Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

hmmm. i cannot read that message

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990

peramene posted:

:ghost: Welcome to a new peragame policy!

When a conversation is hindering rather than helping play, I will say so and make a very simple request.

Quid, bif, darlings, that's enough. You're at an impasse and I'd like you to move on. No blame, no judgin', no hate. It's just time to move on and you're both not seeing it atm. Anyone who wants to may respond with an emote-only post to agree.:ghost:

:wrong: tgis pointless bickering is exactly what the game deservws

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

wtf kind of a name is llwewywn

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

wtf kind of a name is llwewywn

Welsh.

The worst kind of name.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Welsh.

The worst kind of name.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFphYRyH7wc

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

I was already way bored with that conversation so it works out well :v:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Was that death the resolution of night actions? I neither got a confirmation nor a rejection of an action because I wasn't able to submit anything, as previously stated.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

If anyone's looking for more cool secret things to do, if you're capable of watching or tracking you might want to try and modify your efforts into more of a voyeur type of role. To attempt to see WHAT action they did, or what action was done to them, rather than a who or a where.

I do not yet know how effective this would be. But the idea sounds very promising.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Bifauxnen posted:

If anyone's looking for more cool secret things to do, if you're capable of watching or tracking you might want to try and modify your efforts into more of a voyeur type of role. To attempt to see WHAT action they did, or what action was done to them, rather than a who or a where.

I do not yet know how effective this would be. But the idea sounds very promising.

I imagibe in a Pera game voyeur resultes would be very.... fruitful ;)

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

I imagibe in a Pera game voyeur resultes would be very.... fruitful ;)

:gizz:

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Bacta was just trying to blow off some steam. He'd visited the Ancient History Museum and thought he'd check out a display of the two most popular theories of modern human origins. He didn't understand much of what he was looking at, but it didn't really matter that much anyway. It had been a rough day, in what was undoubtedly going to be a very long series of very rough days. There was a tightness in his chest. His doctors had warned him - too much stress and he'd start having trouble again. He walked over to an exhibit featuring multiple wax models of what the display alleged to be early hunter-gatherer cooperative nomadic behavior.

His eyes dimmed. He reached his hand into his bag, and spun around as quickly as he could. He identified a mother with three small children who hadn't seen his pistol yet and he opened fire. The bullets tore through the museum as he walked closer and closer to the mother - intentionally firing over her head and into the soft display behind her. Six rounds, and then his chest tightened again. The first four shots were in roughly a straight vertical line, and the last two were positioned just to the right - between the first and second; third and fourth respectively.

A security guard who had never seen anything of the sort in his life ran over and ordered Bacta to drop his weapon. "I can't."

The prongs penetrated his upper arm and the charge of electricity made his whole body shake. The woman and her children screamed again and again, terrified, but in the end they were safe. For all intents and purposes, it appeared as though the security guard had saved her life and that of her children. But Bacta Delrio, no - the shock from the taser had been enough to bring his heart far enough out of rhythm that it triggered a heart attack. He lie on the floor of the museum looking up at the ceiling, his hand still holding tightly to his pistol - until it didn't any longer.

Bacta Delrio has died of a heart attack. First responders told DNN that Bacta had been suffering from heart problems over the last year, and therefore are unsure whether or not this death was the work of Kira.

The Delrio family will not spend tonight mourning.

peramene fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Oct 17, 2017

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Suspicions for Night 1
The current deadline is October 16th, 2017 at 10 p.m. PDT -- that's in about 2 hours, 56 minutes.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
I'm off to bed. G'Night

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

I'm off to bed. G'Night

you shall not wake

:getin:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

you shall not wake

Hmmmmmmmmmm

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

you shall not wake

scumpost

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Is it just me, or does it seem like kira took the eyes right off and is killing everyone he sees?

Bold. Can't deny it's effective, two people are dead. Hopefully it's too bold and he'll get caught quickly.

