Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Rookoo posted:

This might be a weird question but does the splatfest dialogue between pearl and marina get uploaded anywhere? I don't have a switch but loads of people I follow on twitter play and talk about it so it'd be nice to get the full picture.
Here are screenshots someone on Reddit took of the intro and the results dialogue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

In Training posted:

Sounds good to me. Will we sign up into a spreadsheet to make the team assignments?

Maybe, but I suspect it would be better just to let players announce their participation in the tournament thread. I can do all the paperwork in the meantime.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
If that's the case, count me in.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
How hard is it to get to B- as a casual player? I wanna try league but I don’t want to obsess to get there in a chill coloring game.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Rolo posted:

How hard is it to get to B- as a casual player? I wanna try league but I don’t want to obsess to get there in a chill coloring game.

You should get there very easily unless you’re incredibly bad and/or have bad luck getting paired with just incredibly bad teammates constantly. You should make it in at least one of the categories relatively quickly.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It doesn't take long but if you don't really want to play ranked, league is the hardest tier of online play available so it wouldn't be more interesting

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
So admittedly I don’t play a whole lot of Salmon Run but I literally only just got out of Part-Timer for the first time

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Escobarbarian posted:

So admittedly I don’t play a whole lot of Salmon Run but I literally only just got out of Part-Timer for the first time

Nice! One thing that the lower levels don't have is some of the more interesting events like Mothership and Glowflies, but those events tend to require a lot of coördination, and that can be hard to get with randos.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

Cocoa Crispies posted:

coördination

The hell is this

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

pokeyman posted:

The hell is this

https://www.newyorker.com/culture/culture-desk/the-curse-of-the-diaeresis

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Get that poo poo outta the Splatoon thread.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired
As if English wasn't complicated and nonsensical enough.
When do we get a squid alphabet.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

The Gorp posted:

As if English wasn't complicated and nonsensical enough.
When do we get a squid alphabet.

http://frozenpandaman.github.io/inkling.html

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?

Escobarbarian posted:

I've only had the game a week, but I was stuck in part-timer for what felt like an awful long time because of how inconsistent pubs are, once I got outta that and into go-getter the teams got a lot more competent.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

pokeyman posted:

Who are you, the sheriff of English orthography?

Punkreas
May 13, 2013

*chews on head*
Lipstick Apathy
Fear not! The terrible Sheriff of Orthographam shall be outdone by the valorous Robin Hoöd.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Splatoon 2 owns where's the tournament thread.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug
I'm gonna miss the Grizzco Brella, preëmptively pouring one out for it.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

pokeyman posted:

I think I'm gonna change my Miiverse thing to the New Yorker Cartoon Guy now just because of this

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Cocoa Crispies posted:

preëmptively

Ban this sick filth.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I think I'm gonna change my Miiverse thing to the New Yorker Cartoon Guy now just because of this

:yeah:

Mystery Machine
Oct 12, 2008
What sort of gear do folks recommend on the Splattershot Pro? I'm running a mixed kit with some Ink Resist, Ink Recovery, Ink Saver (main and sub), and Bomb Defense.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Ink Saver Main is a must have, that thing guzzles ink very fast.

If you want to make heavy use of Point Sensor, Sub Power Up is a must have. That sub weapon is so much stronger now that Sub Power Up extends the tracking time on top of the throwing distance. Even a few extra seconds of tracking time can be very costly to the enemy team if they don't behave appropriately. (And stacking lots of Sub Power Up makes the tracking last an absurdly long time. Like around 17 seconds with around max Sub Power Up.) I wouldn't be surprised if Cold Blooded started rising up in usage to counter this.

Ink Resistance Up is also nice to have since the Splattershot Pro isn't too great at inking your feet, and you really don't want to get bear trapped with that weapon.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

^ Idk how much I'd want sub up for the time, most targets I mark don't last long enough for it to wear off. Teammates love marked targets. I could see that way more in splatzones more where people tend to back up instead of standing in the fight as much.

Totally needs ink saver for the SS Pro that sucker eats ink faster than about anything.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Is there a kit that makes the 96 gal viable, or is it doomed to the garbage bin? It feels so much less accurate than it was in 1.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

By the way, it turns out that seabagging is indeed a bannable offense according to Nintendo. So don't do it unless you want you entire console banned from online activities for 2 weeks.

