Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uninverted
Nov 10, 2011

Go play Unearthly's argenport build, it's crazy good. Swapping one or two of the bloodletter/falchion slots for green monuments is probably a good idea, the deck as posted feels a little light on power.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

so what is the cheapest constructed deck i can throw together to get some value from playing ranked

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

rabidsquid posted:

so what is the cheapest constructed deck i can throw together to get some value from playing ranked

Budget Rakano will do you fine. This one only has 5 rares and they're both used in many fire/justice decks respectively.

Personally, I'd cut the furnace mage and 1 minotaur grunt for sword of icaria and maybe swap some of the inspire for ornate katana.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

lazerwolf posted:

Opened 4 legendaries from packs, Heart of the Vault (4th one!), Makto, Bandit Queen and Sindok

I hate you, your ancestors, your descendants, your homeland, and everything you stand for.

uninverted posted:

Go play Unearthly's argenport build, it's crazy good. Swapping one or two of the bloodletter/falchion slots for green monuments is probably a good idea, the deck as posted feels a little light on power.

Did a couple runs with the deck (-1 Falchion +1 Gemblade). I agree that it's real good, but the glut of 3-power cards has been a bit of an issue against Stonescar and Skycrag IMO. There's several 2-drops that might fit in (Auric Bully/Vigilante, Tranquil Scholar, Tinker Overseer, heck maybe even Crownwatch Paladin), god knows which one / if any of the 3-drops should be removed though since they're all bombs. Probably Bloodletter I guess.

Also, this one wasn't actually a real issue, but it's kinda funny how utterly doomed the Runehammer is in a deck with 12 cards that can pop it (Doom, Instigator, Interrogator), and how good it still is anyway.

NihilCredo fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Oct 16, 2017

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Interrogator won't pop Runehammer until after you get your second swing in.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

So I haven't opened a single Bart yet... I think I have to make a set at this point.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Speaking of Interrogator, it has a weird interaction with Azindel's Gift. If you're cursed and you end your turn with no cards in hand, you'll keep the cards that Interrogator draws at EOT. If you DO have other cards in hand, however, Interrogator will draw and then Gift will discard those cards. I can kind of guess why this happens (gift sees that you have an empty hand when you enter the EOT step and then decides not to trigger) but it feels like it should just always work one way or the other

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
Anyone got a more up to date list for burn queen/big queen or whatever you want to call it? I hadn't played in a while, went back to a stock list, and literally cannot win a game. Tavrods and falchions game after game. Annihilate has been terrible lately. I might have to try deathstrike and see if that does better.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Legit question: is the gauntlet boss selected as the AI's best guess to gently caress over your specific deck or am I just as unlucky there as I am when opening boosters? I play Burn Queen, I get the 50 life guy. I play Feln Control, I get double damage guy. I play the above Argenport Aggro (mostly creatures and weapons), I get the "free creature with each spell" boss (and draw literally zero spells (meanwhile the AI gets turn 1 Wandering Wisp)). What the gently caress.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Gauntlet bosses are proof the devs hate us and don't want us happy

Bouquet
Jul 14, 2001

RNG. Sometimes you are playing Praxis tokens and get the "draw a card if you play two creatures" boss. That was pretty rad.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
I was playing with Skycraggro and got "all units have charge." That was interesting, except that the boss' deck was faster.

I still managed to win by playing defensively and playing bigger things.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

goferchan posted:

Speaking of Interrogator, it has a weird interaction with Azindel's Gift. If you're cursed and you end your turn with no cards in hand, you'll keep the cards that Interrogator draws at EOT. If you DO have other cards in hand, however, Interrogator will draw and then Gift will discard those cards. I can kind of guess why this happens (gift sees that you have an empty hand when you enter the EOT step and then decides not to trigger) but it feels like it should just always work one way or the other

You can post this in their discord or send in a support message about it and see what they say. It could be a bug and should be made more consistent.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I put together a Hooru deck with nothing but removal and aegis creatures with a few weapons. It's not at all what I'd call a good deck, but it gives the removal heavy decks absolute fits and then they slowly die to lovely tiny creatures, it's pretty great :v:

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

victrix posted:

I put together a Hooru deck with nothing but removal and aegis creatures with a few weapons. It's not at all what I'd call a good deck, but it gives the removal heavy decks absolute fits and then they slowly die to lovely tiny creatures, it's pretty great :v:

How do you beat the weapon decks?

Eschatos
Apr 10, 2013

pictured: Big Cum's Most Monstrous Ambassador

Nibble posted:

Sweet suggestions, I also really like Dark Return so that's a plus. I recall at one point seeing a Xenan deck based on repeatedly casting the same Copper Conduit over and over, is that dead since the nerf to X costs?

E: Apparently not, this looks like fun: https://eternalwarcry.com/decks/details/F4SFg7ZPlgM/xenan-killers

Decided to make this deck, and it's fun as hell when it comes together. I hosed up a little by crafting a second SST instead of my last two Shepherd's Horns. Right now I'm filling in the missing slots with 2x Snapping Brushstalkers and 2x Predators' Instinct. Still, if you don't draw a Horn, an Aspirant/Conduit, and some reanimator effects the deck can fall apart real fast.

