Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deep dish peat moss

alnilam posted:

vaguely recalling the movie Stay Tuned

I'm going to have to watch this, lately I've been obsessed with the idea of Hell portrayed as a late 70s/early 80s gameshow or soap opera, with hazy lighting and that sort of vaseline fog over everything so that shiny things turn into bright little stars, like everything is superficially shiny on the surface which hides the dirt and filth beneath. And all the people, despite whatever subtly terrifying things are happening just barely off-screen or in the background, are dry and mundane and have no personalities beyond focusing on the show, like they're all scripted. When you finally finish the show and step backstage and go through the dressing room door, you find yourself instead walking onto the stage of another gameshow and starting all over again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ride The Gravitron

by FactsAreUseless
me straining to reach over a cliff to save some one who's dangling and about to fall: take my hand!

Her: I have a boyfriend!

Ride The Gravitron fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Oct 10, 2017

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood

deep dish peat moss posted:

I'm going to have to watch this, lately I've been obsessed with the idea of Hell portrayed as a late 70s/early 80s gameshow or soap opera, with hazy lighting and that sort of vaseline fog over everything so that shiny things turn into bright little stars, like everything is superficially shiny on the surface which hides the dirt and filth beneath. And all the people, despite whatever subtly terrifying things are happening just barely off-screen or in the background, are dry and mundane and have no personalities beyond focusing on the show, like they're all scripted. When you finally finish the show and step backstage and go through the dressing room door, you find yourself instead walking onto the stage of another gameshow and starting all over again.

didn't a goon just buy the set from a 1970s gameshow

that would make a great short video, like you're interviewed by satan & going through the details of the worst poo poo from your life in front of an audience, only to finally finish & have to start all over again.

goon project? goon project.

crimes

got any sevens

by Cyrano4747
grover's hell set. things break, but are they supposed to?

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Twenty Four

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

didn't a goon just buy the set from a 1970s gameshow

Do you know the thread URL? Sounds like it would make for some cool pictures and an at least somewhat interesting story.

Like how do you come across that? And what do you do with it? The answers are probably "bought it at an auction" and "put it in my garage" but hey who knows?

Robot Made of Meat

Twenty Four posted:

Do you know the thread URL? Sounds like it would make for some cool pictures and an at least somewhat interesting story.

Like how do you come across that? And what do you do with it? The answers are probably "bought it at an auction" and "put it in my garage" but hey who knows?

I don't have search, but I think it was in GBS.

And pretty much yeah, those are the answers. It was a show I'd never heard of, and the set involved a lot of proprietary electronics.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

got any sevens

by Cyrano4747

Sprue posted:

Educational Occupation Videos, by Dogs for Dogs.

Hi, my name is Tesstesstess or Tess for short. I'm here today to talk to you about the duties and responsibilities of an agricultural assistance dog. The first thing I'd like to cover in todays lesson is chicken poop. There are basically two different kinds of chicken poop. The first comes out as a liquid, it's properly referred to as liquid poop. The most important thing to know about liquid poop is that you must be discreet when cleaning it up as it is considered inappropriate to do so in front of your human manager, although they will be equally upset if they find you did not properly clean it up and there is residue left inside vehicles, on your paws, on your muzzle, etc.
Second kind of chicken poop is actually also liquid, but encased in a shell. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD YOU BREAK THE SHELL! This shelled poop is considered the primary responsibility of your manager and they will thoroughly remove all shelled poops from about the pen and shelter. Your duty in assisting your manager in this task is to clean up any shelled poops that are broken during the removal process.

Important note: take extreme care in cleaning liquid poop directly from chicken, their skin is incredibly fragile and breaking it can lead to repercussions up to and including termination from job.

Pilot training:
-do not stick head out window
-do not walk up and down the aisle sniffing every passenger
-do not lick yourself during takeoff and landing
-do not steer the plane chasing birds

----------------

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood

Robot Made of Meat posted:

I don't have search, but I think it was in GBS.

