Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TJChap2840
Sep 24, 2009

DarkDobe posted:

Fortnite exists?

I lot of people won’t give Fortnite a try just because of its graphics, which is a shame.

The gun play isn’t realistic at all but it’s still good.

Also, I’ve come across one major bug in almost 200 games while I get multiple bugs in one PUBG game so that’s a plus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Turns out Jet Aircraft are above the Threshold of discomfort... Looks like it's working as intended. Oh, and a buggy, which are as loud as chain saws are right up there.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
It's a shame that the stats aren't tracking temporarily because this game is finally clicking and now I get several kills per game rather than months and months of zero :smug:

this is also prolly because I bought a huge mousepad, though

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

VulgarandStupid posted:

Turns out Jet Aircraft are above the Threshold of discomfort... Looks like it's working as intended. Oh, and a buggy, which are as loud as chain saws are right up there.

22 Eargesplitten fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Oct 17, 2017

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

Pattonesque posted:

It's a shame that the stats aren't tracking temporarily because this game is finally clicking and now I get several kills per game rather than months and months of zero :smug:

this is also prolly because I bought a huge mousepad, though

It's probably because the ranking system is disabled so you're playing against the dregs.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

TJChap2840 posted:

I lot of people won’t give Fortnite a try just because of its graphics, which is a shame.

A lot of people won't give Fortnite a try because all of their idiot friends are obsessed with this game so if they want to play games with them then a lot of people have to do what they have to do :mad:

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!

Macaluso posted:

A lot of people won't give Fortnite a try because all of their idiot friends are obsessed with this game so if they want to play games with them then a lot of people have to do what they have to do :mad:

I gave Fortnite a try and learned the bullets do not go where I aim but rather in the general direction of where I aimed. Then I stopped because gently caress that noise.

TJChap2840
Sep 24, 2009

WirelessPillow posted:

I gave Fortnite a try and learned the bullets do not go where I aim but rather in the general direction of where I aimed. Then I stopped because gently caress that noise.

Ya. That’s a totally valid complaint. I get frustrated with it as well, but it’s a minor complaint from me.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Every time i click play and try to queue, it says matching, then after about 30 seconds just says matching canceled and I can't get into a game. Anyone else having this issue and/or know a fix? I tried restarting the game and refreshing the UI.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Seriously though fortnite looks too stupid to play, and I played the hell out of tf2

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Cartoony games with crafting may be someone's cup of tea, just not mine.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

I tried Fortnite BR, and won 10/10 games. It wasn't very challenging.

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

Don't I wish.

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

Hey guys is snow quiet or loud ?

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

abigserve posted:

It's probably because the ranking system is disabled so you're playing against the dregs.

AW AWWW

also 'cause I'm playing with goons now. It's been fun learning from some of the better players here!

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?

Hooplah posted:

Every time i click play and try to queue, it says matching, then after about 30 seconds just says matching canceled and I can't get into a game. Anyone else having this issue and/or know a fix? I tried restarting the game and refreshing the UI.

Same. I've been able to get into a grand total of like two games today.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

When there's a big gunfight with sustained gunfire in a house I can't hear footsteps outside. I have to turn the speakers up crazy loud to hear the footsteps and now I have hearing damage. Thanks Bluehole. :(

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

ChesterJT posted:

When there's a big gunfight with sustained gunfire in a house I can't hear footsteps outside. I have to turn the speakers up crazy loud to hear the footsteps and now I have hearing damage. Thanks Bluehole. :(

why would bluehole make ear hurting juice aND WHY can't i stop drinking it?? owww oof my ears hurt gently caress you bluehole!!!

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Zo posted:

why would bluehole make ear hurting juice aND WHY can't i stop drinking it?? owww oof my ears hurt gently caress you bluehole!!!

DONT TOUCH HIS EARS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9y0tx8ZB5gQ

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
Has anyone bothered to write up some duo or squad tactics beyond identifying target positions and other basic stuff? I would be interested in reading that as long as it doesn't come from someone who exclusively plays 3rd person.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

Have you heard of Sun Tzu? He used to be a popular streamer back in the day... a real OG

anyways, he wrote this book "The Art Of War", check that poo poo out :discourse:

Molchane
Dec 13, 2014
sun tzu strategies dont work in easy mode, he asked for not third person advice

Astarath
Jun 23, 2008

Could I see a Hat Wobble?
bug report: jumped off a two story building onto asphalt and my legs DIDN'T shatter. instead what broke was my immersion. please fix.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Hooplah posted:

this kind of happens to me every time after I play a game, it will say "failed to match or matching canceled" or some dumb poo poo then I'll try to click ready and it won't let me click at all and then I magically end up in a match a couple minutes later without hitting anything its weird.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Please don't get man ears unless you want to live the rest of your life with the inability to use in-ear plugs

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Doorknob Slobber posted:

this kind of happens to me every time after I play a game, it will say "failed to match or matching canceled" or some dumb poo poo then I'll try to click ready and it won't let me click at all and then I magically end up in a match a couple minutes later without hitting anything its weird.

