Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
I'm assuming Quid was trying to avoid suspicions IN CASE everyone started coordinating/posting their planned actions in here, but nobody has done that yet so :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Xad posted:

I'm assuming Quid was trying to avoid suspicions IN CASE everyone started coordinating/posting their planned actions in here, but nobody has done that yet so :v:

to be fair, nobody has done much of anything (myself included). really not sure what to make of the bif/quid situation.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Bifauxnen posted:

How does this logically follow in any way possible, why couldnt you try actually answering anything I specifically asked you instead of coming out with this non-sequiteur and blaming it on me bullying you

It's not a non-sequiteur, your position is literally "I know everything about how to win this game and anyone who disagrees with me is scum." There's no way to respond to your constant badgering on a "my way or the highway" perspective other than to show you that you're wrong, which ultimately is bad for town. That's why I said "maybe chill your loving tots for a mo and let us see what happens" because I literally couldn't engage with you on this other than to say "well I can't take a night action tonight" which I didn't want to do.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Xad posted:

This is not what I was trying to do. I have no problem with us coordinating crap, I have a problem with Bif electing herself Queen Boss and hounding anyone who doesn't go along with that because "clearly they are scum."

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
All the loud yelling makes me sad-sad.

Let's all be nice and lovey to each other so we can catch that big meanie Kira!!

I made you all smiley cookies, just be like the cookie and smile!!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Quidthulhu posted:

This is not what I was trying to do. I have no problem with us coordinating crap, I have a problem with Bif electing herself Queen Boss and hounding anyone who doesn't go along with that because "clearly they are scum."

I never asked you for your night actions, I asked people for input if they disagreed with the first conclusions I was drawing about what actions might be best, but apparently me daring to speak up and try to make any effort at all was already suspicious to you.

I didn't ask anyone to say what they were doing or where, but I did ask you to clarify what kind of coordinating and planning you thought was ok, since you claim to be in favour of this!

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Bifauxnen posted:

Hey, you conveniently left out that my meta argument then was trying to change my meta and not make the thread loving unreadable

<_<

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Bifauxnen posted:

I never asked you for your night actions, I asked people for input if they disagreed with the first conclusions I was drawing about what actions might be best, but apparently me daring to speak up and try to make any effort at all was already suspicious to you.

I didn't ask anyone to say what they were doing or where, but I did ask you to clarify what kind of coordinating and planning you thought was ok, since you claim to be in favour of this!

That is patently untrue, you gave a list of suggestions you thought would be the best course of action for everyone:

Bifauxnen posted:

tl;dr:
Tracking is for losers with nothing better to do, at least for tonight. Maybe COLLECTing stuff would be better if you're really starved for a good action.
Observing an AREA rather than one person is awesome, please do this if you can
Please speak up if you have any other ideas, or would like to debate the conclusions I've drawn so far.

This is literally you working on coordinating night actions for N0. That makes no sense to me, because:

1. I don't like you leading us around by the nose when we don't know anything about you.
2. It puts me in a tough position because I can't take a night action tonight, leaving me to either out that information which is A Bad Plan, or to lie about what I did, which is also A Bad Plan.

What DOES make sense to me is coordinating LATER. Which is what I've said this entire time! But now we don't have that option anymore because:

1. I've alraedy had to out this information and that's gonna be detrimental in the long run
2. You've taken up a position that anyone disagreeing with your plan is scum. That's a logical fallacy and really bad play.

Why can't you understand this??

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990
it's me: im lira

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Quidthulhu posted:

That is patently untrue, you gave a list of suggestions you thought would be the best course of action for everyone:

This is literally you working on coordinating night actions for N0. That makes no sense to me, because:

1. I don't like you leading us around by the nose when we don't know anything about you.
2. It puts me in a tough position because I can't take a night action tonight, leaving me to either out that information which is A Bad Plan, or to lie about what I did, which is also A Bad Plan.