And pretty much yeah, those are the answers. It was a show I'd never heard of, and the set involved a lot of proprietary electronics.

IIRC it wasn't gbs, either PYF or creative convention.

crimes

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood
oh. i DO have search. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3825791&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post474359023

crimes

Starman Super DX

This title text is surprisingly sturdy.
I thought it was the Merv Griffin Show just like in the Seinfeld episode but I wasn't sure. Goons can do some amazing things

Tell me more!
btw ty Birdcon for the sweet spring sig

vanisher

Your rear end in a top hat pet has secretly mastered speech and the first thing they say is

"Its pronounced dahg"

vanisher

Unorthodox lawn care tips from seasoned pros

got any sevens

by Cyrano4747

vanisher posted:

----------------

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood

vanisher posted:

oh i'm seasoned all right. seasoned like a kitchen playset left behind a rusting truck, in a brownfield.

crimes

Sprue

please send nudes :shittydog:
:petdog:
30 something childless man and woman making pizza together in the kitchen man turns to woman and says "hey did you hear the joke about pizza? nevermind it'sTOO CHEESY" and groans. woman puts a hand on man's back as he looks back at her with sorrowful eyes. later as they're setting the table man is obviously fighting something internally, eventually blurts out uncomfortably loud "oh i can't forget the pickles. they're kind of a BIG DILL" and collapses into a chair with his head between his hands. he says "i'm sorry... i know it's not the right time to have children, it's just... it's just i can... i can feel my biological clock ticking away and.... i want to have children so badly and, and, i'm not sure how many dad jokes i have left in me... i just can't keep them in any longer" and surrenders to body shaking sobs

Cubone

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
YOSPOS posts from the world of one hour police procedurals

I overclocked my rig for up to three keyboard inputs- more bandwidth than I know what to do with

somebody from accounting called in a complaint that her enhancement software is glitched. checked the name- same woman that poured soda on her keyboard last week. I already told her the mobo was totally fried and I had to tank the serifs. politely asked if she remembered to spike the parameters, twenty minutes later finally realized she doesn't know even know how :cripes:

alnilam

Sprue posted:

30 something childless man and woman making pizza together in the kitchen man turns to woman and says "hey did you hear the joke about pizza? nevermind it'sTOO CHEESY" and groans. woman puts a hand on man's back as he looks back at her with sorrowful eyes. later as they're setting the table man is obviously fighting something internally, eventually blurts out uncomfortably loud "oh i can't forget the pickles. they're kind of a BIG DILL" and collapses into a chair with his head between his hands. he says "i'm sorry... i know it's not the right time to have children, it's just... it's just i can... i can feel my biological clock ticking away and.... i want to have children so badly and, and, i'm not sure how many dad jokes i have left in me... i just can't keep them in any longer" and surrenders to body shaking sobs

kalel

Cubone posted:

YOSPOS posts from the world of one hour police procedurals

I overclocked my rig for up to three keyboard inputs- more bandwidth than I know what to do with

somebody from accounting called in a complaint that her enhancement software is glitched. checked the name- same woman that poured soda on her keyboard last week. I already told her the mobo was totally fried and I had to tank the serifs. politely asked if she remembered to spike the parameters, twenty minutes later finally realized she doesn't know even know how :cripes:

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle
Gloves, blow torch, "$" sack, How to Rob Banks by Hiram "The Fingers" Mursky, fake gun. I exhale and look into the mirror.

"It's go time," I say as I press a fake mustache on top of my goatee.

DavidAlltheTime

All David...all the TIME!
Slogans for a cauliflower themed restaurant:

"Nature's Broccoli!"
"Have a white night!"
"White dreams..."
"Time to Fart!"

Starman Super DX

This title text is surprisingly sturdy.
If Goku's Nimbus cloud could talk, what would it say?

"Goku, please stop farting on me."