LethalGeek posted:

^ Idk how much I'd want sub up for the time, most targets I mark don't last long enough for it to wear off. Teammates love marked targets. I could see that way more in splatzones more where people tend to back up instead of standing in the fight as much.

Totally needs ink saver for the SS Pro that sucker eats ink faster than about anything.

Probably not too much. Maybe around 2 mains (Or 1 main and 3 subs) at most if you want something else more. The fact that it can be thrown farther into enemy territory on top of the extended tracking time makes is what makes it very potent in my opinion.

It's definitely a sub weapon that will excel more on certain maps. Muscleforge Fitness is a big candidate for good usage of those.

I'd say that if any of you tried ignoring the Point Sensors before and just walked through them without thinking, you may want to rethink that tactic. That potential extra tracking time makes that a very bad idea now. Especially if you have an ambush heavy playstyle.

Not a Children posted:

Is there a kit that makes the 96 gal viable, or is it doomed to the garbage bin? It feels so much less accurate than it was in 1.

.96 Gal is a lot more potent and got an accuracy buff in this patch. I'd say that Ink Saver Main or Ink Recovery Up are worthy considerations since the main weapon is the most ink inefficient weapon out of all the shooters. The .96 isn't that great at turfing, so if you want to make use of that Ink Armor, I suggest making use of Special Saver so you can pull it out at the right times more easily.

I'm not sure how much of this statement is true now that patch 1.4.0 came out, but long and mid-range weapons really aren't that good in this game. (But hopefully the buffs to those weapons in this patch will give them a place now.) So maybe it would be best to wait for the next patch and try out a different weapon if you can't make it work out.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Does it ban you from Mario Kart online and Isaac dailies and everything? Can you still use the eshop?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Fun Times! posted:

Does it ban you from Mario Kart online and Isaac dailies and everything? Can you still use the eshop?

eshop? Not sure. Everything else? Yes, you are banned from those.

And it's the entire console as well, so any other accounts on the system won't be able to go online either.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Thankfully squadbagging at the end of SR is still OK because no one cares about evil bug eyed fish

Owers
Nov 13, 2004

I want to be lean and mean.
To clarify, you're only banned for squid bagging if enough players report you for it with SplatNet2. Nintendo isn't cracking down on it and handing out bans like candy. A mutual squid party at the end of Salmon Run is safe, and private games are probably fine too. If you don't give players an excuse to report you in public matches, you can keep playing Splatoon 2 and also get your rear end kicked in Puyo Puyo Tetris online.

Owers fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Oct 17, 2017

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Dr. Fetus posted:

By the way, it turns out that seabagging is indeed a bannable offense according to Nintendo. So don't do it unless you want you entire console banned from online activities for 2 weeks.

loving :lol:

gotta find something to get mad about in this literal children's game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Squidbagging is extremely disrespectful and frankly the punishment should be a lifetime ban

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Glad to be back in the game again, but wow I've gotten even more awful over time. :downs:

How expanded is the single player campaign compared to the first game? Or is it as stapled on as ever?

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Last time I saw someone squidbagging, it was in the final seconds as they decisively lost the match, so that was a nice bit of instant karma.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

In Training posted:

Squidbagging is extremely disrespectful and frankly the punishment should be a lifetime ban

the disrespectful part here is that you didn't call it the correct term of "seabagging"

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pollyanna posted:

Glad to be back in the game again, but wow I've gotten even more awful over time. :downs:

How expanded is the single player campaign compared to the first game? Or is it as stapled on as ever?

It's better than the first one and pretty breezy, I've played through it like 6 times and I'll probably eventually get 1000% in it. It's with a playthrough bc it gives you a few levels with every weapon archetype, which is the one glaring issue the first game had

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

BattleMaster posted:

the disrespectful part here is that you didn't call it the correct term of "seabagging"

inklings arent from the sea and they die if they go in there

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

absolutely anything posted:

inklings arent from the sea and they die if they go in there

we're all from the sea, historically. and we all eventually die in the sea

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

BattleMaster posted:

It's squidkidding actually.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Uh is that last round perfect? Oh wait unless it was goldie or glowflies there's no real limit there afaik.

Still, gently caress :stare: