Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

lotus circle posted:

Explain the pun, it's lost on me.

A Rubicon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

lotus circle posted:

Explain the pun, it's lost on me.

Moon Slayer posted:

Episode was awesome but I still can't get over how great of a pun the title of it was. "Aruba-Con" --> A Rubicon.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crossing_the_Rubicon

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Ohh poo poo, thanks. I plan to show this episode to my boyfriend because he's a huge lover of Roman history and Caesar. I wonder if he'll notice this.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Xarn posted:

I just wanna say that since Season 2, this is the best show. :v:

For me, the shift from "This is so stupid..." to "This is so stupid!" happened when Jonah Hex shows up justifiably angry at Rip, Stein cures H. G. Wells' tuberculosis, and the Legends kidnap their younger selves from the timeline to prevent the The Pilgrim from killing them. About two thirds of the way through the first season.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Does anyone have a screen cap of the Roman America map? That's kind of a neat idea.

Also I forgot how ripped Caity Lotz is. Can great cheese on those abs!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Fun fact, the pirate crucifying thing was totally a real story. Although one slight difference is that they originally were going to ransom him off for a lesser amount but he convinced them to up it.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

muscles like this! posted:

Fun fact, the pirate crucifying thing was totally a real story. Although one slight difference is that they originally were going to ransom him off for a lesser amount but he convinced them to up it.

His enemies also spread a rumor that he slept with them

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yeah, when he was younger his opponents gave him the nickname "Queen Caesar" because he supposedly had a relationship with a foreign king when he was serving in that country.

KTS
Jun 22, 2004

I wax my rocket every day!
I got excited that they brought another Spartacus alum onto a DC show, we need Weather Wizard to show up for some reason to fight Caesar in a future episode

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
The Arrowverse still needs Gannnicus and Doctore.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm not 100% sure but I think Amaya's powers were powers her sister had on the Vixen web series. Maybe. All I can really remember from that was that Vixen's totem is just one of a set and when they're all together and on their native land they're way more powerful as they were intended to protect it.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Ooh! Are we messing with Adora?

I'm rewatching Season 2 with a friend and they go straight in on the crazy. It's wonderful!

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

twistedmentat posted:

Does anyone have a screen cap of the Roman America map? That's kind of a neat idea.

Also I forgot how ripped Caity Lotz is. Can great cheese on those abs!

Wiki says she's a practitioner in martial arts and parkour so not surprised.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Caity Lotz is what happens when you hire actors who can actually enact a fight scene without having to quick cut every millisecond.

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time
That's pretty much what I was thinking throughout that episode. Her fighting scenes are great, well choreographed and not cut to a stuntwoman mid-movement. She also has the physique to pull it off in a believable way.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
Iirc caity was a class A professional back up dancer as well. Lady really pushes her body to its limits

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Legit martial artist as well, I believe. Does taekwondo, krav maga, muay Thai and more.

Who are the best legit fighters in the Arrowverse cast? I think David Ramsey has a bunch of black belts in various things.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

I'm almost curious if some casting director got Simon Merrells cast as Caesar as some kind of joke.

Stryder
Oct 3, 2002

GigaPeon posted:

Also has there been a bigger signal of a character dying than "I'll be back in time to see my grandkid be born"?

It's all good, he'll be back in 3 days...

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
Of course less than ten minutes into the episode, Ray has made the aberration even worse.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
It's official: Mick is not the dumbest member of the group. It's Nate.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Xelkelvos posted:

It's official: Mick is not the dumbest member of the group. It's Nate.

No, still Mick.

"I have faith in you"

"Why???"
:laffo:

howe_sam fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Oct 18, 2017

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Why did they keep Gary tied up?

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

You can tell this show has matured because, after two whole episodes, Captain Sara Lance has still not made out with the lady in charge of the time police. That's some unprecedented restraint.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I liked how Wally just took off his mask and showed his identity to a bunch of criminals just so he could talk to Boring Mcsteelman for two seconds.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

nooneofconsequence posted:

Why did they keep Gary tied up?

Honestly, I think they just forgot about him.

Here's hoping Gary is a returning character.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

I liked the in-joke of Stein refusing to get on the Titanic.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

ekeog posted:

You can tell this show has matured because, after two whole episodes, Captain Sara Lance has still not made out with the lady in charge of the time police. That's some unprecedented restraint.

It's got to happen eventually. There's too much tension there.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

there is a 110% chance it will

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

"We made it worse, that's how."

Amaya did nothing wrong. Kill all colonial soldiers :black101:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

ekeog posted:

You're right, she's keeping that option in her back pocket in case they need to bust out of time jail. Veteran savvy from Captain Lance there.

Atarask
Mar 8, 2008

Lord of Rigel Developer

Moon Slayer posted:

Episode was awesome but I still can't get over how great of a pun the title of it was. "Aruba-Con" --> A Rubicon.

The fact I didn't get the obvious pun means I must also be a time idiot. Like Mr. Rory.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

So the circus strongman was wearing B'wana Beast's costume. I demand appearances by Ambush Bug, Brother Power the Geek, and Kid Eternity.

(Yes, DC has a character named B'wana Beast.)

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Selachian posted:

I liked the in-joke of Stein refusing to get on the Titanic.

Pretty sure that was included in the first trailer for season 3 and it was amazing back then too. For anyone that doesn't realize the joke and/or missed it the first time it came up Victor Garber played the Titanic's designer, Thomas Andrews, in Titanic.

xerxus
Apr 24, 2010
Grimey Drawer
I feel like the show has gone slightly too self-aware.

Yeah, the team is full of fuckups, but I liked it better when they're earnestly trying to not be fuckups without realizing it.

It's still the bets CW DC show.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

I was so expecting it instead of the water break

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

ShakeZula posted:

I was so expecting it instead of the water break

I appreciate the two of them wailing on each other to a standstill and just saying gently caress it, this isn't working lets just try to talk this out then go for round two if that doesn't work. It's just the right amount of action and dumb that works, and the comedic timing on it was pretty much perfect.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

xerxus posted:

I feel like the show has gone slightly too self-aware.

"And that's our grand finale, I told you it wasn't for the faint of heart. You had action, you had romance, you had flaming things in the sky! Just wait until next week's show!"

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Sara and Sharpe taking a smoke break between girl fighting :discourse:

God drat this show is the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
Re: dumbest legend chat

Nate is a friggin idiot who really should know better. Mick is a dumbass that doesn't care. Ergo, Nate is the dumbest legend. :v: