Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Marching Powder posted:

also there is a staggering number of people that will be thinking 'wow, it looks like arguably the greatest fighter to have ever lived can be competitive with michael bisping'. not just win mind you. people are going to be genuinely surprised if it's competitive. lol. keven, you have wrought a thing of beauty in this forum.

Bisping is Bisping's worst enemy so I think he can win, yeh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Bisping v GSP will cause some of the best posts in the jase wins thread thats for certain.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

GTO posted:

4 years ago if GSP was fighting Bisping I'm sure GSP would have been the favourite. But since then Bisping has been KOed by Silva, nearly KOed by a 44 year old Henderson, and now it's an unfair matchup?

In that same time period GSP has won a close decision over crippling cowardice and maybe learned how to do a flip. I’m not clear on if he got the flip or not.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

YOLOsubmarine posted:

In that same time period GSP has won a close decision over crippling cowardice and maybe learned how to do a flip. I’m not clear on if he got the flip or not.

he did it but he used a spring board and maybe a vault

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
GSP is probably going to win.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

GTO posted:

4 years ago if GSP was fighting Bisping I'm sure GSP would have been the favourite. But since then Bisping has been KOed by Silva, nearly KOed by a 44 year old Henderson, and now it's an unfair matchup?

Literally every single MMA fighter except GSP ended up "was always bad" and well.....:getin:

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

tesilential posted:

Literally every single MMA fighter except GSP ended up "was always bad" and well.....:getin:

Genki loving Sudo

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Lid posted:

Genki loving Sudo

Got KO'd by Kid Yamamoto

GTO
Sep 16, 2003

tesilential posted:

After Bisping GSP everyone will say they were both always bad.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Skip My Posts posted:

I’m always aware of the closest non-white dude

*whispers "race war" with inappropriate gravitas*

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

gsp is going to see the face of all his childhood bullies in michael bisping and get vengeance with a brutal second round knockout

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

tesilential posted:

they were all good,.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

I know apparently everyone here has some form of body dysmorphia, but how the gently caress is 185 pound old GSP fat?

Matt Serra is a chubbo. Mark Hunt is a chubby man bordering on fat. Roy Nelson is a big ole' fat guy.

I'm going to love this fight regardless of the outcome, because the ghost of Andy Silva is going to get one last shot at glory if he doesn't gently caress up the Gastelum fight.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
How is he fat? I guess via eating habits? I don't know. Wish "Titcum Guzzler" hadn't died so he could tell us about lipids or whatever.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

I.N.R.I posted:

ill be amazed if he looks good. hes coming from a very high place so it might be possible, i just personally doubt it. if theres a sport it can be done in though its fighting

Jordan did it in basketball, though tbf GSP's layoff has been ~2x as long

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Captain Log posted:

Matt Serra is a chubbo. Mark Hunt is a chubby man bordering on fat. Roy Nelson is a big ole' fat guy.

you've been reading too many health at any size blogs cos these dudes are all fat

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

DeimosRising posted:

Jordan did it in basketball, though tbf GSP's layoff has been ~2x as long

Mario Lemieux

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Captain Log posted:

Mark Hunt is an actual for real fat dude.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Memento posted:

But so handsome! (Only face)

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Memento posted:

You need to go watch pulp fiction immediately

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Gay Horney posted:

You need to go watch pulp fiction immediately

Actually, Mark Hunt is the one that throws dudes off balconies, not the other way around.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Mark Hunt isn't loving fat.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

I've never seen GSP fight.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Ratios and Tendency posted:

his second koschek fight will give you the best idea what he was all about

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Watch all the Hughes fights and all the Serra fights. It gives you an idea how GSP might get beat (twice) but that he also has no unavenged losses in MMA.

Ignore the sack of corn in the river labeled, "Hendricks." GSP won that fight by a hair.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Jokes.jpg, I think

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

:same:

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
While on TRT, theyre all true.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

That screenshot gets reposted every now and then and "NO KNOWN WEAKNESSES" makes me laugh every time, like it's a Marvel character bio for a really badass new xmen villain from the 90s who never caught on

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Bluedeanie posted:

a really badass new xmen villain from the 90s who never caught on

that literally describes vitor belfort so that checks out too

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Vulnerable to foot based attacks
Possibly a cogent human shaped steroid
May actually believe himself a lion and a dinosaur and every eagle

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Someone do the thing where his head and traps look like a smaller man inside a larger flesh mech

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

They'd never seen him fight more than a few minutes, so that's a reasonable thing to say.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
In an unsurprising twist Kevin Lee lied on all his pre-fight forms about the staph infection - he knew he had staph, his coaches knew, he was on meds for the staph, but did not tell any of the regulators and the staph was covered with make up.

https://combatsportslaw.com/2017/10/17/kevin-lee-failed-to-disclose-staph-infection-on-nac-questionnaire/

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

That should come with some purse forfeiture, imo, and maybe some criminal penalties. Rogan called it out right away, too.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

MRSA can straight up kill a healthy person. It's what made it to where my father lives with me and it shocks me daily how brutal it worked on him.

If you have a staph infection that visible, you aren't far from getting antibiotics shot straight into your chest. gently caress.

What would the even fall under, criminally speaking?

mewse
May 2, 2006

The Pee Man Cometh

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

You guys thing muscle is fat? I got sad news for you...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I doubt there's any criminal aspect of it you can assign to hiding and fighting with staph even if it's gross misconduct, reckless endangerment of a person's health and morally bankrupt.

If I were the UFC, I'd cut him in a heart beat though. That poo poo is no joke.

• Locked thread