Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Scrublord Prime posted:

Speaking of dual elemental weapons there's a Fire & Dark elemental dagger from the Halloween event for you Nyx users! :v:

A thread on reddit has images as sources. Here's the Halloween event image (one is summoning Titan and Lakshmi for MAG+30%, if you haven't already do story to unlock them!), and the Units awakening image if you haven't seen it already.

Hannibal Lector's muzzle as event gear is cool but not giving a Man Eater passive is such a missed opportunity.

e: Unless that's what Destruction does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
Illusionist Nichol is probably going to be the next Ling. I.E. the unit mentioned in guides for months that people will be really mad about not having gotten when they had the chance. Please, please pull for Illusionist Nichol. Don't be that guy without Ling. (like me.)

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Dana Crysalis posted:

Illusionist Nichol is probably going to be the next Ling. I.E. the unit mentioned in guides for months that people will be really mad about not having gotten when they had the chance. Please, please pull for Illusionist Nichol. Don't be that guy without Ling. (like me.)
eeeeeh i dunno if he's gonna be that amazing; his other abilities are still unknown.
Either way, this is going to be 9s/tilith all over again since he's sharing the banner with pirate jake.
on the plus side, unlike those banners, the other 4* has a great TM so you dont lose out if you get the other guy.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
So hype for Jake’s ring on my max LB Veritas of the Earth. :getin:

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Pirate Jake is worth getting at least, if not just for RELEASE THE KRAKEN

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Isn't that RELEASE THE KARKEN?

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Gotta hope someone caught that by the time it is released.

I'm more hyped for Jake and that ring. I thought we'd get the Bahamut event squeezed in here first so I'd have a little time to build tickets back up, but nope!

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

PaybackJack posted:

I'm more hyped for Jake and that ring. I thought we'd get the Bahamut event squeezed in here first so I'd have a little time to build tickets back up, but nope!

at least this banner is sticking around for 2 weeks, so you got some time to collect some from the upcoming events. no word if the 2nd halloween banner a week later will steal away the daily draw.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

BGrifter posted:

Isn't that RELEASE THE KARKEN?

Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius Global - Release the Karken

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

PaybackJack posted:

Bahamut is a story update, not an event.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

Speaking of which, how long until the next story update?

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Skyridge posted:

Speaking of which, how long until the next story update?

Story stuff is usually end of the month.

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011
I'm betting Ill.Nichol will be the next BC Lid, not the next Ling.

If the previous Halloween units are any indication, the new ones will have skills that are mostly the same as the story units, plus a few wildly different skills especially where the story units don't have 6* forms.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
Everybody who's all excited about Pirate Jake's Ring, are we sure that the "Enables Pirate's Soul" isn't exclusively for Pirate Jake? I mean 20% DEF/SPR is still really good, but yea.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Pulled this guy with my free pull today

Not bad I suppose, but man if only the rainbow could have waited for the Halloween event or the Four Fiends banner.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Japan just got weapon enhancements. Attach up to 3 extra passives per weapon farmed randomly inside a dungeon.

quote:

Abilities

Obtainable Rare Abilities:
(May change every event)

Dagger: 満月の心得 - High Tide (+LB Fill Rate)
Sword: 命攻の刻印Lv.3 - HP/ATK +15%
Rod: W黒魔法 - W-Black Magic
Whip: 術魔の刻印Lv.3 - +15% MAG/MP

Other Obtainable Ablities:

HP/MP/ATK/DEF/MAG/SPR:+1/3/5/7/10/12/15%
Auto-Regen: Lv1-4
Auto-Refresh: Lv1-2
Auto-Protect: Lv1-5
Auto-Shell: Lv1-5

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

HGH posted:

Japan just got weapon enhancements. Attach up to 3 extra passives per weapon farmed randomly inside a dungeon.

This game wasnt already disgaea enough with million hp attack setups and 300% stat boosts so gently caress it, throw the item world in too.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Yep, and when you dive into an equip it'll automatically remove itself from whoever has it on. However, you can only do some at a time. For example the current rotation is Dagger/Sword/Rod/Whip.
I'm interested in how this'll open up avenues for more +Stat gear, because it'll be easier to hit the 300% cap like this.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Tengames posted:

This game wasnt already disgaea enough with million hp attack setups and 300% stat boosts so gently caress it, throw the item world in too.

Cant wait to reincarnate all my basic units into rainbow units.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Cleared out some inactives and can make more room if need be.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

PDQ Law posted:

I'm betting Ill.Nichol will be the next BC Lid, not the next Ling.

If the previous Halloween units are any indication, the new ones will have skills that are mostly the same as the story units, plus a few wildly different skills especially where the story units don't have 6* forms.

Grim Sakura has probably more in common with Sage Sakura than normal Sakura given her grim dual cast mechanic being basically Sage Sakura reskinned

I don't expect her to be as insane as sage Sakura but who knows!

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Grim Sakura has probably more in common with Sage Sakura than normal Sakura given her grim dual cast mechanic being basically Sage Sakura reskinned

I don't expect her to be as insane as sage Sakura but who knows!