What DOES make sense to me is coordinating LATER. Which is what I've said this entire time! But now we don't have that option anymore because:

1. I've alraedy had to out this information and that's gonna be detrimental in the long run
2. You've taken up a position that anyone disagreeing with your plan is scum. That's a logical fallacy and really bad play.

Why can't you understand this??

But I didn't ask anyone to claim what night actions they could do. I put forward which ones I thought were better so people with choices of actions could hopefully be more efficient. I also expected there to be a bit more back and forth conversation with different options and opinions on things before you rocked up all "effortpost=suspicious" and "hey Bif why are you RUSHING INTO THINGS" but also still wanting us to plan somehow which you've still never given an example of how?

How are we supposed to co-ordinate later in a way that we can't do now, Quid. Could you try just explaining your actual stance to me?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Like you say you aren't against coordinating and planning, but you refuse to give any indication of what this means if "hey what night actions are more useful, and what kinda goals should we be trying to aim for" isn't it

Like you brought up the concern of people ending up in dark alleys or something: YT mentioned just coordinating within families as the best route in his opinion. That made sense, Quid. You don't.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I already have? I just outlined it really clearly. I guess I just fundamentally disagree with working too heavily outside of the people I know 100% have my back here because I don't know what your wincon is. Maybe you have a condition to make us all gently caress up our actions stupidly or something, I don't know.

I just don't like the Queen Boss attitude you've taken with this because it gave me funny feels. I have nothing else to say beyond that, it's a gut read. What else do you want from me here, man.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Bifauxnen posted:

YT mentioned just coordinating within families as the best route in his opinion. That made sense, Quid. You don't.

Except that's what I'm saying without explicitly saying it :rolleyes:

Max
Nov 30, 2002

IT APPEARS YT IS THE ONLY PERSON IN THIS GAME WILLING TO PUT AN OPINION OUT THERE.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Quidthulhu posted:

I already have? I just outlined it really clearly. I guess I just fundamentally disagree with working too heavily outside of the people I know 100% have my back here because I don't know what your wincon is.

Lol now who's making assumptions. You think everyone in your family is cleared?

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide

Asiina posted:

All the loud yelling makes me sad-sad.

Let's all be nice and lovey to each other so we can catch that big meanie Kira!!

I made you all smiley cookies, just be like the cookie and smile!!

Do you have ones with chocolate chips in them?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Quidthulhu posted:

Except that's what I'm saying without explicitly saying it :rolleyes:

How is "why don't we just stick to the masonries we all know everyone has" a controversial opinion you had to dance around

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Max posted:

IT APPEARS YT IS THE ONLY PERSON IN THIS GAME WILLING TO PUT AN OPINION OUT THERE.

Most of us think kira should eat a whole bag of rotten dicks.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Quidthulhu posted:

I just don't like the Queen Boss attitude you've taken with this because it gave me funny feels. I have nothing else to say beyond that, it's a gut read. What else do you want from me here, man.

Hey man, I tried to go the more laid back route in a few games and people said THAT was weird, in fact you yourself got all mad when I wouldn't keep arguing with you last time, so enjoy the instant karma hahahahaha

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990
IM NOT MAd, ur mad! In facT, this is FUNNY. To me!!

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Most of us think kira should eat a whole bag of rotten dicks.

Mate who cares about Kira, I'm in it for approval from Judy.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

WHO EVER SAID KIRA WAS SCUM?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

CHECKMATE TOBBS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lt4329_W_s0

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Bifauxnen posted:

Lol now who's making assumptions. You think everyone in your family is cleared?

Now this is a direct contradiction of your “YT’s claiming we should just stay in family makes sense, you don’t” stance. An ACTUAL contradiction.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Quidthulhu posted:

Now this is a direct contradiction of your “YT’s claiming we should just stay in family makes sense, you don’t” stance. An ACTUAL contradiction.

