Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Waroduce posted:

*looks at guns *

Idk man

Arms trafficking is illegal, so the gun analogy fits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

turn left thread

Dwanyelle
Jan 13, 2008

ISRAEL DOESN'T HAVE CIVILIANS THEY'RE ALL VALID TARGETS
I'm a huge dickbag ignore me

Milo and POTUS posted:

I can safely say I know what it's like to have a dong in my mouth despite never having had actually done it because I have eaten vienna sausages.

As someone who has done both, no, not really.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I should hope you're only chewing on one of them, and the correct one at that.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

trumps weiner is a vienna sausage

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

bird food bathtub posted:

I should hope you're only chewing on one of them, and the correct one at that.

whats ur fetish

Dwanyelle
Jan 13, 2008

ISRAEL DOESN'T HAVE CIVILIANS THEY'RE ALL VALID TARGETS
I'm a huge dickbag ignore me

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

whats ur fetish

Making shitposts on the internet

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Probably nothing but uhhh

https://twitter.com/StratSentinel/status/919694653452152832

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/Hayder_alKhoei/status/919715098897408000

Iraqi Forces moving into Kirkuk

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Would killing KJU make things better, or worse?

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I have to go to Japan next week so I'd appreciate it if they held off on doing something stupid until the end of the month.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Vengarr posted:

Would killing KJU make things better, or worse?

humanitarian crisis that would cause mauve damage to the global economy, probably collapse the south Korean economy, and China as i recall. it leaves north Korea fragmented under warlords, unless Sistine immediately moves in to take control.

also it breaks the rule saying we don't assassinate foreign leaders, and they don't assassinate ours.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?

RFC2324 posted:

humanitarian crisis that would cause mauve damage to the global economy, probably collapse the south Korean economy, and China as i recall. it leaves north Korea fragmented under warlords, unless Sistine immediately moves in to take control.

also it breaks the rule saying we don't assassinate foreign leaders, and they don't assassinate ours.

Only mauve?

Does anyone even know what kind of damage maybe is? gently caress it, I'll take it.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

RFC2324 posted:

Do it Donny, Rocket Man called you out.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

It's probably at least as bad as Taupe. Taupe damage is loving horrendous.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

I'm going to assume mauve -> massive and Sistine -> someone. Though I do like the implication that the Pope is just going to waltz into post-destabilization North Korea and assume control.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Why would this even be able to be on the internet? Like how would anyone know this? Or is it just someone reading general deployment orders and loudly screeching into the internet.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Kazinsal posted:

I'm going to assume mauve -> massive and Sistine -> someone. Though I do like the implication that the Pope is just going to waltz into post-destabilization North Korea and assume control.

He'd be a better option than most tbh

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Blind Rasputin posted:

Why would this even be able to be on the internet? Like how would anyone know this? Or is it just someone reading general deployment orders and loudly screeching into the internet.

I'm just posting what I'm seeing. This is where they got it from:

http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/news/2017/10/16/0200000000AEN20171016001100315.html

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Blind Rasputin posted:

Would not be the least surprised if this is some hedge fund short Samsung and LG trying to goad Lil Kim into pushing the button

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

windshipper posted:

Only mauve?

Does anyone even know what kind of damage maybe is? gently caress it, I'll take it.

I think it would be more like blackwatch plaid.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Remember when we took Saddam out of power and how great that was for Iraq???

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

Remember when we took Saddam out of power and how great that was for Iraq???

Gaddafi, too.

Not that I especially regret either dead prick, and Gaddafi in particular could have morphed into another Bashar Al-Assad, waging a forever war on his own people.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
It's a well-known fact that nothing bad has ever happened after the US toppled a foreign leader

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Kazinsal posted:

stupid phone posting. this is correct.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Blind Rasputin posted:

It's rumours and misunderstandings reporter by people with degrees in communications who only care about getting clicks so they keep their job.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Acebuckeye13 posted:

It's a well-known fact that nothing bad has ever happened after the US toppled a foreign leader

We drove Hitler to suicide, that's got to count for something.

