Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

chiefnewo posted:

Are Antimatter Galaxies something I should be getting right away in Antimatter Dimensions, or should I just keep dimension shifting until I break infinity?

You need 1e308 antimatter to break infinity. and you likely need 2 galaxies to get to infinity the first time. Buying a galaxy should be #1 priority when it is available, as it resets everything but gives you a tickspeed bonus.
The game slows down for a long while after you get your first galaxy, due to the tick speed increase not being all that big (from 11% to 12%) however on your second galaxy it goes from 12% to 14% which is very noticeable.

The game gets quite fun after you break infinity, even more so when you break infinity-infinity (and later on when you break infinity-infinity-infinity)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Ineptitude posted:

You need 1e308 antimatter to break infinity. and you likely need 2 galaxies to get to infinity the first time. Buying a galaxy should be #1 priority when it is available, as it resets everything but gives you a tickspeed bonus.
The game slows down for a long while after you get your first galaxy, due to the tick speed increase not being all that big (from 11% to 12%) however on your second galaxy it goes from 12% to 14% which is very noticeable.

The game gets quite fun after you break infinity, even more so when you break infinity-infinity (and later on when you break infinity-infinity-infinity)

It also has to be said that the "you passed the big wall" or whatver achievement is aptly named, since the first galaxy takes longer than anything afterwards except maybe challenges.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

RG: new builds are up on g00fball..they're good

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
Ant idle is fun! Like a mix of shark game and swarm sim. Managing your production loops is interesting and there's a lot of stuff to spend your upgrade points on. The UI can be a hassle tho.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'm up to the point where I'm doing lineage challenges in Realm Grinder, and I have two questions:

Is there a trick to the demon challenge, or do I just need to grind out 10 days of Hellfire Blast? I'm leveling up a few more spells at the same time, so it's not a total waste, but still.

How in the gently caress am I supposed to do the Elf challenge?

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Elf is easy, just take the build that got you to Lineage 20 and let it run until auto-clicks hit the magic number. And there appears to be no trick to Demon Lineage, you just have to leave it for the 10 days. You may as well do the Drow Lineage (30 days offline time) at the same time but that one has the Drow Challenge..4 which builds up offline time based on spells cast.

Ghost of Starman
Mar 9, 2008
Playing Swarm Simulator on Kongregate: has anybody encountered problems with same (or similar)? Symptoms seem like possibly a memory leak, lots of freezing and locking up in-tab (but everything in the background keeps running fine). Tips/troubleshooting?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Ghost of Starman posted:

Playing Swarm Simulator on Kongregate: has anybody encountered problems with same (or similar)? Symptoms seem like possibly a memory leak, lots of freezing and locking up in-tab (but everything in the background keeps running fine). Tips/troubleshooting?

That's a general symptom of playing on Kongregate.

chiefnewo
May 21, 2007

junan_paalla posted:

Ant idle is fun! Like a mix of shark game and swarm sim. Managing your production loops is interesting and there's a lot of stuff to spend your upgrade points on. The UI can be a hassle tho.

I hate production loops in idle games because it requires more thinking than I'm prepared to put in. I can see why you'd do it as it adds a layer of gameplay but I hate having to micromanage stuff that much.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

chiefnewo posted:

I hate production loops in idle games because it requires more thinking than I'm prepared to put in. I can see why you'd do it as it adds a layer of gameplay but I hate having to micromanage stuff that much.

Its nowhere nearly as convoluted in Ant Idle as it was in Shark Game

Basically when you unlock advanced workers through research you get 5 new worker types

Worker 1 consumes A and generates B
Worker 2 consumes B and generates C
Worker 3 consumes C and generates D
Worker 4 consumes D and generates E
Worker 5 consumes E and generates A

And they are all under the same menu. Just buy x of each worker and you get a net boost to all your resources. Just don't buy max one of them because then you can't buy (some of) the others as they share some of the resources required.

chiefnewo
May 21, 2007

Huh, that's funny because I found Shark Game to be relatively simple. I made the mistake in Ant Idle of buying a bunch of the machine-making ants all at once and loving my supply lines. Then I threw my hands in the air as I couldn't be bothered fixing it. I know I could just turn their production to 0% until I got it sorted out but I wasn't feeling it at the time.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Ghost of Starman posted:

As noted above, that's more Kongregate than SwarmSim. A good ad blocker helps with this tremendously, since it's Kong's ads in particular that tend to cause the problems.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

It turns out there’s a new artifact you can get at R90 in realm grinder that unlocks every challenge upgrade when you use mercs. It...definitely speeds things up around that point.

