Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
So I've made the poor life choice of spending most of my Sunday messing around writing a Markov chain generator and feeding it AGOT. While still somewhat crude, it spit out this nugget:

George R.R. Markov posted:

Syrio's stick came whistling up and rang against his helm. "I am Syrio Forel, and you will name your child after me." Dany smiled. "My son has his name, but I will if I have to, we'll see how you feel." Jon trembled. "I will never father a bastard," he said carefully.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
This is my new canon ending.

Kylaer
Aug 4, 2007
I'm SURE walking around in a respirator at all times in an (even more) OPEN BIDENing society is definitely not a recipe for disaster and anyone that's not cool with getting harassed by CHUDs are cave dwellers. I've got good brain!
:perfect:

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

George R.R. Markov posted posted:

Syrio's stick came whistling up and rang against his helm. "I am Syrio Forel, and you will name your child after me." Dany smiled. "My son has his name, but I will if I have to, we'll see how you feel." Jon trembled. "I will never father a bastard," he said carefully.

It honors all characters and provides satisfying closure, I'm done with the series now.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Brother Friendship posted:

It honors all characters and provides satisfying closure, I'm done with the series now.
I'm free now...

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

GAME... OVER!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYtYYdu3eHQ

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

frankenfreak posted:

So I've made the poor life choice of spending most of my Sunday messing around writing a Markov chain generator and feeding it AGOT. While still somewhat crude, it spit out this nugget:

You should do this with this and the previous bad threads.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Normy posted:

You should do this with this and the previous bad threads.

Hold off on this till the series finale of GoT airs, then use it create the ultimate shitpost. At which point, lock the thread and never make a new one.

The End

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

nine-gear crow posted:

Hold off on this till the series finale of GoT airs, then use it create the ultimate shitpost. At which point, lock the thread and never make a new one.

What is dead may never die, but rises again harder and stronger.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

frankenfreak posted:

Gotta agree with this.

RC Cola posted:

Years ago someone made a gif that was dany saying mother of dragons all strong willed and then it cut to drogan loving her soggy style. Does anyone have this?

While digging through my gif folder, came across these too

kcroy fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Oct 16, 2017

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

the "Leal with it!" one is the superior version

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
Well, he's finally dead

RIP Roy

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

Because of GRRM's slowness, Roy never got to see how the series ended. What an absolute fucker.

Fhate
Feb 15, 2007

"Appended to its own quotation is false" appended to its own quotation is false.
Well, of Roy we can definitely say this.

His order does not deal in pig poo poo.

Former Everything
Nov 28, 2007

Is this right?
um, i don't check in here a lot because there will never be another book but

did i just read somewhere that there are five "successor" shows being planned for the HBO series? like 5 more TV shows about asoiaf are in the works for after got finishes? what in the hell is going on?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Former Everything posted:

did i just read somewhere that there are five "successor" shows being planned for the HBO series? like 5 more TV shows about asoiaf are in the works for after got finishes? what in the hell is going on?

5 scripts for possible pilots.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I hope one of them is a mocumentary cooking show about trying to find the baker with the best lemon cake recipe. Like where the characters talk to the camera and stuff like in The Office, but they're in Westeros.

So It Goes
Feb 18, 2011

Former Everything posted:

Most likely, only one of them will get made. They won't actually make all of them (probably), they just ordered scripts and outlines for the six concepts.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Solice Kirsk posted:

I hope one of them is a mocumentary cooking show about trying to find the baker with the best lemon cake recipe. Like where the characters talk to the camera and stuff like in The Office, but they're in Westeros.

A Great Westerosi Bakeoff mockumentary? I'd watch that.

e: Especially if they got Mel and Sue to do it.

PittTheElder fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Oct 16, 2017

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

I’d watch a lovely soap opera with the cast of the mummers troupe. Call it Tears of Lys.

Gimme a million dollars HBO

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Blind Sally posted:

the "Leal with it!" one is the superior version

/agree , don't have it though

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Lycus posted:

5 scripts for possible pilots.

the one ring poem kind of went off the rails towards the end

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

The fucker strikes again, sorry Roy I'm going to miss your horribly awkward book reading

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

kcroy posted:

/agree , don't have it though

well, poo poo, all ya had to do was ask:

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

man I forgot vargo hoat had a zorse
that's neat

Simiain
Dec 13, 2005

"BAM! The ole fork in the eye!!"

SirKibbles posted:

The fucker strikes again, sorry Roy I'm going to miss your horribly awkward book reading

I'll take Dotrice's inexplicably Welsh Tyrion over DinkleTyrion any day of the week. Also, his Dolores Ed, eh.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
There are plenty of characters Dotrice did really well, even his pouty Arya becomes adorable after a while, but nothing excuses racist chinese caricature missandei.

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

emanresu tnuocca posted:

There are plenty of characters Dotrice did really well, even his pouty Arya becomes adorable after a while, but nothing excuses racist chinese caricature missandei.

Dotrice was an old british guy, right? That would at least explain it. He probably grew up looking at literal maps of the British empire owning much of the world and asia was labeled 'The Orient'.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

Dotrice didn't do any woman or kid well because they all sounded like old men.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
It's really just bizarre to give missandei a really strong and comical accent given that she's described as a child prodigy and someone who is fluent in eleven languages.

It reminds me of the bizarre dialogue in the show when she asks Jon to explain bastardry to her, like of all characters she's just about the last one who would not know what such a common word means.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

Didn't he also pronounce Brienne as Bry-een and Petyr as Pe-tire or some poo poo?

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

some guy on the bus posted:

Didn't he also pronounce Brienne as Bry-een and Petyr as Pe-tire or some poo poo?

Yes, which makes it very comical when she scalds Jaime for calling her wench and says "my name is BRY-EEN".

You'd think he could have probably asked GRRM how to pronounce those names?

Oh and he also reads Aeron Damp-hair as Aeron Damfair but apparently half the reader base didn't get it either.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Oh and he also reads Aeron Damp-hair as Aeron Damfair but apparently half the reader base didn't get it either.
...hmm

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

PittTheElder posted:

A Great Westerosi Bakeoff mockumentary? I'd watch that.

e: Especially if they got Mel and Sue to do it.

You know it’s going to be Amy’s Bakery instead

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

emanresu tnuocca posted:

It definitely took me a while to catch that it's not Damfair. Certainly a facepalm moment when I did.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

emanresu tnuocca posted:

You'd think he could have probably asked GRRM how to pronounce those names?

Doesn't GRRM say "Pronounce poo poo however you want." when asked?

Fhate
Feb 15, 2007

"Appended to its own quotation is false" appended to its own quotation is false.

Lycus posted:

Doesn't GRRM say "Pronounce poo poo however you want." when asked?

If he says that to you, just say, "Then I pronounce 'you' DEAD, sir!" and devour his head with a single bite.

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Half the joy of GRRM stories is trying to figure out what mundane name inspired things like Cersei and Selyse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
A few names are not fantasy flavored mundane names and Cersei is one of them. Cersei is pretty clearly a reference to Circe, the witch from the Odyssey that turns men into pigs.