Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Screw Julian. I'm glad hes gone. Bring pied Piper back.

Episode was pretty good. If Caitlyn doesn't tell the team RIGHT AWAY about her Killer Frost experience and whatever her situation at the bar is then it might still be bad though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

Koalas March posted:

Also, I think Barry was experiencing every timeline at once?
"We need more diapers!" Does that mean we're getting the Tornado Twins??

Yes. That is exactly what that line references. My assumption is an end of season preggers announcement.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
That part where Caitlyn suggests that "soaking in the speed force" made Barry faster shows that they are committed to the Flash tradition of just saying random poo poo and not making sense

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

That part where Caitlyn suggests that "soaking in the speed force" made Barry faster shows that they are committed to the Flash tradition of just saying random poo poo and not making sense

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Guy Goodbody posted:

It does make me picture The speedforce dimension as an Onsen, with Grant Gustin kicking back and relaxing for 6 months.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Speedforce Prison is like a steroid clinic for superheroes

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Frost Hulk, Schizophrenic Barry, Clive Barker's Thinker

I don't know if I just watched the dumbest or best thing ever

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
BTW, I am the only person creeped out by smiley happy Barry? I know we've wanted him to be in a better place all this time, but something about the way he's grinning is less "the weight of the world is off my shoulders" and more "my head is full of madness and I will eat you when you fall asleep."

It probably doesn't help that Gustin is real good at playing the crazy, apparently.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I can't believe Jimmy on South Park got a Flash intro before Wally did.

The Iris intro was pretty good tho.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

ruddiger posted:

I can't believe Jimmy on South Park got a Flash intro before Wally did.

The Iris intro was pretty good tho.

Just one loving time I wanted to hear "My name is Wally West, and I'm the fastest man alive!"

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

8one6 posted:

Just one loving time I wanted to hear "My name is Wally West, and I'm the fastest man alive!"

Wally is a better Flash than Barry and it's been awesome watching him develop from a block of wood to the cocky smartass Wally is supposed to be.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I think Wally looks way dumb in his suit. I mean they all look kinda dumb but he looks hella dumb.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

It's all the mask and Grant Gustin does not look good with facial hair.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

if their intention is to make a fun show they should crane their necks over a little and see what the legends are up to because their season started with a really solid episode with fantastic comedic timing

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Chokes McGee posted:

It probably doesn't help that Gustin is real good at playing the crazy, apparently.

I was stunned at how much I liked Gustin as Crazy Barry. I think he's actually better in that role than Vanilla Barry. If Savitar was "loving crazy" instead of "edgy clone", than I think season 3 would have been way more enjoyable

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

TwoPair posted:

I was stunned at how much I liked Gustin as Crazy Barry. I think he's actually better in that role than Vanilla Barry. If Savitar was "loving crazy" instead of "edgy clone", than I think season 3 would have been way more enjoyable

And that’s the thing; literally everyone on the show except for Jesse L Martin is a comedy actor. The show’s at its best when it’s doing comedy and playing to its cast’s strengths. They seem to maybe be getting that this year with the premiere and a lot of the previews and sizzle reels I’ve seen... but we’ll see if they stick to it.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
I ditched on last season around... ugh I don't even remember. This season seems a lot better so far. Here's hoping Barry keeps this 'edge of madness' thing up, it's way better than generically moody.

Barry was experiencing his whole timeline at once, right? We all read that the same way?

When the Samuroid said 'Welcome back Flash', I figured that was this season's Wells making his entrance, but I guess not. Is season two Wells still safely on Earth 2?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

nine-gear crow posted:

And that’s the thing; literally everyone on the show except for Jesse L Martin is a comedy actor. The show’s at its best when it’s doing comedy and playing to its cast’s strengths. They seem to maybe be getting that this year with the premiere and a lot of the previews and sizzle reels I’ve seen... but we’ll see if they stick to it.

And when they're doing anything other than angstdrama you can stick any two of the cast in a room and they have insane chemistry together.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

OB_Juan posted:

I ditched on last season around... ugh I don't even remember. This season seems a lot better so far. Here's hoping Barry keeps this 'edge of madness' thing up, it's way better than generically moody.

Barry was experiencing his whole timeline at once, right? We all read that the same way?

When the Samuroid said 'Welcome back Flash', I figured that was this season's Wells making his entrance, but I guess not. Is season two Wells still safely on Earth 2?

Yeah. S2 Wells is on Earth 2.

As far as Barry experiencing his entire timeline, that's probably the best guess at this point.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Xelkelvos posted:

Yeah. S2 Wells is on Earth 2.
Cisco has a quick line about consulting with him on the plan to bring Barry back.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, he's quickly name dropped when Cisco says who has been working with him on getting Barry back. Harry, Felicity, Curtis, and a couple of ladies I didn't catch. I assume one of them was Anne Dudek's character from last season but I don't know.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Bring back cowboy Wells. Or just have him be a different Wells in every episode but no one mentions it.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Bring back cowboy Wells. Or just have him be a different Wells in every episode but no one mentions it.

Even better have it be the same Wells in different costumes.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Female Wells, but it's just the actor in a wig.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Did Barry just pay $0.50 for that coffee?

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

They're really going heavy on the fun Barry angle. A good sign I say!

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Barry couldn't you just open the door and get him out??

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

But this way there isn't a runaway car that could smash into someone

Murphys Law
Nov 1, 2005

Chokes McGee posted:

Even better have it be the same Wells in different costumes.

How about an episode where everybody turns into Wells for some reason. You'd have Wells, Flash Wells, Iris Wells, Cisco Wells, Killer Frost Wells.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Oh hey, now I know where the warden from. It's Robinette from Law & Order.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Murphys Law posted:

How about an episode where everybody turns into Wells for some reason. You'd have Wells, Flash Wells, Iris Wells, Cisco Wells, Killer Frost Wells.

I would love to see Candice and Carlos as Wells. That sounds dope as gently caress.

Murphys Law
Nov 1, 2005
Oh, shoot, I didn't even think of it that way. I was thinking of Cavanagh playing all the characters and interacting with different versions of himself, but your idea sounds fun too.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Need a gif of raft Flash suit

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
I need a gif of that different colored matrix screen saver scene where Cisco shows everyone on his tablet that the code is encrypted/corrupted with subtitles. I'm in IT and I need something 100% legit like that for work.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I'm still watching on the West coast, but did Barry really just dismantle all those grenade fragments by hand?

drat, that nigga is FAST now!

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
The content of this episode was extremely dumb, but the tone was great.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Ojjeorago posted:

Both were dumb last episode, so this is an improvement.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Vietnamwees posted:

I'm still watching on the West coast, but did Barry really just dismantle all those grenade fragments by hand?

drat, that nigga is FAST now!

are you... one of my people?

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Koalas March posted:

are you... one of my people?

Nope, he's one of these peoples:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKlDBi0cyIA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Ojjeorago posted:

Flash is at its best when it’s dumb and fun tho...