Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

hot balls man no homo posted:

The price is going to be dependent on how confident CIG is in their presentation. If it's a huge update/bucket of lies then the price will probably top out close to 1k. If CIG is expecting a disappointing show and are already prepping an apology video then the price is probably closer to 400. The price could cause a backer revolt if they aren't careful with it. We know that it is a blatant moneygrab, but they can't make it obvious to the backers.

You obviously know nothing of scam development. The more trouble you have, the bolder you have to be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

trucutru posted:

It's not a mil-ship so less than a grand. $950 is my guess.

If they finally start selling plots of land then they may have a more expensive bundle.

You know how you can go to a website and pre-purchase land on planets discovered in other solar systems?

Well, why not in SC?

Game changer.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
Should have a mod challenge of dual toxx clauses. MOMA getting toxxed if Derek can get 64 concurrent players in an instance in his new game, and toxx Derek for not being able to deliver said 64 players in a concurrent instance in his new game.

Two week time frame.

My money is on even if Derek manages to get the code working he won't even be able to get 63 other people to play with him.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Toops posted:

*doesn't dare talk about Star Citizen's concurrent player count. Talks about Derek's.*

*clocks out for the day*

*while walking home on train tracks, does not notice train barreling towards him, instead choosing to focus on a squirrel standing in a distant road nibbling a walnut*

To be fair, that squirrel is making one hell of a racket and tweeting a shitstorm

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

Milky Moor posted:

Not that it's really that surprising if you were, like me, involved in sci-fi communities in the late 90s/early 00s. Every group was fiercely fighting every other group. The Big Three fight was a melee between the Trekkies VS Warsies VS Fivers (and there was often fierce sectarian violence within those groups -- Kirk or Picard, Sinclair or Sheridan??). The flight sim rivalries were just an extension of that, and Wing Commander had some very devoted fans in those days. Wing Commander had a lot of games with big name actors and was basically a big Hollywood movie series. In comparison, Freespace wasn't as obviously 'good' and was practically dehumanising and depersonalising in its grim narrative. And FS2 does sort of have the dubious distinction of being one of the last flight sims ever released as well as being the best.

Just, like with most things when it comes to Lesnick, he never seemed to move on from those days.

Lesnick went a step further by, through sheer bloody-minded autistic devotion, becoming the leader of the organized WC fandom and expelling anyone who disagreed with his views.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Beet Wagon posted:

Just use the :allears: smilie, my dude. You can be as snarky as you want as long as you don't use a lovely image macro with impact font :eng101:

How about a really good image macro with Helvetica standard: the anime (yes, it exists)

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

go with papyrus

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don’t know about you guys but I feel like I leave a “game changer” in the toilet at least once a day

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

trucutru posted:

image macro comma anime

It's shorter if you just type "ban me" imo but you do you.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

trucutru posted:

Helvetica standard

I really want a shirt with this plastered on.

I already have the helvetica comic sans shirt, so this would be perfect.

Truga fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Oct 18, 2017

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
I still have the Goonrathi font if we're going to start spamming image macros.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
No, no
No, no, no, no
No, no, no, no
No, no, no more refunds

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

hot balls man no homo posted:

The price is going to be dependent on how confident CIG is in their presentation. If it's a huge update/bucket of lies then the price will probably top out close to 1k. If CIG is expecting a disappointing show and are already prepping an apology video then the price is probably closer to 400. The price could cause a backer revolt if they aren't careful with it. We know that it is a blatant moneygrab, but they can't make it obvious to the backers.

I can guarantee it'll be a number they pull out of their rear end instead of doing asking a focus group or looking at data about their previous sales.

boviscopophobic posted:

I've said this elsewhere, but I think the move will be an Evocati-only release either right before or during Gamescom, of course accompanied by triumphalist rhetoric. After the Gamescom sale ends, the patch will be pulled for "further bugfixing and polish before going to the general PTU". Then the "weeks, not months" can begin.

:eyepop:

UNCUT PHILISTINE
Jul 27, 2006

Matthew... You've been polishing for five years. stop

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Drunk Theory posted:

An outline of a ship with a giant ? in the middle is somehow very appropriate.

Remember to keep pioneering that future backers.

Remember when we sold a picture of a question mark? Now you get an outline too!

Over-delivering on value

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

I bet they've made some amazing progress polishing the Murrow tour over the last two years. I can't wait to see it again.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

ManofManyAliases posted:

You're just trying to get me probated by posting a ::rolling eyes:: meme.

No, that thought hadn't occurred me. The only user I really tried to bait into a probation was Seraph (before we knew of his dark side).

Sectopod
Aug 24, 2017

Posting from the future, post-ELE, when books are being written about this hot mess.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Sectopod posted:

Posting from the future, post-ELE, when books are being written about this hot mess.

