Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Making oneself a target, which Bif has obviously done, would be a huge risk.

SUCM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

oh, stickup's a civilian too, haha

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

hey everybody....haha...just a thought...maybe just look at your feet tonight? or watch a random room with no one in it? i dunno. DONT track me though...please...please no track me

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

GulagDolls posted:

hey everybody....haha...just a thought...maybe just look at your feet tonight? or watch a random room with no one in it? i dunno. DONT track me though...please...please no track me

Gulag Tracker confirmed

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
##unvote cuz I'm going to bed

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Bifauxnen posted:

oh, stickup's a civilian too, haha

actually, this is very unfortunate because my posts against you will look like I'm not serious no matter what I do

but, I am

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Maybe Bif knows Kira is targeting her because she is targeting herself and she....is Kira........................................................................

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

sentimental snail posted:

actually, this is very unfortunate because my posts against you will look like I'm not serious no matter what I do

but, I am

i like your username :3

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Quidthulhu posted:

Maybe Bif knows Kira is targeting her because she is targeting herself and she....is Kira........................................................................

Quid this is cute from the peanut gallery but let's get serious here - you on board for another kickass game like we had in Shine? Er, in the working together and effortposting sense, not the me-being-a-huge-showboating-jackass sense. Hopefully.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Bifauxnen posted:

Quid this is cute from the peanut gallery but let's get serious here - you on board for another kickass game like we had in Shine? Er, in the working together and effortposting sense, not the me-being-a-huge-showboating-jackass sense. Hopefully.

I mean yes I am definitely down to eliminate some badman but you going all EFFORTPOST before anything has even started really is kind of susp. Like I want to believe you but with a pera game there's probably still a lot of winconfirmation to figure out and you going hard on the general one we all have is weird.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Also I drew a sentimental snail by the fireplace, dreaming of beautiful sentimentality

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Quidthulhu posted:

I mean yes I am definitely down to eliminate some badman but you going all EFFORTPOST before anything has even started really is kind of susp. Like I want to believe you but with a pera game there's probably still a lot of winconfirmation to figure out and you going hard on the general one we all have is weird.

hm.... so you're not sure about your wincon yet then, are you? Don't have any thoughts about wanting to investigate Kira at all then, do we? I see.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Note: last time Quid drew pictures at me he was scum :eng101:

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990

Bifauxnen posted:

hm.... so you're not sure about your wincon yet then, are you? Don't have any thoughts about wanting to investigate Kira at all then, do we? I see.

gET him. drag his rear end

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Note: last time Bif went hard on me right when the game started over stupid meta comparisons she was very wrong about me and made me quit mafia forever :eng101:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Bifauxnen posted:

It's not that I'm not sure about my Wincon (although again, pera game, I fully expect poo poo to evolve) as it is I maybe want to see how a night phase works / plays out before we all go splitting up all over the place? I think an approach of caution until we know if walking left is gonna put us in [DARK ALLEY] all by ourselves with [J.T. RIPPER] or whatever and that requires some more information about how this poo poo goes down mechanically. I just don't see the need to rush in to things without coordinating and planning a bit, and you're encourage we all start rushing about. It's weird.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Quidthulhu posted:

Note: last time Bif went hard on me right when the game started over stupid meta comparisons she was very wrong about me and made me quit mafia forever :eng101:

Hey, you conveniently left out that my meta argument then was trying to change my meta and not make the thread loving unreadable after we'd already argued with each other plenty, don't try and put that on me instead of derp :v:

Quidthulhu posted:

It's not that I'm not sure about my Wincon (although again, pera game, I fully expect poo poo to evolve) as it is I maybe want to see how a night phase works / plays out before we all go splitting up all over the place? I think an approach of caution until we know if walking left is gonna put us in [DARK ALLEY] all by ourselves with [J.T. RIPPER] or whatever and that requires some more information about how this poo poo goes down mechanically. I just don't see the need to rush in to things without coordinating and planning a bit, and you're encourage we all start rushing about. It's weird.

oh lol

this is like you trying to explain why no really, you wouldn't use your jail-ish power on N1.

Sorry Quid, I'm afraid you're going to have to quit forever again, cause I'm not gonna bother trying to argue with you and ask you to explain how my post to kick things off and asking for responses is somehow NOT coordinating and planning, and how your post here is in complete contradiction with your earlier attitude that my attempting to do so was somehow scummy in the first place. I'm just gonna get down to proving you're scum, see ya.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

the dark alley is safe. my character went in there before the game started and made SURE there were no traps, or evil minions. the trash can near the back entrance to the butcher's shop is especially safe.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Bifauxnen posted:

Hey, you conveniently left out that my meta argument then was trying to change my meta and not make the thread loving unreadable after we'd already argued with each other plenty, don't try and put that on me instead of derp :v:

oh lol

this is like you trying to explain why no really, you wouldn't use your jail-ish power on N1.