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me
Now that I look at that list again, it's definitely a janky version of that deck idea that focuses more on fragile combos, but still looks rather fun. I do like that Snapping Brushstalker tech, did it work out for you?

Meanwhile I've reached enough shiftstone to craft a set of legendaries, and after looking at a bunch of decks I'd like to play, I'm pretty sure the answer is still just SST. Other options would be Vadius, Bartholo, Kothon, Queen and the like, but SST is generally more versatile in terms of decks it fits in, though it is the more boring option.

Eschatos
Apr 10, 2013

pictured: Big Cum's Most Monstrous Ambassador

Nibble posted:

Now that I look at that list again, it's definitely a janky version of that deck idea that focuses more on fragile combos, but still looks rather fun. I do like that Snapping Brushstalker tech, did it work out for you?

Meanwhile I've reached enough shiftstone to craft a set of legendaries, and after looking at a bunch of decks I'd like to play, I'm pretty sure the answer is still just SST. Other options would be Vadius, Bartholo, Kothon, Queen and the like, but SST is generally more versatile in terms of decks it fits in, though it is the more boring option.

So far no. It's been too expensive to pull off with Xenan Initiation so far and I've yet to have a Brushstalker and Predator's Instinct in hand at the same time. I need more practice games, but so far I suspect the combo doesn't really pay off without more ramp.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
I only got one pack from the event. I thought you were supposed to get three just from entering. :smith:

St0rmD
Sep 25, 2002

We shoulda just dropped this guy over the Middle East"

Did you play out your matches after entering? You should have claimed some prize chests that included at least two packs when you finished your run, and then an additional 1+ pack for wherever you finished on the leader board when the event ended.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Bumper Stickup posted:

I only got one pack from the event. I thought you were supposed to get three just from entering. :smith:

You should have gotten at least 3 from finishing your run even if you went 0-3 and then at least one more from the leaderboard prizes when it ended.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

goferchan posted:

You should have gotten at least 3 from finishing your run even if you went 0-3 and then at least one more from the leaderboard prizes when it ended.

Yeah that's what I thought but I clicked collect prizes and I got one pack. Sucks.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Bumper Stickup posted:

Yeah that's what I thought but I clicked collect prizes and I got one pack. Sucks.

Right, 1 pack at the end of the event, but didn't you get at least 3 from hitting "Claim" at the end of your run? Or did you never do that?

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

goferchan posted:

Right, 1 pack at the end of the event, but didn't you get at least 3 from hitting "Claim" at the end of your run? Or did you never do that?

poo poo. You're right I'm dumb. I read it as getting three packs at the end of everything. :downs:

uninverted
Nov 10, 2011

NihilCredo posted:

Did a couple runs with the deck (-1 Falchion +1 Gemblade). I agree that it's real good, but the glut of 3-power cards has been a bit of an issue against Stonescar and Skycrag IMO. There's several 2-drops that might fit in (Auric Bully/Vigilante, Tranquil Scholar, Tinker Overseer, heck maybe even Crownwatch Paladin), god knows which one / if any of the 3-drops should be removed though since they're all bombs. Probably Bloodletter I guess.

Also, this one wasn't actually a real issue, but it's kinda funny how utterly doomed the Runehammer is in a deck with 12 cards that can pop it (Doom, Instigator, Interrogator), and how good it still is anyway.

The deck has endless good three drops to choose from but after argenport instigator the two drops fall off a lot. I agree that it leads to some really weird hands where you go 3-3-3 all game long, but you can weave in protects and removal spells to make it a little better.

The auric runehammer thing is pretty amusing. I've been guilty of trying too hard to build decks to maximize little synergies and minimize little nonbos like that, but sometimes it's just better to just jam all the best cards.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Ok, tried that Argenport deck a bunch, armory feels better in every way. This is the list I'm running. It's better against control, better against aggro (or at least on par), and better vs other Argenport decks.

4 Seek Power (Set1 #408)
4 Torch (Set1 #8)
4 Quarry (Set1001 #15)
2 Vanquish (Set1 #143)
3 Auric Interrogator (Set1002 #13)
3 Copperhall Bailiff (Set1001 #5)
2 Privilege of Rank (Set1 #157)
3 Slay (Set2 #236)
3 Sword of Icaria (Set1 #315)
3 Auric Runehammer (Set1 #166)
2 Lethrai Falchion (Set1 #285)
2 Rise to the Challenge (Set1 #320)
4 Statuary Maiden (Set1 #387)
4 Harsh Rule (Set1 #172)
4 Tavrod, Auric Broker (Set1002 #18)
1 Smuggler's Stash (Set1 #396)
1 Starsteel Daisho (Set1 #328)
1 Icaria, the Liberator (Set1 #329)
4 Fire Sigil (Set1 #1)
5 Justice Sigil (Set1 #126)
2 Shadow Sigil (Set1 #249)
2 Rakano Banner (Set1 #427)
4 Seat of Glory (Set0 #56)
2 Seat of Vengeance (Set0 #55)
4 Seat of Chaos (Set0 #60)
2 Stonescar Banner (Set1 #419)

