Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

begone ighosts

old thred https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3731436

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
bookmarked

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

:firstpost:

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

close your old thread dingus

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

NEED MORE MILK posted:

close your old thread dingus

do i look like smythe

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

Jimmy Carter posted:

my rental car for vacation supports CarPlay and holy poo poo is it a night and day difference compared to the dumpster fire that is OEM Dashboard Computing

30 FPS rendering, voice recognition that works, doesn’t play A-Punk every time you plug your phone in

of course CarPlay/Android Auto are disabled by default and unless you dive into ‘Projection’ settings you’d just be living with the hell that is Chevrolet MyLink

lmao i literally deleted vampire weekend off my phone because of this

bump_fn posted:

iTunes Match is loving broken and it’s stupid as poo poo god damnit Apple

it was pretty good when it first came out, but then once apple music became a thing and they killed their pandora-like radio stations i dropped it. $2 a month for ad-free radio and music library streaming was excellent, but it started to get to the point where it just wouldnt play certain songs and i said gently caress it

i use plex now

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

cinci zoo sniper posted:

do i look like smythe

yeah a little

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

NEED MORE MILK posted:

yeah a little

that's very rude to smythe

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

NEED MORE MILK posted:

i use plex now

you mean you have nas somewhere open to internet and you connect with plex to it, or do you listen at home, or how does it all work out? (never used plex)

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

cinci zoo sniper posted:

you mean you have nas somewhere open to internet and you connect with plex to it, or do you listen at home, or how does it all work out? (never used plex)

you open a port and the app connects to the server through that

im extremely autistic though, so i have a rack w/ all enterprise networking gear and a 1u server, a 2u NAS, and hdhomerun w/ cable card to host my completely legal media so mom can watch stuff across the country on her roku.

gigabit internet owns

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

NEED MORE MILK posted:

you open a port and the app connects to the server through that

im extremely autistic though, so i have a rack w/ all enterprise networking gear and a 1u server, a 2u NAS, and hdhomerun w/ cable card to host my completely legal media so mom can watch stuff across the country on her roku.

gigabit internet owns

well yeah that's what im asking, if you are self hosting your media sharing

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
gas this bad thread and open one with a better title like "appleinsider? i hardly knew her"

zen death robot
May 27, 2001

cinci zoo sniper posted:

do i look like smythe

yes

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
iPhone SE is best phone. will replace it when there’s a SE-sized iPhone X

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Scott Forstall posted:

with notch and face id

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Scott Forstall posted:

if they make a waterproof se i'm gonna buy 3 and never buy another phone for the rest of my life

zen death robot
May 27, 2001

Scott Forstall posted:

thats never happening lol

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

cinci zoo sniper posted:

well yeah that's what im asking, if you are self hosting your media sharing

you dont have to, if you have plex pass ($150 one time charge or $5 a month) they provide the server and you just put your media on google drive or whatever

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

NEED MORE MILK posted:

you dont have to, if you have plex pass ($150 one time charge or $5 a month) they provide the server and you just put your media on google drive or whatever

that's pretty cool

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
It's the only way to live
In cars
the thought of my iphone se dying fills me with dread tbh

im honestly thinking of buying like four and hiding them in a closet because gently caress using anything bigger

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
switching off a 6 was weird because I kept using the pinky finger shelf to support the SE like I would with the 6 only to realize a second later that it wasn’t necessary because the SE is just the right size

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

apple is good and they make much better products than microsoft of android

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
what happened to the old thread, did the iphone x make steve haunt the thread

jony neuemonic
Nov 13, 2009

The Unlife Aquatic posted:

the thought of my iphone se dying fills me with dread tbh

im honestly thinking of buying like four and hiding them in a closet because gently caress using anything bigger

the home button on mine is getting all weird :ohdear:

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
i cracked the glass screen protector of my iphone 8 because i used the dongle to wire headphones while i was mowing the lawn instead of using my bluetooth headset

betrayed by the dongle

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Kenny Logins posted:

i cracked the glass screen protector of my iphone 8 because i used the dongle to wire headphones while i was mowing the lawn instead of using my bluetooth headset

betrayed by the dongle

1. lol screen protector
2. how does plugging something into the lightning port result in cracking the screen protector??

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

i preemptively voted this thread 5

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

SO DEMANDING posted:

1. lol screen protector
2. how does plugging something into the lightning port result in cracking the screen protector??
phone was in my pocket, I'm guessing the flexibility of the dongle put the aux cable in just the right place and angle to the screen and got an unlucky bump.

couldn't have happened with just a normal six connection. happened at the edge of the protector near the home button

anyway I'm glad I normally use BT headphones anyway and aside from that I've like the protector I was using and it's only $5

Janitor Prime
Jan 22, 2004

PC LOAD LETTER

What da fuck does that mean

Fun Shoe
Why can't I just get a new Macbook Pro with actually pro feature instead of dongles?

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

Janitor Prime posted:

Why can't I just get a new Macbook Pro with actually pro feature instead of dongles?

i just want one without a drat touch bar

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

101 posted:

i just want one without a drat touch bar

i thought they made one without a touch bar

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
it's pretty sad that with this latest iteration of iphones they've abandoned the strategy of taking a phone design and ironing out the flaws for the s-series of the same model

from now on, it's just flawed design after flawed design with no refinement at all, dongles akimbo

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

akadajet posted:

i thought they made one without a touch bar

only the lowest spec of each model

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
all mac books are low spec

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
itunes match broke and now any album added after about two months ago isnt on my phone anymore thanks tim

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
lol if you use itunes

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

exploded mummy posted:

lol if you use itunes

iTunes match was very helpful when my computer which had all my mp3s on it was stolen but they were all on iTunes match so i could still listen to them on my phone and laptop w/o having to re-sync them and poo poo

but yeah its v v bad

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Scott Forstall posted:

there was some quote from john gruber like, the SE was the last perfect iphone in terms of realizing its own ideal design, and i mega agree

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
one million yosposts complaining about the longphone.pages

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Scott Forstall posted:

A 4.7" iPhone X would own.