Yep, seems like this is happening generally. Saw chocotaco was having the same issue on his stream. Basically just keep mashing that play button, I guess :shrug:

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6i1y13GjN1M

PUBG uses almost entirely stock UE4 assets... I didn't realize it was this bad. Also, holy gently caress is this cell phone game better optimized than PUBG.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

I want the China green hulk blood

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

You guys whined so much about the server selection defaulting to Asia. Now that its back on NA default, they Asians are accidentally joining NA and overloading our servers. Thanks guys, thanks for whining.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

VulgarandStupid posted:

You guys whined so much about the server selection defaulting to Asia. Now that its back on NA default, they Asians are accidentally joining NA and overloading our servers. Thanks guys, thanks for whining.

it's only defaulting to NA if you live in NA

they either use ip geolocation or ping to select the default server now

605-475-6968
Apr 10, 2010

Mauser posted:

Has anyone bothered to write up some duo or squad tactics beyond identifying target positions and other basic stuff? I would be interested in reading that as long as it doesn't come from someone who exclusively plays 3rd person.

Here is a diagram which I will briefly explain, in the scenario it is a top 20 in Duos. The zone is going to end on murder hill and you need to push up it. Instead of assaulting head on, one person needs to establish a base of fire and try to suppress the enemy while the other counter part (pictured right) assaults through. Unless you need loot, do not loot the killed enemy players. Then execute the next step pictured, I call this formation the "wagon wheel" where you can clear your flank and approach from the flat and seize the highground if possible.

Some miscellaneous tips

-Assaulting directly up hill is suicide, if you are left with no other choice bound from cover to cover; someone establishes a base of fire while the other flanks.
-If both you and your buddy have kicked the poo poo out of the enemy and they are forced to heal execute the pincer maneuver where both you and your buddy flank the opposing enemy.
-If you need to attack a house or building, the longer you wait outside (if the enemy hears you) to assault the higher chance you'll catch the enemy tripping themselves out or getting oddly complacent. Wait 30-45 seconds before assaulting.
-Having the high ground is critical in first person
-If you're in a top ten situation getting your buddy up is basically suicide if you're in a forest, someone heard your shots and will more likely than not kill you while you're getting your buddy up.
-Turn your DPI down.
-In the final 6 (including you) let the onesies and twosies fight it out and mop up the mess, concealing your position in the end game is key avoid firing even with suppressed weapons.
-If you think your rear is clear it probably isnt and someone is wagon wheeling like listed above; only time your rear is clear is if your back is on the circle near the final zones.
-If you play with a group of players normally start to establish nicknames for buildings.
-If cover permits it, your hurt, low on meds, ammo or not confident in a fight break contact.

Will make more diagrams if there is interest.

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.
Why should DPI be turned down?

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Because it's too high.

*duck*

beneatsfood
Feb 19, 2008

cosmicjim posted:

Why should DPI be turned down?

Aiming while making minor corrections to follow up shots is easier & more effective with a lower DPI. If you have the desk space for a big mouse pad, I'd go for that too.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

ChesterJT posted:

You wouldn't be able to hear anything after sustained AR fire inside of a house anyway. Where's the permanent hearing damage? I need my inane realism.

For real though, guns are loud as gently caress when fired indoors. Rifles especially so. Someone firing an AR15 next to you at an indoor range can be somewhat annoying through 2 layers of ear protection. It can be legit brutal if they're an rear end in a top hat and have a muzzle brake on.

fknlo fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Oct 19, 2017

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
You don't just hear it, you feel each shot through your whole body as the shockwave passes, like someone slapping you on your chest but on your whole body. It's singularly unpleasant to be near a rifle at an indoor range.

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.

beneatsfood posted:

Aiming while making minor corrections to follow up shots is easier & more effective with a lower DPI. If you have the desk space for a big mouse pad, I'd go for that too.

Are you confusing dpi with sensitivity?

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

I play on 400 dpi.

Astarath
Jun 23, 2008

Could I see a Hat Wobble?
No. They work in similar ways but not exactly the same. Your DPI is the number of "steps" you take per real life inch of mouse movement. Your sensitivity is the size of those steps. So if you had retardedly low DPI and retardedly high sensitivity you'd begin to see your cursor literally skip pixels as it moves across the screen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
I play with 1760 DPI @ 70 mouse speed in the settings, the trick is to use that speed and momentum to aim and shoot the bad guys

• Locked thread