Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Zand posted:

ill never understand what it is that makes people say they want characters that they actually liked beforehand to be put into sfv. why would anyone want a character they like to be sfv-ified?

Hoping against hope that maybe you can find fun in SFV if you have your mains back.

Rose being out was a blessing in disguise, because it also gave us Menat and Menat's cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parachute
May 18, 2003

DoubleDonut posted:

if SF5 was good I'd want them to put one of the other Saturday Night Slam Masters in

jumbo flapjack for the next dlc i like it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It still pisses me off how bad Juri is in SFV

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

I'd never save you in a million years

Zand posted:

ill never understand what it is that makes people say they want characters that they actually liked beforehand to be put into sfv. why would anyone want a character they like to be sfv-ified?

You know what, I even mentioned Vega in the same loving sentence, you're absolutely right. Match point goes to Zand.

I'm gonna remember you said this when arcade edition comes out and I briefly consider playing a fighting game that isn't Tekken 7.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Sagat's gonna be in S3 and hes gonna have his fireballs and his limbs and the game wont be boring anymore and mommy and daddy are going to get back together and santa is real

Bitch Twinkles
Nov 5, 2007

HAVE COURAGE PLAY ST MODE

Zand posted:

same, but Deejay in IV

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
How could they fix sfv

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Agoat posted:

How could they fix sfv

replace all the copies with melty blood and pay for their ggpo netcode as penance

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Agoat posted:

How could they fix sfv

Its a technical mess so its more of a redo than a fix to get at core issues like the update process, netcode, etc

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Yo so I heard that in blazblue tag you can switch/use an assist and actually input the move you wanna do when the character comes out instead of a set move, is that true?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Big Scary Owl posted:

Yo so I heard that in blazblue tag you can switch/use an assist and actually input the move you wanna do when the character comes out instead of a set move, is that true?
yes hello im john arcsys

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Mike Z gonna sue somebody.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Real hurthling! posted:

Its a technical mess so its more of a redo than a fix to get at core issues like the update process, netcode, etc

Do you think for locals it's a cool game

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Played a bunch of Fantasy Strike w/ my roommate. They've done a couple balance passes since it came to Steam.

Game is fun ? The tiny health bars and first to 5 rounds feel great.

Xand_Man fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Oct 17, 2017

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Agoat posted:

Do you think for locals it's a cool game

I wouldnt suggest it to a group but id play it

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Xand_Man posted:

Played a bunch of Fantasy Strike w/ my roommate. They've done a couple balance passes since it came to Steam.

Game is fun ? The tiny health bars and first to 5 rounds have feel great.

Is the Valerie vs Rook matchup still completely hosed

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
Do they still have a throw button instead of ST style throws

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Xand_Man posted:

Game is fun ? The tiny health bars and first to 5 rounds have feel great.

Agreed I'm a fan

Fenn the Fool!
Oct 24, 2006
woohoo

inthesto posted:

Is the Valerie vs Rook matchup still completely hosed

That got fixed quite a while back. Valerie can do a backdash kinda thing out of her rekkas now.

dhamster posted:

Do they still have a throw button instead of ST style throws

Its still a throw button currently, but they might switch it back to ST style at some point? I haven't seen anything about why exactly they moved from one to the other, but it was only a few months ago and they specifically asked for feedback on it.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

https://twitter.com/StreetFighter/status/920421434299531264

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Not as cool as hulk hands but probably still better than sfv

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

If a game forced you two swap sides every round would that be a good or bad thing?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

bad because itd just pointlessly throw people off, its not like there's any advantage to being on one side or the other

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

It was really annoying in sfv beta before they changed it

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Endorph posted:

bad because itd just pointlessly throw people off, its not like there's any advantage to being on one side or the other

a) this isn't true in all fighting games.
b) what if you are a lazy rear end in a top hat who doesn't practice from 2p side at least as much as you practice from 1p side shouldn't the developers respect your huge dumb stupidity?

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Tekken online lets you pick which side you're on and I have to remind myself to not always do the left side tbh.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

NecroMonster posted:

b) what if you are a lazy rear end in a top hat who doesn't practice from 2p side at least as much as you practice from 1p side shouldn't the developers respect your huge dumb stupidity?
go for the mixup where the first move you do in the match is airdashing over to the side you like more

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

back in the day we literally discovered crossups because we kept trying to jump over each other to get p1 side

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
In GG I'm totally used to being on either side but in tekken being on the P2 side just feels like I'm trying to play guitar with gloves on.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Endorph posted:

go for the mixup where the first move you do in the match is airdashing over to the side you like more

I think I do this unconsciently because I always end up P1-side for most matches. That's some godlike ~spacing~ if I do say so myself, I get the space where I know I'll probably not drop anything. :smug:

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Spanish Manlove posted:

In GG I'm totally used to being on either side but in tekken being on the P2 side just feels like I'm trying to play guitar with gloves on.

The weirdest part for me is that sometimes my right hand also tries to mirror image it along with my left hand. I can't explain it. Never did that in GG but something about the four buttons trips off my sense of symmetry.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Man I heard they nerfed his punches but this is ridiculous.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

NecroMonster posted:

back in the day we literally discovered crossups because we kept trying to jump over each other to get p1 side

love this

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!
When my brother and I played as kids I'd always be player 1 and he'd always be player 2 and both of us couldn't perform moves worth a drat if we swapped sides during a match. It would just revert to footsies until one of us managed to jump back over to the correct side.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Spanish Manlove posted:

This. P2 tekken feels insane to me.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I started picking P2 side in Tekken so I wouldn't fall victim to this and now I'm significantly weaker if I'm P1

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
At least I can KBD better on the P2 side.

Not that I can do it consistently in either side.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

I hope they add a random side option to tekken so you can practice both sides without going to character select.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
i prefer to play on 2p side because i had to from learning fgs in an arcade. everybody took the 1p spot and the scrubs always had to roll up on the right side lol