Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
Superkick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
in WCW
Goldberg: Only out of spite before he lost to nash.
Nash: out of spite
Hogan: out of spite
DDP: Needed multiple unless it was a new variation.
The Giant: Often beat multiple people...so i guess?

everyone else had to do multiple cause wcw

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Was any reason given for why Kane changed his mask so that we can now see his mouth? The previous incarnation of the mask looked so cool that I never got used to his current look.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

It's probably easier to breathe without your nose and mouth covered.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

AkumaHokoru posted:

in WCW
Goldberg: Only out of spite before he lost to nash.

Iirc Nash never kicked out of a spear or jackhammer at Starrcade.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
And who kicked out of the diamond cutter? Goldberg? Me in middle school?

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Goldberg kicked out, although it was after one of those "DDP knocks himself out too and takes ten seconds to go make a cover" deals

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

TV Zombie posted:

Was any reason given for why Kane changed his mask so that we can now see his mouth? The previous incarnation of the mask looked so cool that I never got used to his current look.
He said he was only going to wear the mask from now on if he could breathe out of it, so they changed it up. He was also talking more at that point.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

ahh. The old look was so great though.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Any cases of wrestlers leaving wwe voluntarily and it NOT working out well ,i.e. anyone done the opposite of Cody?

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

ICHIBAHN posted:

Any cases of wrestlers leaving wwe voluntarily and it NOT working out well ,i.e. anyone done the opposite of Cody?

Ryback is really tearing up the indies...

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
He didn't ask for his release did he? They just didn't agree new terms

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

ICHIBAHN posted:

He didn't ask for his release did he? They just didn't agree new terms

Did it ever come out what his terms were? If they're as ridiculous as I imagine they could be, it's essentially the same as asking for his release.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Think he wanted x3 more money than his current deal. Could be wrong

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

ICHIBAHN posted:

Del Rio isn't exactly tearing it up out there

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

When you come at the king, you best not miss, snitch

HE KNOWS
CM Punk humiliated himself in hilarious fashion

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Dude always said he just wanted to go out there and say he got KOed in UFC once for big bucks

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

jack swagger is the answer

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

oatgan posted:

jack swagger is the answer

Isn't he still waiting for his no-compete to end

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

nope lol

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

if your love of wrestling/the business survives the wwe and you haven't forgotten how to work a small room instead of the nosebleeds then you'll succeed

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

ICHIBAHN posted:

:aronrex:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Defiance Industries posted:

Del Rio isn't exactly tearing it up out there

He's making a ton of money.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

MassRafTer posted:

And he barely even shows to work!

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Benne posted:

Isn't he still waiting for his no-compete to end

quit in march, been working in basketball shorts since may

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Guess that answers the question as to how well Swagger's been doing on the indies. Only ever heard his name come up in relation to "is Jack Swagger actually doing anything"

I remember when Sandow got released people were mad that WWE never gave him a real push. Then he got a real push in TNA and hoo boy did we dodge a bullet there.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

MassRafTer posted:

His restaurant isn't THAT good.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Benne posted:

Guess that answers the question as to how well Swagger's been doing on the indies. Only ever heard his name come up in relation to "is Jack Swagger actually doing anything"

I remember when Sandow got released people were mad that WWE never gave him a real push. Then he got a real push in TNA and hoo boy did we dodge a bullet there.

UUDD watchers knew this even before he was released

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008
Would anyone like to help me out and give me a rundown of Aron Rex? It sounds hilarious.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Alexander Hamilton posted:

Would anyone like to help me out and give me a rundown of Aron Rex? It sounds hilarious.

Damien Sandow shaved his beard (which made him look unbelievably out of shape) and gave himself a terrible Liberace gimmick.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Alexander Hamilton posted:

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

This is still mesmerizing.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

i think what i love about this botch is that, in most contexts, it would be pretty minor and no one would give a poo poo. in the context of the history of aron rex, though, it is a perfect 3 second summary

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

abraham linksys posted:

i think what i love about this botch is that, in most contexts, it would be pretty minor and no one would give a poo poo. in the context of the history of aron rex, though, it is a perfect 3 second summary

Some people say he's too entertaining to hold world titles

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Damien Sandow shaved his beard (which made him look unbelievably out of shape) and gave himself a terrible Liberace gimmick.

Actually the Liberace gimmick came much later. He first showed up and cut one of those terrible "I won't say who held me back (wink wink) but they totally held me back" promos that every ex-WWE guy is required to cut in TNA, got pushed as part of the fake MMA division they started, and poo poo up TV for a while doing the pseudo-tough-guy thing.

Once he started aping Liberace, Jarrett and his crew showed up and fired his rear end before that gimmick went anywhere of note. Now he's apparently retired.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

The NJPW World free match this week is Dynamite Kid vs Tiger Mask for the WWF Junior Heavyweight title from a WWF Madison Square Garden show. Is there any reason they'd have the rights to that?

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Benne posted:

Now he's apparently retired.

Another two years and he'll be eligible to take an old hand slot on NXT.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Nobody in the WWE has kicked out of the Phenomenal Forearm yet, right?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Baron Corbyn posted:

The NJPW World free match this week is Dynamite Kid vs Tiger Mask for the WWF Junior Heavyweight title from a WWF Madison Square Garden show. Is there any reason they'd have the rights to that?

They both worked NJPW and were only doing that show as part of the talent exchange between the two companies. It was done in MSG to air in Japan and make them look like bigger international stars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

The WWF Junior Heavyweight title was also essentially just a New Japan title after 1978, when Fujinami won it. It was eventually abandoned in 1986 for the IWGP Junior title that's around today. I'm not even sure if Vince remembers it exists.