FrozenVent posted:

It's rumours and misunderstandings reporter by people with degrees in communications who only care about getting clicks so they keep their job.

Don't doxx me.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

A "special forces" team going is in to kill is probably the least good and most messiest option as far as decapitation strikes go. That is also gunna be a one way ticket I have to imagine.

For the team or for Seoul

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Speaking entirely in hypotheticals of course, but North Korean shorelines are very poorly defended. While the conscripted army is big in manpower, they are very short on things like communications and night vision. They also lack things like drone surveillance, satalites, and modern radio intercept gear. A special operations team going in would not be some sort of sniper hitman, they'd be on the ground eyes and ears for military targets. Moving knowing that ordanance is right over the horizon scheduled once teams are in position, as soon as the ballon goes up. There wouldn't be need to worry about a one way trip or keeping in hides for a week with chances of being caught, you've got one daylight cycle to hunker down in before the itano circus arrives. There is so many PGMs staged that it would boggle Eisenhower. Lessons learned in Iraq too, we'd level everything that looked funny, no oil wells to avoid destroying.

This isn't the 1950s, there would be no protracted ground war in mountain and swamp. You'd have three days or so and if were not unlucky the only nukes will be the ones the norks detonate on the ground because they don't have readied missiles to launch this very moment. If we're unlucky Seoal and Tokyo are gone and the global economy collapses but America remains untouched, until a real war.

But actually that headline is a monomer, because there are no special forces teams specializing in regime change, and the boat that is chilling in busan is much more of a strike package truck.

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

M_Gargantua posted:

Speaking entirely in hypotheticals of course, but North Korean shorelines are very poorly defended. While the conscripted army is big in manpower, they are very short on things like communications and night vision. They also lack things like drone surveillance, satalites, and modern radio intercept gear. A special operations team going in would not be some sort of sniper hitman, they'd be on the ground eyes and ears for military targets. Moving knowing that ordanance is right over the horizon scheduled once teams are in position, as soon as the ballon goes up. There wouldn't be need to worry about a one way trip or keeping in hides for a week with chances of being caught, you've got one daylight cycle to hunker down in before the itano circus arrives. There is so many PGMs staged that it would boggle Eisenhower. Lessons learned in Iraq too, we'd level everything that looked funny, no oil wells to avoid destroying.

This isn't the 1950s, there would be no protracted ground war in mountain and swamp. You'd have three days or so and if were not unlucky the only nukes will be the ones the norks detonate on the ground because they don't have readied missiles to launch this very moment. If we're unlucky Seoal and Tokyo are gone and the global economy collapses but America remains untouched, until a real war.

But actually that headline is a monomer, because there are no special forces teams specializing in regime change, and the boat that is chilling in busan is much more of a strike package truck.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eG9ql6GA9F8
They tried it before and infiltrating the coast isn’t the hard part

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

someone edit this with trump and korea tia

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be prepared
Fun Shoe
So we've got an almost civil war between the Iraqi Kurds and the Iraqi government and Iranian-backed Popular Mobilization Units (with probably IRGC embeds), and now the North Korea situation is worsening.

All without a functional State Department or a functional brain inside POTUS's head. Awesome.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
gently caress you if you're still in.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Dead Reckoning posted:

gently caress you if you're still in.

Has this mantra spread to the foreign service officer thread yet

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

someone edit this with trump and korea tia

I started on it but lmao someone else will finish it before i get done.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

shame on an IGA posted:

I'm so tempted to try and troll that thread by asking why they're trying to start a nuclear war

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

I'm so tempted to try and troll that thread by asking why they're trying to start a nuclear war

We're still goons - don't think that would be much of a troll.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
The last good one got out in 2012 anyway

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I honestly expect to wake up every day to the news that we've nuked NK

edit: in excited anticipation, like a christmas you're expecting coal for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

shame on an IGA posted:

According to my friends at State, yes. Most are looking to get out and also get the gently caress out of DC. Sexy Rexy has absolutely killed morale.

• Locked thread