It better be something as good considering shes out the same week trance terra and emperor’s enhancements arrive. Anything less then those two will not be seen favorably.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

HGH posted:

Yep, and when you dive into an equip it'll automatically remove itself from whoever has it on. However, you can only do some at a time. For example the current rotation is Dagger/Sword/Rod/Whip.
I'm interested in how this'll open up avenues for more +Stat gear, because it'll be easier to hit the 300% cap like this.

What's the cost to run the dungeon and can you reset the bonuses?

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

Cant wait to reincarnate all my basic units into rainbow units.

Finally I can make Sabin good and worth using!

BearPlayingGuitar
Nov 30, 2011
Hey guys I rolled up an account the other day and would appreciate some friends to help me steamroll through some content!

Started out with a Dark Veritas who is real good and also managed to roll lightning (who is serving alright as filler).

ID is 375,924,305 I'll add myself to the Google doc once I'm back home

So far just trying to roll through the story, should I attempt to at least complete the Ayaka event before it goes away? I've been throwing tickets at her banner in an attempt to get her but I don't expect to. Should I be saving for the Halloween banner?

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Despite all the justified negativity about Lightning, for a new player she's going to be really solid for quite a while. Innate dual wield is a big deal. Dark Veritas will definitely be the cornerstone of your team in time, but don't be in any rush to dump Lightning.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Scrublord Prime posted:

Finally I can make Sabin good and worth using!

I'm 4*'ing my Shadow in anticipation.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

BearPlayingGuitar posted:

Hey guys I rolled up an account the other day and would appreciate some friends to help me steamroll through some content!

Started out with a Dark Veritas who is real good and also managed to roll lightning (who is serving alright as filler).

So far just trying to roll through the story, should I attempt to at least complete the Ayaka event before it goes away? I've been throwing tickets at her banner in an attempt to get her but I don't expect to. Should I be saving for the Halloween banner?

Hmm, that's a good question. Probably get some different opinions on it. I think I might prefer the Halloween banner because those units are limited and right now you don't need to chase any other unit on the Ayaka banner except her. Given your newbie status, having a top tier healer isn't going to be necessary for a while, as there's a ton of content you can steamroll once you get DV up to speed.

Did you manage to pull a Glauca from the Kingsglaive banner? That should probably be your priority if DV is your best unit, you'll really want his TMR and if you pull a Crowe while chasing him, that's not bad either because she's going to be very useful for damage mitigation and buffing DV.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
If I pulled a Dark Veritas and a Lightning I'd probably side-line Lightning just because her stupid attack animation would make it take three times as long to do anything.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

PaybackJack posted:

What's the cost to run the dungeon and can you reset the bonuses?
Raid style orbs. Once you get 3 abilities you'll be prompted to choose and replace one if you get a fourth.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

HGH posted:

Raid style orbs. Once you get 3 abilities you'll be prompted to choose and replace one if you get a fourth.

That sounds great then. How long does it take to run?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
It's a floor by floor thing where you can change friends, loadouts, and get prompted if you want to leave or not every floor.

So basically, probably as long as one of the easier single segments in the story events.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Done. I should have my !00% Evade Fohlen for Glilgamesh, etc, up as soon as this King Mog grinding event is over.

\/\/\/\/\/ Yes, you want a source of Dual Wield to get him to do the things you want. Earth Veritas is a terrific tank. Seabreeze Dark Fina is good if you have a good team of magic users, never underestimate chaining Ultima.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Oct 18, 2017

Jeff Goldblum
Dec 3, 2009

So I’ve been wasting my tickets trying to get a better Kingslame than Legendoofus so I can hoard more hairpins and I got an Orlandeau. He is cool and has a beard and I 6’d the hell out of him ASAP. How do I make him hit twice, is that dual wield?

Also got Orran, Veronica and Earth Veritas, whom i will level on the side because they are apparently good for things. Prishe still gets love for that TMR, but should I still be using Seabreeze Dark Fina for any reason?

Jeff Goldblum fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Oct 18, 2017

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Jeff Goldblum posted:

So I’ve been wasting my tickets trying to get a better Kingslame than Legendoofus so I can hoard more hairpins and I got an Orlandeau. He is cool and has a beard and I 6’d the hell out of him ASAP. How do I make him hit twice, is that dual wield?

Yep, dual wield or Genji Glove.

Ugly John
Jul 18, 2009
[img]https://forums.somethingawful.com/attachment.php?postid=514899866[/img]

Sent you one as well - IGN is Bregor. My VoL (will be back up after event, Nyx now) isn't quite as absurdly geared as some here but will still steamroll everything for a while.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

HGH posted:

It's a floor by floor thing where you can change friends, loadouts, and get prompted if you want to leave or not every floor.

So basically, probably as long as one of the easier single segments in the story events.

I'll probably post about it here once it's out and I run it a bit. Looking forward to buffing up my enhancer for Reagan, and maybe a choco knife if I can luck in to one from my chocobo expeditions.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
So, are we just not having maintenance today? It's been a hell of a long time that we've had maintenance on Wednesday's and then a content update on Friday morning, but it looks like we're probably going to get maintenance/content update both on the same night again.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

It's still on for tonight.

https://twitter.com/FFBE_EN/status/920516887318016000

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Any idea what Trance Terra's enhancements will cost in terms of crysts?

• Locked thread