Another thing, are actions being processed as they come in, rather than all at once?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

How dare you say this about my new best friend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wGjb75bDF8

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Is it just me, or does it seem like kira took the eyes right off and is killing everyone he sees?

Bold. Can't deny it's effective, two people are dead. Hopefully it's too bold and he'll get caught quickly.

Another thing, are actions being processed as they come in, rather than all at once?

Seems more like lurker deaths, I think.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Bifauxnen posted:

Before D1 deadline?

I suppose it could be players who didn't get on discord etc, but it seems a little early for cleanup.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Max posted:

IT APPEARS YT IS THE ONLY PERSON IN THIS GAME WILLING TO PUT AN OPINION OUT THERE.

How did YT not do the exact same thing I did?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hal Incandenza posted:

How did YT not do the exact same thing I did?

Oh OK I see you aren't really in the game. I thought you meant you needed our IN GAME names.

Whatever judge me see if I care

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Bifauxnen posted:

peramene posted:

- You must actively participate in the game, and failure to do so will result in killing roles being able to eliminate you at will.
- Failure to participate meaningfully will grant killing roles fragments of free information that will aid them in eliminating you.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
That's quite a bit faster than I expected, but if it gets things going, I'm not going to argue.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Suspicions for Night 1
The current deadline is October 16th, 2017 at 10 p.m. PDT -- that's in about 59 minutes.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Suspicions for Night 1
The current deadline is October 16th, 2017 at 10 p.m. PDT -- that's in about 0 minutes.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Here's my meaningful contribution

farts on my keyboard

oitdfjkt4383t3gt4v3qg4vqgptv4

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

farts some more

a0587k87k86684c86ggaec489alc4478f4i0760al7886dk8978d06878dd05e78fk0f680478j78gg78b

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Funny story, it's actually really hard to turn around and put your butt on a laptop without falling over onto it.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Betsy Delrio has died in the hospital of ruptured intestines after eating what one bystander described as "...far too many loving bloomin' onions. I've never seen anything like it in my goddamn life. It was like that joke. She just kept eating and eating until she was begging for an ambulance." The press identifies her as a Private Investigator.

The Delrio family will spend Night 2 mourning her loss.

It is now Night 2.

peramene fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Oct 17, 2017

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Suspicions for Night 2
The current deadline is October 17th, 2017 at 10 p.m. PDT -- that's in about 23 hours, 6 minutes.

Also:

peramene fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Oct 17, 2017

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

peramene posted:

Betsy Delrio

holy poo poo

I mean

holy poo poo

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

how many roads must a man walk down

gently caress 42 its obviously 89894875868978870

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

chess is for dumb butts and i am very bad at it and also slightly drunk

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

im not gonna do the butt thing again that was hard

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

A poster to surpass Bifauxnen!

The Four Knights opening. Relatively equal position when played ideally but, in this circumstance, odds strongly favor white who has already castled.

Personally I'd play Nc3-d5, check. Black takes d5 with Nf6. You recapture with the E pawn. Black has to retreat his knight, white takes blacks E pawn. The exchange ends with white a point ahead and mostly in control of the center.

We should discuss though that this position is technically impossible. Black has taken one more move than white. That will never happen.

*Edit*

Oh! Oh! Never mind, my bad. Same number of moves, White's turn. I got so caught up in that king on the seventh rank I forgot to count the castled king castling as a move. Everything's good. Except that King on the seventh rank. Nothing was threatening him on his home square. Moving forward would have been one of the worst notions for that peice. Considering he already put in all the effort to clear his casting line.

*Edit Edit*

When the two bishops are brought to the center like that it's the Giuoco Piano variant of the Four Knights Game. Apparently.

KhediveRex fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Oct 17, 2017

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

the king exposed himself

lol

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
My initial thought was that the board piece positions spelled out a message.

Probably not.

Other thoughts, the only difference between white and black is the choice of a kingside castle on white against moving the king forward on black.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

A poster to surpass Bifauxnen!
He's just hanging out there in the wind. It's really not a defensible position.

• Locked thread