Tell me more!
btw ty Birdcon for the sweet spring sig

sebmojo

Legit Cyberpunk

DavidAlltheTime posted:

Slogans for a cauliflower themed restaurant:

"Nature's Broccoli!"
"Have a white night!"
"White dreams..."
"Time to Fart!"

got any sevens

by Cyrano4747
your vegan g/f's delight

----------------

AverySpecialfriend

by Hand Knit
the owner of a poop themed restaurant, sitting in a dim back office late at night, looking at the books, hand in head, sighing

----------------

got any sevens

by Cyrano4747

AverySpecialfriend posted:

the owner of a poop themed restaurant, sitting in a dim back office late at night, looking at the books, hand in head, sighing

this restaurant is going down the, you know...

----------------

Ride The Gravitron

by FactsAreUseless
The only dessert on the menu is soft served chocolate ice cream

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle
We're elderly aristocrats trying to blend in:

"Ohh, they have bordellos on the line now. Tres bien."

"Would you be a dear and fetch my guilded posting wand?"

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle
Being honest about things you don't need to be honest about

1. If we were marines and you got blown up, I wouldn't go back for your body.
2. When people use "devolve" to mean "degrade" I mentally say "degrade." I don't look down on thme, but I do do it.
3. Given an opportunity, I'd probably eat people if it was ethically sourced.
4. On April 3rd 2014, I told my then girlfriend that I had never had a dish, which I had not only had before but could make better myself.
5. I have never approved of your hats. I will never give up my own hats.
6. I'd say about 1/5 of the time, I'm just humming punk songs in my head. Doesn't matter what occasion.

Manifisto

ShinyBirdTeeth posted:

Being honest about things you don't need to be honest about

1. If we were marines and you got blown up, I wouldn't go back for your body.
2. When people use "devolve" to mean "degrade" I mentally say "degrade." I don't look down on thme, but I do do it.
3. Given an opportunity, I'd probably eat people if it was ethically sourced.
4. On April 3rd 2014, I told my then girlfriend that I had never had a dish, which I had not only had before but could make better myself.
5. I have never approved of your hats. I will never give up my own hats.
6. I'd say about 1/5 of the time, I'm just humming punk songs in my head. Doesn't matter what occasion.

7. browser incognito mode is insulting to the other people who use this computer

canyoneer

I only have canyoneyes for you
Inspired by a thread in TFR

The end of the world is upon us, and in the Mad Max wasteland we are all scavengers. The only order remaining is the HOAs populated by busybodies, who continue to enforce petty rules.

"Janice was out for an early morning walk with her warhounds and told me that the heads on pikes and spears in our yard violate the bylaws, and that yards need to either have heads on pikes or heads on spears, but cannot mix and match pikes and spears"

"The Architecture Committee denied my permit for the new pillboxes, because they say that they are too close together and the flat roof design clashes with the aesthetic of the rest of the compound"

"I have to cover militia duty for Rodney, because he's leading a raiding party that day to find hot dogs for the 14th annual summer splash bbq on Saturday"

Cubone

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
we named this beer Cool Cocksucker because it goes down smooth

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle

Cubone posted:

we named this beer Cool Cocksucker because it goes down smooth

Crisp, refreshing lager made with pure water drawn by hand from the Skunkweed Reservoir.

AverySpecialfriend

by Hand Knit
sipping a lukewarm Cold Cocksucker on a hot summer day

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Headline:

Cold Cocksucker product spokesman cold-cocked by a cockeyed coxswain with a petcock for saying the word "heck".

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

the unabonger
i got no mans sky recently asnd have been waiting on this one for a long time, letting it age to perfection:

whose mans sky is this?

alnilam

know man's guy

Macnult

Arrakis but it’s a giant pumpkin

alnilam

*hits a bong* arrakis, but the whole planet is but one grain of sand on a larger arrakis :prepop:

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
He who controls the Pumpkin Spice, controls the universe!

-Baron Vladimir Harkonen, after taking a sip from a pumpkin spice latte

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the unabonger
Dune: 42069 AG