah i am pretty sure i beat revelations 1 with less than ten melees during the entire run

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Sakurazuka posted:

Wait so it's only when they're super stunned with their weak point hanging out, not just when they're reeling back like every other Resi game? Ugh.

Yeah, for the main enemies you can only melee them when their... tongue thing is hanging out. You do that by shooting both their hands. You can also charge up your melee attacks for extra damage.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

So, uh, are all the bosses in Revelations 1 ridiculous bullet sponges you have to fight while constantly getting attacked by 20 other enemies or just the first one?

E: gah I missed the rifle that might have made it easier...

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Oct 16, 2017

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

So, uh, are all the bosses in Revelations 1 ridiculous bullet sponges you have to fight while constantly getting attacked by 20 other enemies or just the first one?

E: gah I missed the rifle that might have made it easier...

I think that’s the only boss like that. You’ll fight the same type of enemy again later but you’ll have much better weapons/mods by then.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
Is the first one Rachel? Because if so yes, they are a ridiculous bullet sponge.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdUSk74Sb3U

New trailer for End of Zoe and Not a Hero. Spoilers for RE7.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Fil5000 posted:

Is the first one Rachel? Because if so yes, they are a ridiculous bullet sponge.

The first one is the sawblade guy in the big promenade, who is a ridiculous bullet sponge because you still have poo poo weapons and comes along with infinite reinforcements of regular enemies who can also be minor bullet sponges because you still have poo poo weapons.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
You can cheese the fight by jumping in and out of Windows and taking potshots at him.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

loving lol Jessica's wetsuit

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Raxivace posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdUSk74Sb3U

New trailer for End of Zoe and Not a Hero. Spoilers for RE7.

:eyepop:

gonna be hilarious if thats jack, but its probably uncle billy or someshit. obvious thought with the woman's voice to chris but maybe it's someone else? looks like we get a proper lab after all.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

For as kinda bullshit as that fight is, the constant call of "Mayday" before that is probably one of the creepier moments in the game.

Sakurazuka posted:

loving lol Jessica's wetsuit

Me and my sweet rear end are on the way!

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

For as kinda bullshit as that fight is, the constant call of "Mayday" before that is probably one of the creepier moments in the game.

-hear the distorted calling-
"Oh no..."

-see the boss-
"Oh gently caress!"

-realise he's a dumb slow bullet-sponge with a bullshit insta-death grab-
"What the gently caress."

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Oh that guy! Yeah, he's irritating and cheesing him is the only way to go really. I don't remember later bosses being as annoying.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Vikar Jerome posted:

:eyepop:

gonna be hilarious if thats jack, but its probably uncle billy or someshit. obvious thought with the woman's voice to chris but maybe it's someone else? looks like we get a proper lab after all.
Supposedly it's a new character named "Joe" who is a "mysterious outdoorsman" but I thought it looked like Jack too.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Fil5000 posted:

Oh that guy! Yeah, he's irritating and cheesing him is the only way to go really. I don't remember later bosses being as annoying.

The big armoured thing you have to dodge and shoot from behind was kind of eh but only really because I got there with zero green herbs and there's only two in the boss arena.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Sakurazuka posted:

The big armoured thing you have to dodge and shoot from behind was kind of eh but only really because I got there with zero green herbs and there's only two in the boss arena.

I'll be honest, as long as they're not just big bullet sponges I'll put up with a fair bit from Resident Evil boss fights.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The bit just before with the invisible hunters at the plane crashed site was way worse though.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.
The first and last bosses are easily the two shittiest parts of Revelations so I wouldn't worry much if you struggled with it, it's universally a pain in the rear end.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Kurtofan posted:

Had a similar dream without the newsman. It feels like being trapped in the game.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Biggest problem with the Rev subseries is enemies not dropping items.

Rev 2 is also abhorrent poo poo that is somehow redeemed by Barry's closing lines at the end of his fourth Chapter.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Also a few lines by Moira.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Lunethex posted:

Rev 2 is also abhorrent poo poo that is somehow redeemed by Barry's closing lines at the end of his fourth Chapter.

...what an odd opinion.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

its like the total reverse of how i feel about rev 2, a game i largely like other than the last barry chapter.

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...
I stopped playing Rev 2 because of the horrifically bad mouse aiming, which is just emulating controller aiming, and poorly at that. I only got to the part where Barry is in the woods, and I just...I just couldn't do it any more. I should just break down and buy a controller for my PC. The last one I bought was a Nyko Airflow controller...

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

The Repo Man posted:

I stopped playing Rev 2 because of the horrifically bad mouse aiming
What. Bad how?

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
I stopped playing REvelations 2 because for some reason the normal difficulty felt too easy while the Hard Mode felt... too hard. It was really weird when you've played RE4-6 to death on the hardest difficulty mode (and the Evil Within on 1-hit death mode)

It really felt like they didn't quiiite balance the ammo to enemy ratio as well as those games.

WaltherFeng fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Oct 18, 2017

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

RE 7 season pass is on sale for $23.99.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

The Repo Man posted:

I stopped playing Rev 2 because of the horrifically bad mouse aiming, which is just emulating controller aiming, and poorly at that. I only got to the part where Barry is in the woods, and I just...I just couldn't do it any more. I should just break down and buy a controller for my PC. The last one I bought was a Nyko Airflow controller...

Just bite the bullet and buy an Xbox One controller. It's relatively cheap, and it's plug and play, or plug and a little config with so many games that it's definitely worth it.

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

Edit: /\/\that's what I'm planning. I would like to pick up the PC version of DMC 4 and Bayonetta, and no way would I try that with KB+M

On PC, rather than make actual mouse support, they emulate controller stick aiming instead. When aiming, the screen jitters around like mad and has this bizarre acceleration to it I just haven't been able to get used to. It's the biggest problem people seem to have with the PC port.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Raid mode in Rev 2 was disappointing. Everything was either too easy or way too loving hard with no middle ground.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Finished Revelations it was uh, okay I guess. Weird final boss, felt more like something out of a rail shooter, I guess that's the 3DS showing through. Glad it didn't have a million forms.