Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Spanish Matlock posted:

Better question is how have the characters not learned that they have access to a magical robot lady who can bring them unicorns on demand? Who throws a party with access to unicorns and does not include them, that's the real question.

Edit: Hell, for that matter Jason is the smartest of all of them, at least he realized he could get an xbox.

She's not a robot. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Eleanor tearing up about the toothbrush rack was great, partly for how it pays off her lovely parents and broken home, partly because it blurs the line between character and actor, because I 100% believe Kristen Bell would also cry about the symbolic togetherness of a toothbrush holder, just from a much more wholesome appreciation for it.

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

Eleanor tearing up about the toothbrush rack was great, partly for how it pays off her lovely parents and broken home, partly because it blurs the line between character and actor, because I 100% believe Kristen Bell would also cry about the symbolic togetherness of a toothbrush holder, just from a much more wholesome appreciation for it.

Easily one of my favorite moments.

So..anybody else thinking that the Jason/Tahani thing matched with Janet’s increased capacity will end with a vengeful murder not-robot?

ALSO!! Am I weird for thinking that the “8 is best on a 1 to 13 scale” for Jason’s 60 man dance troupe makes perfect sense. If someone is TOO good a dancer, fly, dope, or smart-brained, it could really kill the vibe of the group! Who wants to be around a “13 fresh” all the time?

navyjack fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Oct 14, 2017

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Michael's bad place literally cannot work, not for any real amount of time, because every drat human being who could possibly end up there has already been through that. The dumb gently caress is just trying to recreate daily life for humanity and he doesn't have a drat clue.

I wonder if Chidi's ethics lessons are going to make him realize his mistake.

ricro
Dec 22, 2008

NecroMonster posted:

daily life for humanity

You mean hell?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

SlipkPIe posted:

You mean hell?

yes he says gnostically

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

"All humans are aware of death. So we're all a little bit sad all the time. That's just the deal."

This show... :gbsmith:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

NecroMonster posted:

Michael's bad place literally cannot work, not for any real amount of time, because every drat human being who could possibly end up there has already been through that. The dumb gently caress is just trying to recreate daily life for humanity and he doesn't have a drat clue.

Yeah the people around me are torturing me all the time anyway. At least Michael's Bad Place has fro yo.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

biracial bear for uncut posted:

Which Earth?

Given that the current US President is literally going to withdraw aid from one US state, resulting in the deaths of thousands of US citizens in the aftermath of 2 hurricanes devastating the area, I'd argue that Earth is The Bad Place.

Earth is the Bad Place but not for the reason you think. You see, all the people in disaster areas are demons designed to make you feel bad and furtherm-

(USER WAS REBOOTED FOR THIS POST)

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

NecroMonster posted:

I rewound the "Jason figured it out?!" so many times. What especially makes it is the confused death glare Michael shoots right as he's describing it

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

theflyingexecutive posted:

I rewound the "Jason figured it out?!" so many times. What especially makes it is the confused death glare Michael shoots right as he's describing it

it's especially funny considering, well, what person hasn't wondered if they aren't secretly in hell being tortured?

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

TwoPair posted:

Earth is the Bad Place but not for the reason you think. You see, all the people in disaster areas are demons designed to make you feel bad and furtherm-

(USER WAS REBOOTED FOR THIS POST)

OK, I loved this post. I was thiiiiiiiiiis close to checking your rap sheet to see what Rebooting was.

Meta.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-41609603

Jameela Jamil did an interview with the BBC that will depress any struggling actor. She had no acting experience or training and the Good Place was her first audition ever.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Gobbeldygook posted:

Jameela Jamil did an interview with the BBC that will depress any struggling actor. She had no acting experience or training and the Good Place was her first audition ever.

Hadn’t she been on TV for years at that point though?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Gobbeldygook posted:

She's also super good at the role.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Yes, but basically as an MTV VJ.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Gaz-L posted:

For realz going to the bad place.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Gaz-L posted:

Having on screen experience and being recognizable is way different from just walking in off the street.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

According to wikipedia she got the first tv gig she ever applied for as well.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

nooneofconsequence posted:

Sounds like she owns if you ask me

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Accomplishments are easy when you are incredibly good-looking and good at acting.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

To be fair, the pickings are slim in England. Most chicks sound like truck drivers.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Congratulations, beautiful.