Sorry Quid, I'm afraid you're going to have to quit forever again, cause I'm not gonna bother trying to argue with you and ask you to explain how my post to kick things off and asking for responses is somehow NOT coordinating and planning, and how your post here is in complete contradiction with your earlier attitude that my attempting to do so was somehow scummy in the first place. I'm just gonna get down to proving you're scum, see ya.

kira_yelling_at_tv_recording.wmv

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Oh, but I would definitely like to hear how Quid wishes us to coordinate then, since my attempt to "go all effortpost" was so inherently suspicious in the first place.

I yield the floor to you, Quid! I'm shutting up my scummy mouth now and I'm all ears to listen to your superior and safe townie plan!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Bifauxnen posted:

Oh, but I would definitely like to hear how Quid wishes us to coordinate then, since my attempt to "go all effortpost" was so inherently suspicious in the first place.

I yield the floor to you, Quid! I'm shutting up my scummy mouth now and I'm all ears to listen to your superior and safe townie plan!

SVUM

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Bifauxnen posted:

I don't think you're scummy so much anymore as just being kinda dumb and full of yourself here, because this is exactly the same way you were acting when you "caught" me in the game I was town.

All I'm saying is that you working real hard to make sure we preplan our actions and talk about poo poo before our first round of actions goes through feels a bit puppetmastery to me. Since you've already made your decision on this I'm just gonna shrug and hope you don't loving tunnel vision on a really bad piece of "scumhunting."

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Nice to hear but I'm still waiting for that plan, Quid. Clearly we have different views on how people should be organizing themselves, so you are going to have to show me your different vision by example.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Suspicions for Night 1
The current deadline is October 16th, 2017 at 10 p.m. PDT -- that's in about 1 day.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Quidthulhu posted:

I just don't see the need to rush in to things without coordinating and planning a bit, and you're encourage we all start rushing about. It's weird.

Quidthulhu posted:

you working real hard to make sure we preplan our actions and talk about poo poo before our first round of actions goes through feels a bit puppetmastery to me.

you're making this very difficult for me Quid

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Bif, come on.

I am saying that before we take a bunch of actions that might put us in different places and immediate danger, we should maybe get results and see how that informs what we do, what we talk about, who we trust, etc.

I am saying that you have been encouraging us to do poo poo RIGHT NOW, which is contradictory to the route I'd like to take, and in doing so it feels a bit like you're trying to get everyone to let themselves be lead around by the nose by you.

You're conflating those two ideas because of ~*~semantics~*~ or some bullshit to show a contradiction in my logic that is not there. I can think coordinating is a good idea but not in the way you want to organize us right now, because of my suspicions with your actions. That doesn't mean I think coordinating is bad, which is the argument you are making.

Stop that.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Quidthulhu posted:

I am saying that you have been encouraging us to do poo poo RIGHT NOW, which is contradictory to the route I'd like to take, and in doing so it feels a bit like you're trying to get everyone to let themselves be lead around by the nose by you.

uh... what does this even mean? Do you want people to withhold taking any night actions on N1 or what? Cause I don't see how that can possibly be what you mean. How does me saying "hey here's what I think the best night actions are everybody! If you don't think this is right let me know and let's hash this out" equal DO poo poo RIGHT NOW, I seriously want to know

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Quidthulhu posted:

I am saying that before we take a bunch of actions that might put us in different places and immediate danger, we should maybe get results and see how that informs what we do, what we talk about, who we trust, etc.

How are we supposed to "get results and see how that informs what we do"? What actions do you mean here? How exactly does my pointing out which actions I believe to be the most valuable and worthwhile in general conflict with this aim? Are you saying I should not have said anything, and just waited for everyone to do whatever, and THEN we could talk about what to plan to do the next night instead? I seriously don't get it.

If you're concerned about people being in "different places and immediate danger", shouldn't we be discussing who goes where, to make sure people move in groups? That sounds way more puppetmastery to me but maybe I'm just nuts over here. How were you planning to make this happen? Why can't you demonstrate this now?

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Quidthulhu posted:

Okay so from what I understand Bif's just saying we should probably try to watch an AREA, not necessarily watch/track people. Also maybe try to collect information. Maybe try to coordinate.

I'm assuming I'm just not understanding your intentions, but you'd prefer people just do random actions and...see what happens? Do I have that right? Or do you just want nobody to do anything and then play Night Action Mafia tomorrow...except nobody will have done anything? I'm genuinely confused, I'm sorry. What do you think we should do?

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990
##vote quid

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Xad posted:

Okay so from what I understand Bif's just saying we should probably try to watch an AREA, not necessarily watch/track people. Also maybe try to collect information. Maybe try to coordinate.

