Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

cams posted:

i recognize that i may have a flawed perspective, what are considered to be the big dog's best in ring performances?

It's Styles and Owens, two matches against top tier workers that also happened to be gimmicked to hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

cams posted:

i recognize that i may have a flawed perspective, what are considered to be the big dog's best in ring performances?

v. Bryan at Fastlane, v. Lesnar at Mania 31, and pick a PPV match against Braun.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

People are still insane for mentioning the Lesnar match. The only notable part of that thing is the cash-in.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Dude had good matches against Braun ffs.

I reckon that Roman is a lot like Batista in that when he first started getting pushed he wasn't a very good wrestler but within a year he was having great matches so long as the other party wasn't poo poo.

Luckily Roman can't act to save his life so we've all got plenty of time to come around and appreciate Roman Reigns the Wrestler.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

cams posted:

Roman vs. AJ at Payback 2016 is my favorite match of his. He works as a cocky tweener, almost heel, and it comes across so much better than his ringwork as a face.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Oh Snapple! posted:

People are still insane for mentioning the Lesnar match. The only notable part of that thing is the cash-in.

He was laughing at the suplexes! LAUGHING!!!!!!!!

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

It's easy in hindsight to poo-poo the lesnar match but I and most of us dug it in the moment and they should have pulled the trigger then

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
The Lesner formula was good when the formula was still fresh and the Lesner match was over two years ago so that's like, four Lesner matches ago.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Jackie D posted:

It's easy in hindsight to poo-poo the lesnar match but I and most of us dug it in the moment and they should have pulled the trigger then

How many Roman coronations would we be on then, five?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Wrong thread.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Oh Snapple! posted:

it is funny cause if i were asked what my favorite reigns single match was, i'd say reigns vs brock because roman barely has any actual contribution to it whatsoever

i'll watch roman vs bryan, aj, and owens.

Gonzo McFee posted:

Dude had good matches against Braun ffs.
i've seen a couple of these and i will strongly disagree

i don't really even strictly attack his physicality, it is his complete lack of psychology or interesting storytelling that i'm critical of. almost every time i watch a roman reigns single match i genuinely think that i am the victim of some meta joke and the match is going to end with someone killing roman and going "obviously he is awful at this, of course this was a joke."

i especially thought this watching his mania matches against hhh and taker. watching the hhh match was a strange, transcendental experience where i could not believe i what i was watching and that i was expected to accept it as a passable performance.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

The man managed to get booed after Stephanie McMahon cut a promo as a Cenobite declaring how Triple H was going to drag the worthless audience to Hell. That takes a special sort of talent (at being bad)

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

cams posted:

it is funny cause if i were asked what my favorite reigns single match was, i'd say reigns vs brock because roman barely has any actual contribution to it whatsoever

the easiest role to play in a match is to kick rear end for 90% of it and have your opponent sell his rear end off for you. this is why Braun, who is still green, is super over.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Ok so my grandpa is a huge huge huge lucha fan and is the only reason I am a wrestle fan. I still remember him screaming at the TV for Chavo (sr) to win.

I've never seen someone so mad at anything on the tv as my grandpa when Rollins cashed in. He was so mad at what the sport has become..

Now he's dead so I don't know what the point of this was

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

The_Rob posted:

My problem with Roman has never been that he can't have a decent match in ring. He can it's the fact that dude has no personality in ring as far as offense is concerned. He's can't fly, he's not technical, his power moves aren't that powerful. He's supposed to be a striker but his strikes always look weak. He just kind of exists to have WWE style matches.

His strikes look weak? He has amazing punches, drive by and superman punch look good.

Maxwell Lord posted:

Honestly if they keep him with the reunited Shield forever I think he'll be accepted more. He's more likable as part of a group even if he does end up doing mostly solo matches.

Reigns v Lesnar for WM 34 is still the most boring main event you could possibly conceive of, but maybe it won't be quite as blatantly rejected this time. This for Vince would be a victory.

Look, I don't think Reigns is terrible, but someone going on and on about how he's the best loving psychological wrestler ever and all his matches are perfectly paced and Cody always sucked anyway... it's a little irritating.

I know it wasn't everyone's cup of tea, but Reigns v Lesnar 1 was really entertaining. Sure, it was all build up to the rematch (and a little bit too much) but hugely entertaining. I'm looking forward to the rematch!

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

DeathChicken posted:

The man managed to get booed after Stephanie McMahon cut a promo as a Cenobite declaring how Triple H was going to drag the worthless audience to Hell. That takes a special sort of talent (at being bad)

Not quite sure this is a good argument, as Stephanie McMahon cutting a promo as a Cenobite declaring how Triple H was going to drag the worthless audience to Hell is pretty awesome and cheer-worthy.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WWE/status/920116752855441409 https://twitter.com/WWE/status/920116752855441409
https://twitter.com/WWE/status/920116752855441409
https://twitter.com/WWE/status/920116752855441409

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

That monstrosity seems as good a place to close this thread as any. I'll get the new discussion thread up after Raw :)

• Locked thread