Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

NRVNQSR posted:

I believe the 50AP free quest is only available on the last day of the event, so that won't work so well.

Huh. Didn't know that. Oh well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Generally speaking, I've found that every single one of the 40AP dailies has required me to take out the main Servant in one turn. Which has been fairly easy to accomplish with a support Waver and Robin going back-to-back on their NPs. My way around this on the Lancer dailies is to instead just trot out some combination of Saber Alter/Artoria/Altera and try to go back-to-back-to-back with their NPs on the last turn.

Clawtopsy posted:

Is there a guide for this event posted anywhere? As a dirty F2Per, I'd like to maximize my earnings as best I can
There doesn't seem to be much of a "right" way to go about this event, from what I've been able to read. Complete it as necessary and jump back and forth between the 30AP and 40AP free quests (30AP can drop a Halloween Princess, while the 40AP can drop Pumpkins). Complete the Guerilla/Party quests as they become available, and throughout the event swap around your CEs as necessary depending upon what currency you want the most of at any given moment.

I'm going to try to go in reverse, focusing on the rarer currencies to get the corresponding CEs, and then work my way down, then back up.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

a kitten posted:

He wiped out everyone and it was only a clutch save by Mash that let me kill his stupid rear end.

If I do that one some today more I'll remember to bring some stunners and\or NP drains.
Had the same issue. Take more Cu's and reinforce them with a Jeanne or something. Her NP gave me extra safe rounds in conjunction with Protection from Arrows and the evade Master skill.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

Generally speaking, I've found that every single one of the 40AP dailies has required me to take out the main Servant in one turn.

I've only really been farming the Caster 40AP so far but I usually feel like I can safely take a few turns to kill Waver as long as I'm using the Lunar Sea mystic code. One copy of his defence skill isn't too bad, especially if he's already below 50% by the time he gets it off.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
the 40ap missions suck dongs.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I got 10 golden apples stocked up for whenever the more economical dailies appear.

I am *so* getting Caster Liz, I badly need an SR Caster.

It's really hard avoiding rolling for Tamamo since she + friend's Waver and Mashu makes stall a viable early game strategy and it's doubly difficult when I have been withholding rolling on my JP account for the past however many months I have been, almost at 900 free quartz.

I get paid this week, so I might just spend some money and roll with that, because aaargh.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

NRVNQSR posted:

I've only really been farming the Caster 40AP so far but I usually feel like I can safely take a few turns to kill Waver as long as I'm using the Lunar Sea mystic code. One copy of his defence skill isn't too bad, especially if he's already below 50% by the time he gets it off.
Yeah Waver's not too bad. Weirdly I think the hardest time I had was the Rider 40AP because it's hard to play the class advantage at all with the current Assassin crop. If I can get my Carmilla up to her third ascension that will probably exponentially get easier though, since I'll be able to do Robin/Carmilla/Waver.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
How realistic is it to farm CEs, Spooky Liz and Materials (Not monuments or EXP cards)?

Is it like a "If you don't have a huge backlog of apples, give up", "play every time you have energy" or something else?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

a kitten posted:

He wiped out everyone and it was only a clutch save by Mash that let me kill his stupid rear end.

If I do that one some today more I'll remember to bring some stunners and\or NP drains.

#ProofOfFriendship

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Clawtopsy posted:

How realistic is it to farm CEs, Spooky Liz and Materials (Not monuments or EXP cards)?

Is it like a "If you don't have a huge backlog of apples, give up", "play every time you have energy" or something else?

I don't know how true it is, but I remember reading people saying that Halloween gives you a poo poo ton of apples. There are some screenshots of people having over 200 Apples in Japan right now, not necessarily all from Halloween, but it shouldn't be a problem.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Nate RFB posted:

Yeah Waver's not too bad. Weirdly I think the hardest time I had was the Rider 40AP because it's hard to play the class advantage at all with the current Assassin crop. If I can get my Carmilla up to her third ascension that will probably exponentially get easier though, since I'll be able to do Robin/Carmilla/Waver.

I managed with my Saber Alter, my level 50 Kojiro, and a friend Carm at 70. Having the defense debuff helps I think.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Gologle posted:

I don't know how true it is, but I remember reading people saying that Halloween gives you a poo poo ton of apples. There are some screenshots of people having over 200 Apples in Japan right now, not necessarily all from Halloween, but it shouldn't be a problem.

Specifically I think Halloween should award about thirty from the Party Quests plus one from the story.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Some of the easier/early guerilla quests give apples. They get harder and give Pumpkins as we near the end.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

EzEight posted:

Some of the easier/early guerilla quests give apples. They get harder and give Pumpkins as we near the end.

IIRC Guerilla quests only give Pumpkins and 1 gives a Lore. It's the Party Quests that give Apples.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Clawtopsy posted:

As a general rule of thumb, you won't need too many apples to finish events as long as you make sure to spend all your AP and farm the nodes with best drops per AP. And as other people have said, this event is fairly generous with apples as well

Nyeehg
Jul 14, 2013

Grimey Drawer
If nothing else I'm looking forward to this event mostly for the reverse dragon scales I need to ascend Lancelot and Drake. Lancelot is my priority as he's been stuck in first ascension for ages because none of the dragons would drop reverse scales. I have enough of everything else that I can just rush Lancelot to max ascension after this event. Anything else is a bonus.