Ghost of Starman
Mar 9, 2008

Vil posted:

As noted above, that's more Kongregate than SwarmSim. A good ad blocker helps with this tremendously, since it's Kong's ads in particular that tend to cause the problems.

Yeah, that's what I wound up doing; seems to have resolved the issues. Sucks for them, I guess.

If anyone has played Swarm Simulator - am I correct in eventually giving up on "Twin" upgrades for lower-tier units? Like, if I keep at them, will there ever be a point where I'd want to start spending larva directly on Drones or Queens again? Or am I correct in my assessment that it's better to just keep the higher-tier units chugging away? (Feels like a scrub-tier Idle-Clicker question, but I'm perennially haunted by those lingering "upgrade available" icons :mad: )

Edit: woooow, that's an obnoxious "Stupid Newbie" avatar. gently caress you too, SA

Ghost of Starman fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Oct 18, 2017

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Ghost of Starman posted:

Edit: woooow, that's an obnoxious "Stupid Newbie" avatar. gently caress you too, SA
Lowtax wants your money. I mean, I shouldn't talk, I got this avatar from a mod who gave it to everyone who posted a bear joke on a page of the Kickstarter thread. But it's certainly evil brilliant genius.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Sounds like someone wants a USPol May Yoda Avatar.

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.
I'm looking forward to when lowtax drops the subtlety and the stupid newbie av is just goatse with the text "gently caress you, pay me"

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Ghost of Starman posted:

If anyone has played Swarm Simulator - am I correct in eventually giving up on "Twin" upgrades for lower-tier units? Like, if I keep at them, will there ever be a point where I'd want to start spending larva directly on Drones or Queens again? Or am I correct in my assessment that it's better to just keep the higher-tier units chugging away? (Feels like a scrub-tier Idle-Clicker question, but I'm perennially haunted by those lingering "upgrade available" icons :mad: )

There is absolutely a point at which you no longer have any use for twin upgrades on lower-tier units - it's literally as soon as you can produce more of them by doing nothing or (later) spending energy on a time warp than buying them with larva, because outside the very highest ranks of units you can make once that point is passed it'll never be worth it to buy more of them than more of their producers. The awesome part is that there's a toggle for the notifications that lets you turn them off for that unit permanently or set them to only go off after you have 2x/4x the required resources, and you can fiddle with every upgrade this way so that you only get useful notifications and no others.

As for the current stupid newbie av, I'm not a super fan but it beats the previous pedo av

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Does IdleAnt ever get more interesting? I'm at level 7 and it just seems like more and more combinations of an element, an animal helper, and a location.
Edit: Never mind, just jumped to level 18 and it's the same combinations. Great potential for this game but needs more stuff to do!

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 11:21 on Oct 19, 2017

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I think that's the same trap Shark Game fell into - you might get mildly faster each world, but the worlds are relatively static and nothing carries between them. When I chose 'Unlock Bee' I kind of wanted it to expand what I could do in any world rather than just change out easy sand with crabs for, uh, I guess bees are good as another source of science?

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Ghostlight posted:

I think that's the same trap Shark Game fell into - you might get mildly faster each world, but the worlds are relatively static and nothing carries between them. When I chose 'Unlock Bee' I kind of wanted it to expand what I could do in any world rather than just change out easy sand with crabs for, uh, I guess bees are good as another source of science?
Yep, that's exactly why I quit Shark Game. And the fact that it just gets contrived in its complexities rather than finely crafted with care (and generally understandable.) Oh well, another idler down!

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Ghostlight posted:

Shark game was fun because it eventually turned into not am idle game at all. Later levels can be knocked out in like 3 minutes.

The engineers in idle ants seem pretty useless, except for ice worlds to make.melters. I only played maybe four worlds and quit though.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Shark Game also had lots of flavor. Idle Ants is more sterile which was okay for Swarm Sim because the production lines were simple but just makes the added complexity for the sake of complexity wear out faster.

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug

ilmucche posted:

Shark game was fun because it eventually turned into not am idle game at all. Later levels can be knocked out in like 3 minutes.

The engineers in idle ants seem pretty useless, except for ice worlds to make.melters. I only played maybe four worlds and quit though.

