Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

I though the Guerrilla quests were basically permanently available until you finish them? So even if you skip say today's Party/Guerillas, if you tried them on the last day you'd still have to go through day 1's quests before you got to day 14's.

Unless you are implying that a given Guerilla/Party quest will change its enemies/contents as the days go on in the event?

You can do the party quests in any order you like once they're available so I assume the same will be true of the guerrilla quests. They just appear as multiple quests in the location menu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

NRVNQSR posted:

You can do the party quests in any order you like once they're available so I assume the same will be true of the guerrilla quests. They just appear as multiple quests in the location menu.
I thought the whole thing with party/guerilla quests was that they were a one-and-done sort of thing that appeared every day. So even if you could pick from a list, once you finished one of the "better" variants from later on down the line you'd still be just as well off as if you waited until then.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

I thought the whole thing with party/guerilla quests was that they were a one-and-done sort of thing that appeared every day. So even if you could pick from a list, once you finished one of the "better" variants from later on down the line you'd still be just as well off as if you waited until then.

Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean. Party and guerrilla quests appear at odd times but otherwise they're just ordinary non-repeatable quests. They don't chain into each other and you don't have to beat the ones that appear earlier in order to access the ones that appear later. You can choose as many or as few as you want of them to complete before the event ends, in any order. So there shouldn't be anything stopping you from never doing the guerrilla quests with Hassan and spending that AP on free quests instead.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

NRVNQSR posted:

Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean. Party and guerrilla quests appear at odd times but otherwise they're just ordinary non-repeatable quests. They don't chain into each other and you don't have to beat the ones that appear earlier in order to access the ones that appear later. You can choose as many or as few as you want of them to complete before the event ends, in any order. So there shouldn't be anything stopping you from never doing the guerrilla quests with Hassan and spending that AP on free quests instead.
I just wasn't understanding why one would want to sit on any of them, unless the idea is that you could just spend that AP on the 30/40 AP Free Quests instead.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

I just wasn't understanding why one would want to sit on any of them, unless the idea is that you could just spend that AP on the 30/40 AP Free Quests instead.

Exactly that; even with just a single friend petit devil it seems like the 40AP free quest might be better value.

The later guerrilla quests can drop better materials so hopefully they won't have the same problem.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
After using 4 tickets last night I convinced myself to use the remaining 6 today because maybe I'd get NP2 for Carmilla or my first gold Berserker. I opened up the app and noticed I had 69 summon notifications and I was like "bet that's lucky" so I went into discord and rubbed my buddy Ibram for gacha luck and my very first ticket was Tamamo.
That's 5 more tickets to use on Scathach.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I hate you Dis.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'm glad I can spread the love of my luck to my friends.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

DisDisDis posted:

After using 4 tickets last night I convinced myself to use the remaining 6 today because maybe I'd get NP2 for Carmilla or my first gold Berserker. I opened up the app and noticed I had 69 summon notifications and I was like "bet that's lucky" so I went into discord and rubbed my buddy Ibram for gacha luck and my very first ticket was Tamamo.
That's 5 more tickets to use on Scathach.

I can't believe i have to kill my secret santa recipient. :toughguy:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Well I'm just throwing 1 quartz roll at a time since I don't really care about any 4 stars.

Finally got a Lancer Cu at least....?

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
Ok so I'm thinking Vlad/Tamamo/Waver.

What's my best team please? ( CEs are Kaleidos, Formalcrafts and some other stuff.)

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Vlad/Tamamo/Waver would certainly be a destructive powerhouse.

Jeanne/Tamamo/Waver Never Die, Always Win, 100+ turns.

Orion or Euryale/Tamamo/Waver To quote Tamamo "First strike the crotch! Next, REALLY strike the crotch! Repentance through crotch violence!"

Basically team Tamamo and Waver up with someone with a damaging Arts NP and you're good.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
So far, my team of Waver/Vlad/Emiya is owning the game.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Thank you! I'm really bad at team building in games.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Nate RFB posted:

I believe the only event item dropped by party quests is bats, so you could let them sit until you have bought all the Maid in Halloween CEs to maximise your bat drops.

Both guerilla quests I've done so far have dropped three pumpkins on top of the one for completion, so they seem worth doing to me!

Suaimhneas fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Oct 18, 2017

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
20 more rolls got me 2 more event 5* CEs so I have 3 of them now.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

My rolls weren't that good but I did get one that had five golds in it, and my third Vlad :toot: His NP murders bosses now.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Taciturn Tactician posted:

My rolls weren't that good but I did get one that had five golds in it, and my third Vlad :toot: His NP murders bosses now.

That's pretty great. Vlad is one of my favourites so I'm kinda jealous.

Also does anyone know the chef ok_hand emote? I can't find it :D

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Which stage drops pumpkins again

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

Also does anyone know the chef ok_hand emote? I can't find it :D

:discourse:

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Thanks a bunch :)

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

Tired Moritz posted:

Which stage drops pumpkins again

the 40 AP free quest does, but not nearly as consistently as you'd hope for

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Behold! The majestic Lancer:

https://twitter.com/kuma_chin_/status/919842506124140547

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/kuma_chin_/status/919842869694754816

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Nature is beautiful.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Motto. Your avatar is awesome.

That's it.

I rolled a second Tamamo.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

Motto. Your avatar is awesome.

That's it.

I rolled a second Tamamo.

Why would you do this.

You're depleting the pool.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Hate-Senpai posted:

Why would you do this.

You're depleting the pool.

Relax. Tamamo isn't a limited servant.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Yeah, she'll get to spook you while you're rolling for Merlin.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
everyone knows of the secret limited amount heroes. that's why I can't get gil/kintoki!! because everyone already got them!! drat whales!!!!!!!!!!

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Argas posted:

Relax. Tamamo isn't a limited servant.

EPIC fat guy vids fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Oct 27, 2017

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Trying to repeat Vlad’s story quest to get the CE drop. 3 apples in. This is bad, don’t do this.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
So which mission do I grind for maximum efficiency

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Threw in a few quartz, got a Tamamo Cat

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

U-DO Burger posted:

Threw in a few quartz, got a Tamamo Cat

Getting the better one isn't too bad

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

:toot:

Now to decide whether I should get Gil to max ascension or Vlad to third ascension next.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

How do I get playboy bunny Cu in the actual game

e: https://twitter.com/fms_s_e_m/status/919547808423714818

DisDisDis fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Oct 18, 2017

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Suaimhneas posted:

Both guerilla quests I've done so far have dropped three pumpkins on top of the one for completion, so they seem worth doing to me!

Yeah, now that there's more data from more people running it the rates are looking a lot better; it's probably a little better than the 40AP free quest for pumpkins.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

NRVNQSR posted:

Yeah, now that there's more data from more people running it the rates are looking a lot better; it's probably a little better than the 40AP free quest for pumpkins.

I should hope so, given they're one time quests each.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Pureauthor posted:

I should hope so, given they're one time quests each.

Well, that doesn't necessarily follow. The current guerrilla quests are a lot easier than the 40AP free quest so they might have been intended as a way for lower level players to get enough pumpkins for Liz at a worse drop rate.