Shifting gears, as someone who only plays the US version why is Musashi so desirable from a gameplay perspective? There are a lot of good 5* Sabers so I'm curious as to what makes her stand out.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Nyeehg posted:

If nothing else I'm looking forward to this event mostly for the reverse dragon scales I need to ascend Lancelot and Drake. Lancelot is my priority as he's been stuck in first ascension for ages because none of the dragons would drop reverse scales. I have enough of everything else that I can just rush Lancelot to max ascension after this event. Anything else is a bonus.

Shifting gears, as someone who only plays the US version why is Musashi so desirable from a gameplay perspective? There are a lot of good 5* Sabers so I'm curious as to what makes her stand out.

Not knowing much, I'd randomly guess it's a combination of...

1. She's Limited and Limited = Desirable.
2. She's the only 5* Servant with a Anti-Personnel Buster NP I think?
3. She's like the only Saber besides Gawain to have 3 Busters in her command cards and this is a Buster meta because of Merlin.
4. Maybe some other stuff, I dunno.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Nyeehg posted:

Three buster cards plus NP, buster effectiveness up and damage up skills mean she deals a lot of damage with buster brave chains, and her skills can make her NP and star gen rates very good. And while there are a lot of 5* Sabers only three of them have single-target NPs so Musashi could be worse than both Okita and Nero Bride and still be really good.

edit: Certainly it's easy to miss that her first skill says "double NP and star gen and x1.3 damage" and all three of those buffs stack multiplicatively with everything.

NRVNQSR fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Oct 16, 2017

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
When her arts card is placed last in a chain, with her first skill active, and the arts card crits, she can potentially gain 75-85% of her bar.

Imagine that.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The halloween event would start tonight, right for NA?

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

Tae posted:

Correct, maintenance starts tonight at midnight US East, and is expected to last for three hours.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

Tae posted:

I think the event is technically scheduled to start at 3am, after maintenance, but who knows when maintenance will actually end

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Tae posted:

Nine hours from now, whatever time that is for you.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The Halloween Summon Simulator told me I was going to get two Tamamo no Maes on my first 10 roll, so I know for a fact that I am going to get her tomorrow.

Hooray! Can't wait.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010

Nyeehg posted:

As pointed out, there aren't all that many Sabers with single target NPs (9), so by some metrics she's by default going to be in the upper ranks of Sabers. But basically, she is more or less completely self sufficient as a character. Because of her first skill she can instantly charge her NP with a single Arts card. Since her NP is buster, she can buster brave NP chain, and her second skill is a self buster buff with invul pierce. Her third skill is gives her one turn of invul and also removes debuffs, so she has survivability to go along with all that damage too.

There's a really funny video of a joke double Tamamo team someone did where Musashi charged 300% NP in a single card, but I can't find it now sadly.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

taser rates posted:

There's a really funny video of a joke double Tamamo team someone did where Musashi charged 300% NP in a single card, but I can't find it now sadly.
Judging by that charge speed, she could had reach at least 700% if there were no cap...

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Nate RFB posted:

The Halloween Summon Simulator told me I was going to get two Tamamo no Maes on my first 10 roll, so I know for a fact that I am going to get her tomorrow.

Hooray! Can't wait.

How about getting your first one after 1800 stones? :)

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
There was a funny screenshot of someone needing $1k+ for a single Tamamo.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I don't think you heard me. I'm going to get two on the first roll! It's gonna rule.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

There was a thread on Reddit recently about someone dropping over 2 grand trying to get Merlin and failing.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Ticket luck is the only luck I can depend on

Compendium fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Oct 17, 2017

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

Compendium posted:

The only thing quartz is good for is drawing CEs and stamina refills.

Miles Vorkosigan
Mar 21, 2007

The stuff that dreams are made of.

Compendium posted:

Tickets only summons Black Keys, so I don't see how that would help.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
4 Quartz out of 300. 296 more to go.

IIRC, 300 is the average number needed for a 5-Star. So once I hit that benchmark, then I'll think about what I want.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Miles Vorkosigan posted:

Tickets only summons Black Keys, so I don't see how that would help.

I've gotten Waver, GOLDEN, Jeanne, and Atilla all out of tickets or 3 quartz memepulls.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Nate RFB posted:

Hooray! Can't wait.

Does the Halloween Gacha not drop Saber Alter. I've done like $15,000 worth of pulls and I've yet to see a Saber Alter. Or Nero for that matter.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
How to level up CE? I want my shirtless Kirei to be strong.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

Hate-Senpai posted:

Does the Halloween Gacha not drop Saber Alter. I've done like $15,000 worth of pulls and I've yet to see a Saber Alter. Or Nero for that matter.

just bad luck, I did the same simulator and got saber alter to show up eventually

Edit: actually I hosed that up, might not be gettable, gently caress if I know

TheFlyingLlama fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Oct 17, 2017

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

Sssh! Be vewy vewy quiet. It's wabbit season.

Hate-Senpai posted:

Saber Alter is storylocked. Story locked servants ONLY show up in the story gacha unless the gacha banner explicitly mentions them or mentions being an exception.

Edit: Nero is also storylocked.

BlondRobin fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Oct 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Storylocking is dumb and bad.