I mean the engineers are the way to get the biggest exponential growth on non-food resources because machines are so effective. Pretty quickly they become the top contributor to growth for resources.

that all being said yeah it's a bit sterile, but it's an interesting concept and I've been playing around with it for a while.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
I tried Shark Game a couple of times and always quit during the second or third planet. It's just too crazy because you get spammed with new ways to do the things you did on the old planets pretty much right from the start.
Oh here are these new things to make sand and crystals and sea apples and oh yeah there's dolphins now too that have another 3 ways to do everything and also a new element and new machines.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

ilmucche posted:

Engineers are ridiculously powerful - they cost a flat fee to run and build machines for free. Once you can run one you can convert up resources into buying ever increasing amounts of engineers to build more and more machines.

The thing is that unlike Shark Game where you have to pry open the portal with significant amounts of a wide range of resources, most of the worlds just require X number of top-level base unit generators (Nest/Hive/Crab Nest) and a base resource (Food/Honey) with a plus of getting rid of whatever 'danger' is on the world (Poisonous Plants - Ice I don't even think is actually implemented), so the only reason to build them is to fund Universities to increase your science so you can afford to buy all the extras on every planet without idling for hours.

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost
So they recently launched a major rebalance and subsequent bug fix for Tap Titans 2. They really opened the doors wide with the expanded content and I'm amazed by how much support has been poured into my favorite dumb clicker game. The super spergs have been going nuts because nobody can figure out optimal builds anymore. The end result is a wild west of theorycrafting and seemingly endless ways to optimize a character.

Our clan remains active if anybody wants to check it out: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3801833

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
http://www.glaielgames.com/succubox/

I'm enjoying this right now, but I'd say an autoclicker script is recommended for some of the early and mid-game activities.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Oenis posted:

I'm enjoying this right now, but I'd say an autoclicker script is recommended for some of the early and mid-game activities.

Sounds like Succubus or like suck you. Be honest with us, is this a sex game?

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012

GrossMurpel posted:

Nah, it's a commentary on loot boxes in games, following the latest Shadow of War/Battlefront II debacle. There is a spooky ghost later on, though.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.
I think this morning’s rebirth will finally let me finish my first UBC. I don’t know if I’d want to do this again without Improved Next At For Challenges...

What should I do once I kill Baal and (presumably) get my rewards?

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Oenis posted:

Nah, it's a commentary on loot boxes in games, following the latest Shadow of War/Battlefront II debacle. There is a spooky ghost later on, though.

You can get a job to make real money instead of gold in the game in the game. But you can also buy lootboxes for REAL real world money. How many levels of irony is this on?

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

GrossMurpel posted:

There was a succubus game brought up in this thread, I think it was around this time last year because of halloween?

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

ZZT the Fifth posted:

I think this morning’s rebirth will finally let me finish my first UBC. I don’t know if I’d want to do this again without Improved Next At For Challenges...

What should I do once I kill Baal and (presumably) get my rewards?

Where are you, stat wise? Clones, Create count, etc.

If you aren't 1-capped on all your skills yet, it's a good idea to do longer runs while they train down. That's what I've been doing: I leveled my planet to 5, did a Universe Challenge, and started in on All Achievement Challenges. You also end up climbing P. Baals as a side effect, which has let me unlock a couple more pets.

e: If you are 1-capped, do DRCs. That extra might boost every rebirth adds up fast, and I'm pretty sure you keep your Improved Next At regardless.

Goon Danton fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Oct 22, 2017

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Oenis posted:

Definitely bring an autoclicker.

How do I make a sword? I need to make a soul sword. For reasons.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

it put me in jail for an hour for trying to inspect element so gently caress this game

i don't want to wait around for like 30 minutes to buy my own company

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
Sorry, I should have linked to the cheatable version straight away. No idea why they implemented that dumb anti-cheat thing, especially since some number balancing is definitely a bit off. http://www.glaielgames.com/succubox/cheatable/

DACK FAYDEN posted:

How do I make a sword? I need to make a soul sword. For reasons.

5 metal + 1 fabric

Oenis fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Oct 22, 2017

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Oenis posted:

5 metal + 1 fabric
Ugh, I didn't think of the hilt, I instantly juumped from level 12 to level 20 when I made and equipped one, lol at me.

(is there ever a reason to skill Int or is Str the only stat that does anything?)

edit: oh my god the ghost makes a sound when you buy the upgrade to murder it

DACK FAYDEN fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Oct 22, 2017

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Pretty sure Int increased the XP enemies give?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Huh, so it's either useless or insane with nothing in between. That's... probably good to know.

edit: lol I didn't even think about hats, this could use more breadcrumbs for idiots like me to discover what the new resources are

DACK FAYDEN fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Oct 22, 2017