I'm assuming I'm just not understanding your intentions, but you'd prefer people just do random actions and...see what happens? Do I have that right? Or do you just want nobody to do anything and then play Night Action Mafia tomorrow...except nobody will have done anything? I'm genuinely confused, I'm sorry. What do you think we should do?

Quid is saying that our action set should be diverse as we don't actually know what results we'll get from our actions.

Bif suggesting to stake out areas is well and good but it's not a universalisable strategy, if we all did it our N1 information would be completely useless.

Right now your best course of action is to coordinate a bunch of different actions with your family and then tell the thread what results come back.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Like for all I know the action I take tonight could resolve as "You meet a stray cat, you take it in, what do you name your cat?"

And that could be a completely legit result.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Quid is saying that our action set should be diverse as we don't actually know what results we'll get from our actions.

Quid suggested no such thing, he focused on quite the opposite actually. Making sure we don't get all "scattered about" cause he's worried about people going to different places and getting killed from being alone or something. I find your extrapolating this much on his behalf from what he has actually stated to be very suspicious.

Here again are Quid's relevant posts in entirety:

Quidthulhu posted:

Quidthulhu posted:

Quidthulhu posted:

I don't think you're scummy so much anymore as just being kinda dumb and full of yourself here, because this is exactly the same way you were acting when you "caught" me in the game I was town.

All I'm saying is that you working real hard to make sure we preplan our actions and talk about poo poo before our first round of actions goes through feels a bit puppetmastery to me. Since you've already made your decision on this I'm just gonna shrug and hope you don't loving tunnel vision on a really bad piece of "scumhunting."

Quidthulhu posted:

Bif, come on.

You're conflating those two ideas because of ~*~semantics~*~ or some bullshit to show a contradiction in my logic that is not there. I can think coordinating is a good idea but not in the way you want to organize us right now, because of my suspicions with your actions. That doesn't mean I think coordinating is bad, which is the argument you are making.

Stop that.

And these are the points I can draw from them:

* The mere act of making an effortpost at all before N1 was inherently suspicious for me to do.

* The "general" wincon we all have, (presumably he means "catch Kira"), is somehow not enough information for me to be going around effortposting about how to best catch Kira, because after all, poo poo may "evolve" in a way that requires more "winconfirmation". (perhaps... some of us may discover we do not want to catch Kira so much after all?? like what is that supposed to imply, lol)

* Before we go "splitting up all over the place" with our night actions, we need to approach things with caution and work out if going to certain places gets us in harm's way. We will work this out by ?????????

* We need more information about how mechanics work, and we need to coordinate and plan rather than rushing into things, which we will do by ???????

* By discussing which night actions I believe to be more efficient and valuable, and requesting for others to chime in on this discussion, I was somehow "encouraging we all start rushing about"

* No wait, now apparently, I actually am working hard to discuss and plan first, but this is now "puppetmastery". Such a fine line to walk hey, but Quid will still not put his hand up to illustrate correct planning technique himself.

* We must somehow "get results" to inform what we do BEFORE taking action.

* My discussion of which actions are best to take is somehow encouraging people to "DO poo poo RIGHT NOW" which... does he believe I am asking people to actually submit their actions immediately before any discussion? What does he mean by this??

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Bif suggesting to stake out areas is well and good but it's not a universalisable strategy, if we all did it our N1 information would be completely useless.

Right now your best course of action is to coordinate a bunch of different actions with your family and then tell the thread what results come back.

This however, is a good suggestion.

What if we agreed for families to do the stakeouts on areas that match their family name? Then we can be assured of no double-ups.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Like for all I know the action I take tonight could resolve as "You meet a stray cat, you take it in, what do you name your cat?"

Mana

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Llian.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Quidthulhu posted:

Haha we should start a support group or something <3 you bif!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Murmur Twin posted:

Haha we should start a support group or something <3 you bif!

This was the game I was trying to tell you about where I was trying to post less and that was the thing Quid got mad at me for cause I was trying to STOP arguing with him!! :v:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

but for real though, don't just drop in like that with no comment on the case, MT! Is that or is that not suss as all hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
It's D1

I'm going to choose to interpret Quid as charitably as possible as a result. You're saying he's being inconsistent, my read is that he's managed to get into a D1 fight against the wall of text generator and has come out saying stuff that's either going to be misinterpreted or was entirely unintended.

The core logic Quid and I suggest is the same. We want to know what kind of information results generate for us and to not randomly assume things in a game about casting off assumptions.

Xad asks Quid what Quid might do as a result and I suggest a manner in which to explore the game we're in most efficiently by my interpretation. I can see an argument that says my course of action is inconsistent with Quid's idea of "Not scattering everywhere," but honestly that's a really poor argument, given that only certain actions will place us in a location, so my suggestion of exploring lots of different actions necessarily places fewer people in random locations than your suggestion of staking out everything.

Quid is welcome to refute that course of action, but we're not inconsistent in the way you're suggesting.

• Locked thread