How so? Discussing within a smaller group to try and co-ordinate actions (and keep people together if you're concerned about them being alone) is a reasonable alternative to my attempts to discuss coordination in the thread as a whole. Since our masonries are not confirmed I don't think it's a foolproof plan, but it is A PLAN which you have still not ever attempted to do yourself. Coordinating people's actions in the thread as a whole would hardly be foolproof either.

Please explain what the contradiction is instead of just going off on a tangent ignoring everything I actually ask.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Kira just kill me now so I don’t have to actually read all this tia

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

The part I disagreed with was you saying you know they 100% have your back. That seems like an utterly foolish thing to assume. But maybe your family is special and actually mod-confirmed and I'm just bullying you into revealing this!!

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Sometimes i like to stop in at this dumpling stand on my way to the train before work. They have the best dumplings.

One time a guy robbed the dumpling stand and the owner lost his stand and went out of business.

Kira, please kill gif Probst who was the robber.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Quidthulhu posted:

It's not that I'm not sure about my Wincon (although again, pera game, I fully expect poo poo to evolve) as it is I maybe want to see how a night phase works / plays out before we all go splitting up all over the place? I think an approach of caution until we know if walking left is gonna put us in [DARK ALLEY] all by ourselves with [J.T. RIPPER] or whatever and that requires some more information about how this poo poo goes down mechanically. I just don't see the need to rush in to things without coordinating and planning a bit, and you're encourage we all start rushing about. It's weird.

This is the original post, and l still find it kind of confusing. You're saying we shouldn't rush in without planning and coordinating things, which is what Bif is doing, except you say they're encouraging us to "all start rushing about". And it's not like you were opposing it because it was Bif specifically who was taking charge, as you're more or less saying now?

I think it's important that we be mindful of the fact this game isn't actually Mafia. We don't have a lynch, but we do have a shitload of investigation. Analyzing people's posts and tone is more of a jumping off point for building a night-action-based case than it is the entirety of the case. We need to have proper evidence before we really make a move.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I'm taking pera up on her offer for this to be something I only play for 15 minutes a day.

And that fifteen minutes is entirely shitposts.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

PMush Perfect posted:

I'm taking pera up on her offer for this to be something I only play for 15 minutes a day.

And that fifteen minutes is entirely shitposts.

This is unquestionably a scum post.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Podima posted:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
teehee I made a funny!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

We also have some Mafia newbs in the game, and I know that within my own family we have at least one person who was slightly unsure about what night action did which. Like, they were planning to watch someone when they actually wanted tracking results. So clarifying which actions are more clever or hell, even correct to take, is not a pointless thing.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
:ghost: Welcome to a new peragame policy!

When a conversation is hindering rather than helping play, I will say so and make a very simple request.

Quid, bif, darlings, that's enough. You're at an impasse and I'd like you to move on. No blame, no judgin', no hate. It's just time to move on and you're both not seeing it atm. Anyone who wants to may respond with an emote-only post to agree.:ghost:

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

:hai:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
:sun:

Max
Nov 30, 2002

:moonrio:

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
You'd think it would make a certain amount of sense. A beautiful woman dies, the public celebrates. She was murdered, but she was a heinous person. A liar, a scoundrel. But she was so often the voice of reason.

It was just a cigarette. Just a smoke break. But that was all it took. Llewyn's eyes dimmed, the still-flickering cigarette dropping from his fingers to sizzle against the pavement.

A grin flashed in the shadows.

The body of Llewyn Rembrite will finally be discovered weeks later, a message left in blood on a nearby wall: "if u can red this, ur gay".

The Rembrite family will not spend tonight mourning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

CapitalistPig posted:

Sometimes i like to stop in at this dumpling stand on my way to the train before work. They have the best dumplings.

One time a guy robbed the dumpling stand and the owner lost his stand and went out of business.

Kira, please kill gif Probst who was the robber.

this person is extremely town, and good

• Locked thread