Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
I'm going to bed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Suspicions for Night 2
The current deadline is October 17th, 2017 at 10 p.m. PDT -- that's in about 3 hours, 22 minutes.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

I'm going to bed

I love how we can all keep up with your sleep patterns via mafia games

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

I'm going to bed. Maniacally scribbles in a notebook while watching the news in a bag of chips..

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990
this is biring now some ody do aomwthing or killl someone else alrwadyd

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

I got some night rwsults too it said that sensual snail is a DORk

Revolver Anidav
Feb 12, 2016

"Diamond Dogs? They're pretty good...

But they've got nothing on my doooooooooooooooog...."
I bought a Turkish Death Note. The instructions are in Arabic but I assume I'll be able to kill somebody without them.

Okay it's set up now and appears to be working fine.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
loves, I fell asleep while typing and can barely keep up enough to do this - we'll call it a floating deadline? by morning i should be able to process fully

nobody died though

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

peramene posted:

nobody died though

WHAT IS evEN THE POINT OF You¿

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

someonw rename tbis game "LIFE NOTe" because so far it has been falsr advertising!

Revolver Anidav
Feb 12, 2016

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

someonw rename tbis game "LIFE NOTe" because so far it has been falsr advertising!

My note uses blue lights which according to Google translating the instructions is supposed to keep objects fresher for the longer period.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

I'm going to bring all the worlds worst criminals back to life using my life note

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
I'm awake

Revolver Anidav
Feb 12, 2016

JB Hi-Fi manager literally told me because I wrote with a pen that isn't Bic that I voided my warranty by using 3rd party peripherals. This is such bullshit I'm debating like 3 employees at the front desk like I'm a government inspector or something. Just let me exchange my loving Death Note you parasites.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Revolver Anidav posted:

JB Hi-Fi manager literally told me because I wrote with a pen that isn't Bic that I voided my warranty by using 3rd party peripherals. This is such bullshit I'm debating like 3 employees at the front desk like I'm a government inspector or something. Just let me exchange my loving Death Note you parasites.

shouls've taken you're dog with you

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
It is now Night 3.

:ghost: By popular demand, "48" hour deadlines until I just can't stand it anymore. :ghost:

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Suspicions for Night 3
The current deadline is October 19th, 2017 at 10 p.m. PDT -- that's in about 1 day, 17 hours.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Almost forgot again:

peramene has hosed up basic chess rules in addition to her own.

peramene fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Oct 18, 2017

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Even now, very now
An old black ram is tupping your white ewe

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
rip white queen

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

sentimental snail posted:

rip white queen

Yeah white is a poor player

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

A poster to surpass Bifauxnen!

peramene posted:

White has captured a Black Pawn.

Totally salvageable position.

1. KD5-C7. KF6-G5.
2. KC7-E8. RF8-E8.
3. BC4-F7...

Trade queens with black, your knight gets captured by the enemy rook on the back row. White's down three points. And then you move that bishop up into the king's castling block, supported by the knight. Check threatening a rook and a knight.

From there you can go either way. The knight is free and capturing it puts white point even with black who now has a big hole in his castling pawns. Very winnable position. Or white can capture the rook and lose the bishop. Which puts him one point down but draws the king out of hiding and leaves black to try and compete with white's pair of rooks in the endgame; without a queen - with only one rook. A much more aggressive strategy but, similarly, very winnable.

I don't know that this is the same game we we're shown earlier though. Look, black's castled now. That would have taken four moves. Shifting the queen to the E file is a fifth move. And then blacks A pawn and D pawn have been advanced. That's SEVEN moves. It sure doesn't look like white has taken seven moves...

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

KhediveRex posted:

1. KD5-C7. KF6-G5.
2. KC7-E8. RF8-E8.
3. BC4-F7...

Trade queens with black, your knight gets captured by the enemy rook on the back row. White's down three points. And then you move that bishop up into the king's castling block, supported by the knight. Check threatening a rook and a knight.

From there you can go either way. The knight is free and capturing it puts white point even with black who now has a big hole in his castling pawns. Very winnable position. Or white can capture the rook and lose the bishop. Which puts him one point down but draws the king out of hiding and leaves black to try and compete with white's pair of rooks in the endgame; without a queen - with only one rook. A much more aggressive strategy but, similarly, very winnable.

I don't know that this is the same game we we're shown earlier though. Look, black's castled now. That would have taken four moves. Shifting the queen to the E file is a fifth move. And then blacks A pawn and D pawn have been advanced. That's SEVEN moves. It sure doesn't look like white has taken seven moves...

It can't be the same game, right? Black already moved their king to the seventh row so castling would be illegal.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
sports bad

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

A poster to surpass Bifauxnen!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

It can't be the same game, right? Black already moved their king to the seventh row so castling would be illegal.

Yeah, the king from the last game could never have castled. He could have moved manually into a castled position but that takes four moves. And if seven turns have really passed, white has been busy doing almost nothing. Except endanger his queen, I suppose.

I think it has to be a different game. One were black was more orthodox with his opening.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

IT'S ALMOST LIKE THEY AREN'T PLAYING OPTIMALLY.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Max posted:

IT'S ALMOST LIKE THEY AREN'T PLAYING OPTIMALLY.

Goons are unable to comprehend non-optimal strategies.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
:ghost: guess who learned some rules about chess today :ghost:

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

KhediveRex posted:

1. KD5-C7. KF6-G5.
2. KC7-E8. RF8-E8.
3. BC4-F7...

1..Nxh5

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
:ghost: listen kids, don't take xanax :ghost:

"OH GOD WHY DO I HAVE THREE KNIGHTS"

peramene fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Oct 18, 2017

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
chess bad

too many rules

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Asiina posted:

chess bad

not enough rules

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
So I observed an incident at the mall that involved the police preventing a stabbing.

I checked votefinder and haven't seen anyone removed from the game, so was what I saw a player action or random flavour?

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

L calls checkmate.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I use my wormhole ability to move ..Kb8

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
im the little horseys :3:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Kira bad at chess (please don't hurt me Kira)

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Oh my god, I'm all for shitposting but as town we're hamstringing ourselves completely if we don't at least try to compare results or talk about anything.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Pip Lapran is in a room somewhere, surrounded by people screaming at him. How could you blow such a simple job? The gently caress are you talking about, a 'ninja'?

He cowers in fear, shaking, and then unbeknownst to the people screaming at him, dies of a heart attack.

Upon the discovery of his extensive criminal record, the Laprans will not mourn his loss.

peramene fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Oct 18, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Independent observers confirm: Checkmate.

• Locked thread