The Wu-Tang Secret
Nov 28, 2004

I just realized you can play an Adaptive Predator, and then cast Predator's Instinct or Xenan Initiation to give it Killer to let it immediately kill something and almost certainly get another battle skill. And then you can cast Mirror Image to get a copy with all of its keywords, including Killer, thus letting you immediately eat another unit and get another battle skill. And if your opponent has a Deadly unit, like, say, a 3/7 Lumen Defender, you can use Dragonbreath to safely kill it (and this works with Overwhelm for yet another random skill). Is there an actual competitive deck in this? I mean, obviously not, but could I at least make it something that I can use to have some fun when I have to do stupid Time/Primal daily quests? I'd probably have to blow 7200 shiftstone to complete my set of Sandstorm Titans, huh.

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007
Xenan Killers is a blast, but outside of a daily I'm not sure I'd play it over Praxis and Elysian midrange.

Meanwhile in saving for statuary maidens for modern armory.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

The Wu-Tang Secret posted:

I just realized you can play an Adaptive Predator, and then cast Predator's Instinct or Xenan Initiation to give it Killer to let it immediately kill something and almost certainly get another battle skill. And then you can cast Mirror Image to get a copy with all of its keywords, including Killer, thus letting you immediately eat another unit and get another battle skill. And if your opponent has a Deadly unit, like, say, a 3/7 Lumen Defender, you can use Dragonbreath to safely kill it (and this works with Overwhelm for yet another random skill). Is there an actual competitive deck in this? I mean, obviously not, but could I at least make it something that I can use to have some fun when I have to do stupid Time/Primal daily quests? I'd probably have to blow 7200 shiftstone to complete my set of Sandstorm Titans, huh.

It would be good but it’s too late game for that sort of snowballly thing. Decks centered around synergies with a single unit tend to have a fairly cheap thing, like Hero of the People. With Adaptive Predator you’re holding onto a card and all the payoff ones for ages, and Elysian isn’t great for control aside from chalice stuff so you get rolled over by midrange decks. It’s a cool draft card but not much else.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
There was a post upthread that said you could dump your entire collection on Eternal Warcry and have it spit out which decks you're close to building. Where's the button for that, both in the game and on the site?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Mister Olympus posted:

There was a post upthread that said you could dump your entire collection on Eternal Warcry and have it spit out which decks you're close to building. Where's the button for that, both in the game and on the site?

It's not built into the game but there's a deck tracker app that will export it for you. The current main build is broken but if you click next to my name and look at my previous posts in the thread I linked to a beta build of the tracker that works with the current version of Eternal

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

best draft deck in a while and I go 4 wins then power screw, matched against #20, matched against #4. I gave the latter two a run, but what the poo poo is that, I'm in gold.

Is there some doldrums in the middle of the month where only the super tryhards are drafting?

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black

Nosre posted:

best draft deck in a while and I go 4 wins then power screw, matched against #20, matched against #4. I gave the latter two a run, but what the poo poo is that, I'm in gold.

Is there some doldrums in the middle of the month where only the super tryhards are drafting?

Pretty sure draft matchmaking is against current drafters with your record

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

Interesting, I thought it was the opposite here (you get matched against your rank, regardless of record)

That's why (I think) people say it's impossible to go infinite here, since as your skill increases, so does your opponents'

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Nosre posted:

Interesting, I thought it was the opposite here (you get matched against your rank, regardless of record)

That's why (I think) people say it's impossible to go infinite here, since as your skill increases, so does your opponents'

Just anecdotally as someone who's never made it past Gd I'm guessing it first tries to pair you up based on your current draft record first, and then someone close to your ranking if they're available. If I have a good run and I'm 5-0 or 6-0 or something it seems I'm much much more likely to encounter Master ranked players, and I'm assuming it's because the matchmaking pool is much smaller at those records.

edit: also wait times for matches seem significantly longer at 5 or 6 wins

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
I finally got to Master in Ranked. I've even been doing OK at drafts for once!

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

Digging the Warhelm tech for RedTavrod in this recent tourney list: https://eternalwarcry.com/decks/details/526Nc7Qx4Nk/fjs-tavgod

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me
Hey that deck's actually pretty budget-friendly assuming you have Tavrod. Half of the rares, Harsh Rule and Runehammer, are really versatile and worth crafting at some point anyway.

I saw a sweet looking Katra Chalice deck on a stream that I can't find a list for, but I want to try. It had the typical base of Time units to use Chalice on, plus stuff like Amaran Camel to get lots of Katra triggers later in the game. It definitely ran Mask of Torment as well, but I figure that's mostly for grinding out the really late game and you could make a decent build without it.

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

Yea, I'm liking it--just powered through Gold I pretty easy. I cut 1 maul for 1 Leshrai's (tutorable lifegain), that's it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
i just ran into an armory deck that cast rise for the challenge for warhelm to play on his tavrod next turn the technology is real