Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

the truth posted:

I will never beat Champion’s Road. I am weak.

Use Peach. At least get through it once. Don't watch a video of it. It was one of the most satisfying accomplishments in gaming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
How does Champions Road measure up to The Perfect Run or 3d land's equivalent? I managed both of those

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

Sudden Javelin posted:

How does Champions Road measure up to The Perfect Run or 3d land's equivalent? I managed both of those

Probably harder than both tbh.

IIRC Perfect Run is a bit longer, but Champion's Road has some pretty hard sections to re-play every time you die, such as the one with the mind-breaking switch blocks in the first part.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Leakers went and ruined everything:

quote:

"After the leak of Mario & Luigi, done by an influencer, [Nintendo of America] flipped out and changed their review policy. Plenty of outlets and influencers are without [Fire Emblem Warriors] and [Super Mario Odyssey]... Apparently, it will be [sent out] in tiers, but [I'm] not sure how they are set up."

People who only started to review Nintendo games within the last two or so generations have had it easy. They never had to worry about getting a review copy locked inside a GBA locked inside a metal box with the key held by an NOA employee because someone uploaded their review copy of a GBA game to the internet. And that happened more than once.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Dr. VooDoo posted:

They should bring back the Wario World series for the Switch

Anyone else find it weird that Wario and Mario are never in the same game outside of party stuff

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Leakers went and ruined everything:

People who only started to review Nintendo games within the last two or so generations have had it easy. They never had to worry about getting a review copy locked inside a GBA locked inside a metal box with the key held by an NOA employee because someone uploaded their review copy of a GBA game to the internet. And that happened more than once.

Anything to hasten the death of influencers is a-ok by me

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

Kawabata posted:

not just to get the stamps, to unlock an entire world too

No? You can unlock and play all the levels even if you never switch characters. The only thing you get for replaying everywhere with everyone is some stamps and a star on your save file.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Sudden Javelin posted:

i've beaten both games 100% (well, 3d world i didn't get all the stamps but i got all stars and beat all levels)

i don't really remember anything about the final level in 3d land

champions road is one of the hardest official mario levels i can remember playing in my lifetime

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

enojy posted:

Use Peach. At least get through it once. Don't watch a video of it. It was one of the most satisfying accomplishments in gaming.

I tried so hard to beat it once and never managed to do it. I got even more upset after hearing I needed to beat all stages with all characters for the dumb crowns.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
It's just unfortunate that the certainty of leaks is one of the biggest reasons we've almost never gotten and likely will never get downloadable public demos of certain games, especially once a system is hacked to a certain threshold.

I know for a lot of people it would have been awesome if we had gotten a BOTW demo last fall to tide us over until release. But I knew if one had been released that would have made the wait even worse since people with the proper know-how would have no doubt dissected the demo for any sort of info about the final game. Which could range from simply music or models stashed away to...well the entire game world, albeit in an unfinished state.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Nope it's because demos hurt sales and Nintendo has nothing to gain by tidyng you over with anything

Blame leakers or whatever but why would any business conglomerate engage in practices that have been proven to have a detrimental effect on volume sold?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Not a snark-post: I must have missed the boat on Rogue Trooper back in the day... it (the redux) looks like a really average C-string release from 2005.

What’s its deal?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Holy poo poo. I don’t know where to even start being snide about all that. I’m just going to back away slowly and act like I didn’t see that.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

enojy posted:

I actually found it easiest with Luigi. However I did do it first with peach so it probably was a biased result.

also

WarpDogs posted:

Anything to hasten the death of influencers is a-ok by me

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Any idea why Amazon is either sold out of or not doing preorders for Resident Evil Revelations? I'd really like to get 20% off, but if I have to buy through Best Buy so be it.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Mister Facetious posted:

This, but actual television too. Scrubs having a ten second intro and no laugh track/studio audience is the reason it's the only good comedy show since television began.

A couple pages back but Christ

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Hahaha yeah I like scrubs and all but calling it funny is a huuuuuge stretch

E: oh he called it a good comedy, not funny but my point stands

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

XyrlocShammypants posted:

They went minimalist everything as a consequence of hardware limitations. Texture, music, dungeons, voice acting, probably everything was brilliantly reduced to a great game big still reduced nonetheless. Hard to say if they didn’t have ambitions they couldn’t meet or not but my guess it absolutely

It perfectly explains why shrines are so samey or many elements of traditional rpgs absent.

It was a Wii U game that got ported so lol ok sure.

The Switch has limits but all I can do reading this post is roll my eyes. See: Doom4 on Switch

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

Anyone else find it weird that Wario and Mario are never in the same game outside of party stuff

isn't wario the final boss of super mario land 2: six golden coins

Spring Heeled Jack
Feb 25, 2007

If you can read this you can read

Internet Kraken posted:

Super Mario Land 2!

Edit: Drat!

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Zelder posted:

A couple pages back but Christ

If you have to be told when to laugh, the show you're watching isn't actually funny.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Mister Facetious posted:

If you have to be told when to laugh, the show you're watching isn't actually funny.

what does this have to do with anything? it doesn't prove that scrubs is a good comedy show, it just argues that shows with laugh tracks (usually) are even worse than scrubs when it comes to being "funny"

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Why is this a topic

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
SMO has a laugh track. It's controversial.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Waltzing Along posted:

Mario Party would be the best game if it had one, just for the arbitrary turns of fortune in that series.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Waltzing Along posted:

i sincerely want a wario / waluigi narration / director's commentary voiceover option

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?
Mario Odyssey better have the SUPERIOR JAPANESE VOICE PACK available. If the game doesn’t boot with “Ore wa Mario. Ikuze!” it’s trash.

E: I guess FE Warriors has day-1 Japanese language pack DLC.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Weapon Shop de Omasse on the 3DS has a laugh track and it rules

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Millions posted:

Thank goodness. The trailers alone were making DQ Heroes' dubbing efforts look positively Shakespearean.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Millions posted:

Mario Odyssey better have the SUPERIOR JAPANESE VOICE PACK available. If the game doesn’t boot with “Ore wa Mario. Ikuze!” it’s trash.

Better be safe and import it like me.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I hosed up and played the Mario Odyssey demo at Best Buy. Now the next 10 days or so are gonna drag by.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
The Bridge is on sale and it looked cool so I bought it

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Scrubschat is really dumb, but it made me realize laugh tracks in games would be hilarious.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

The Bloop posted:

The Bridge is on sale and it looked cool so I bought it

i enjoyed this game but found some of the solutions to be a bit finicky; once i had figured out what i needed to do, making it happen felt just as difficult.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Mystical Ninja Starting Goemon had a laugh track. Game ruled.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I know Rogue Trooper is old but it certainly didn't predate the reload button wtf

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Sudden Javelin posted:

It’s definitely harder. Those are easy in comparison.

The hardest official Mario levels are the highest difficulty DLC pack stages in New Super Mario Bros. 2. Some of them are absurd to beat without the white p wing.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Mister Facetious posted:

there are a million amazing comedies without a laugh track and I'm sorry that your brain assumed I was defending laugh tracks

I don't know what happened to you that scrubs is the height of comedy, I just pray it never happens to anyone else

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
When I am playing the Nintendo Switch, I am my own laugh track.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Mega64 posted:

When I am playing the Nintendo Switch, I am my own laugh track.

I sync up my hilarious peals of joyous laughter re: playing botw perfectly with any given episode of the IT Crowd. It's a real (roof top) party pleaser

• Locked thread