WingsOfSteel
Nov 13, 2007

Even Dr. Octopus can learn something from the Internet!
Fun fact, Jameela Jamil has a younger sister who will accidentally crush herself to death when Jameela gets inducted into the sitcom hall of fame.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Chidi destroying Michael as a first step towards teaching him ethics was amazing. "Now we're getting somewhere!"

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

clown shoes posted:

The writer of tonight's episode, Megan Amram, is hilarious.

More food puns:
https://twitter.com/meganamram/status/913642289834090497
I'm just quoting this on the assumption that everyone probably wants to read it again.

Gobbeldygook posted:

I watched it once and remember nothing about the story except there was a big fight scene, was very mediocre, and had a ton of fan service but I can't remember what exactly.

Escobarbarian posted:

i literally don't remember a single thing that happened in the veronica mars movie but i think it was ok
Glad I'm not the only one.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

PostNouveau posted:

Sounds like she owns if you ask me

She's like a real-life version of Tahani.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
http://uproxx.com/sepinwall/the-good-place-twist-explained-mike-schur/

quote:

Thankfully, we work with Allison Jones. We said to her, like, “We need a tall, stunningly beautiful woman, of Indian or Pakistani descent, who speaks with an Oxford-English accent, and dresses like Grace Kelly.” Then Allison was like: “Here she is. Her name is Jameela Jamil. What else you need?”

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Saw that Jason/Tahani hook-up coming for a while. They're actually perfect for each other. Tahani constantly over-thinks everything and it makes her miserable. Jason...doesn't do that. Hopefully his influence mellows her out a bit.

I agree though that the fallout is going to be nuclear once Janet realizes what happened.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I'm really interested to see where Michael develops now that we're seeing him in his actual role as a Bad Place architect.

I was a little bit thrown by "Existential Crisis" at first because he was acting so much like the fake Good Place Michael. I thought he must be faking the humans out and that they were even dumber than I thought for falling for it. But when that turned out not to be the case and he actually thanked Eleanor at the end, I thought back to the flashbacks we see in the season 1 finale and how Michael acted in the office. He really is the earnest, bumbling, mostly harmless dude that he came across as in "Existential Crisis." He played that up when he was pretending to be a Good Place architect, but to a large degree it's who he really is.

He's this earnest, nervous office worker guy who got in way over his head on his first major project and it's going to be fun to watch him develop from there.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

PantsBandit posted:

Saw that Jason/Tahani hook-up coming for a while. They're actually perfect for each other. Tahani constantly over-thinks everything and it makes her miserable. Jason...doesn't do that. Hopefully his influence mellows her out a bit.

I agree though that the fallout is going to be nuclear once Janet realizes what happened.

What do you mean? Janet was rebooted a thousand times and had only married Jason because he asked her that one time

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
My theory is that Michael has been retired, and he is in his people's version of the Bad Place, locked up with mortals who constantly outwit him and subject him to the horrors of mortality.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

clown shoes posted:

The writer of tonight's episode, Megan Amram, is hilarious.

More food puns:
https://twitter.com/meganamram/status/913642289834090497
You know what they missed out on?
The good plaice!

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

What do you mean? Janet was rebooted a thousand times and had only married Jason because he asked her that one time

I'd be a little surprised if they never returned to that sub-plot but who knows!

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Jet Jaguar posted:

Chidi destroying Michael as a first step towards teaching him ethics was amazing. "Now we're getting somewhere!"

I'm the group of people who think they can learn their way into the Good Place from a guy who learned his way into the Bad Place.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

Honestly, I'd love it if the show did this increasingly escalating the mixed-up relationship "Wait, have we all banged each other across over a hundred years?"

And then Michael just tells them to have an open relationship between the five of them and they call it good.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Not that I'm actively hoping Ghosted gets cancelled but it's super obviously gonna be, and so I hope season 3 brings Adam Scott back like every 2 or 3 episodes.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

precision posted:

Not that I'm actively hoping Ghosted gets cancelled but it's super obviously gonna be, and so I hope season 3 brings Adam Scott back like every 2 or 3 episodes.

It's on fox. It will run 10 seasons just to spite you. That's also how they are hogging Adriane Palliki.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

NecroMonster posted:

That or he figures out the perfect way to torture them and goes back on his word.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

cant cook creole bream posted:

It's on fox. It will run 10 seasons just to spite you. That's also how they are hogging Adriane Palliki.

I want you to be wrong about Palicki, but The Orville will probably end up running longer than Bonanza

• Locked thread