This is good

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/status/920726877261717510

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

trucutru posted:

To be fair, that squirrel is making one hell of a racket and tweeting a shitstorm

True. And when you think about it, aren't we all just a bunch of squirrels, nibbin' nuts on this crazy road of life?

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Sectopod posted:

:eyepop:
Can I pledge for the completionist edition please?

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Sectopod posted:

:five:

Omniblivion
Oct 17, 2012
This feels like the Real Life version of scamming pubbies that want to get into GoonSwarm in Eve Online.

1) Build this big dream of paradise and how great it is to be part of it
2) Offer people a taste ~for a fee~
3) Drag out the admittance process by claiming that the pubbie is a spy
4) Suggest that ~another fee~ would be a game changer and expedite their admission process
5) Tell them that they are being invited but never actually invite them
6) Have them bring all their stuff to somewhere convenient for us
7) "Accidentally" gently caress them over and take or blow up all their stuff
8) Repeat step 4) indefinitely
9) Most importantly- never, ever, admit that it is a scam.

This is an actual scamming playbook that goons use

CR is either the most genius goon ever or a pubbie sunk by this scam and seeking space revenge

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Omniblivion posted:

CR is either the most genius goon ever or a pubbie sunk by this scam and seeking space revenge

Too bad the goons all bailed :v:

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Omniblivion posted:

This feels like the Real Life version of scamming pubbies that want to get into GoonSwarm in Eve Online.

1) Build this big dream of paradise and how great it is to be part of it
2) Offer people a taste ~for a fee~
3) Drag out the admittance process by claiming that the pubbie is a spy
4) Suggest that ~another fee~ would be a game changer and expedite their admission process
5) Tell them that they are being invited but never actually invite them
6) Have them bring all their stuff to somewhere convenient for us
7) "Accidentally" gently caress them over and take or blow up all their stuff
8) Repeat step 4) indefinitely
9) Most importantly- never, ever, admit that it is a scam.

This is an actual scamming playbook that goons use

When it comes to con-artists, CR falls squarely in the "Rain Man" category.

He's like one of those kids who can reproduce every detail of downtown Rome in pencil after one fly-by in a helicopter, but he doesn't understand what a building is because all objects are just lines to him, he can't read or write, and screams and hits himself in the head if his lunch does not contain bananas.

CR is like this, but for scamming.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Toops posted:

When it comes to con-artists, CR falls squarely in the "Rain Man" category.

He's like one of those kids who can reproduce every detail of downtown Rome in pencil after one fly-by in a helicopter, but he doesn't understand what a building is because all objects are just lines to him, he can't read or write, and screams and hits himself in the head if his lunch does not contain bananas.

CR is like this, but for scamming.

Or he is like the blackjack scene in "The Hangover". Ideas floating around in a stream while higher than a kite.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Or it's all just like when he announced that they were including Sataball at the same time Enders Game was coming out in theaters only to never be mentioned again.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

I'm surprised they didn't have a special ship sale to time with the world wide theatrical release of the falls new hit movie American Satan

Bumbler
Dec 17, 2005

The "game changer" is a very appropriate name considering how they have been pivoting the game from a space sim game to an early access survival game.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
Maybe by 'game changer' they mean if it sells well enough it will stave off the immediate financial burdens that would otherwise kill the 'game'.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
The game changer is that it will flop and be the actual ELE.

Calling it here before the other guy tries to claim it for himself.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

I'm sure the new game changer ship will somehow introduce and include a new game mechanic or previously unheard of before stretch goal ... thereby pushing back development by another few months while they include it into the game

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Dusty Lens posted:

Or it's all just like when he announced that they were including Sataball at the same time Enders Game was coming out in theaters only to never be mentioned again.

And yet the runaway success of Wonder Woman didn't give us female avatars. MAKES YOU THINK.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

To be honest I might be an oddball, but what the hell was the attraction to santaball besides Ender's Game? The zero-G poo poo or something else? In short, what was the selling point of that abortion?

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

Colostomy Bag posted:

To be honest I might be an oddball, but what the hell was the attraction to santaball besides Ender's Game? The zero-G poo poo or something else? In short, what was the selling point of that abortion?

I believe it was supposed to be a "training mode" for EVA like AC is for ship to ship combat. A way for players to get used to moving in 3d space.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Colostomy Bag posted:

Echo Arena is a great vr game and basically exactly what Santaball was pitched as. Too bad crobbler will never be able to do anything like that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xPRIocr8ts

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Colostomy Bag posted:

I believe the selling point was it would be something people could actually play , instead of the current nothingness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

illectro
Mar 29, 2010

:jeb: ROCKET SCIENCE :jeb:

Hullo, I'm Scoot Moonbucks.
Please stop being surprised by this.

I'll take care of him.

I did suggest a drinking game where mentioning any Chris Roberts or David Braben game required taking a shot. Would encourage looking beyond the 2 games represented by developers. But Twitchcon doesn't allow that.