Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Jon Jones is going to have his suspension overturned ahaha Keven reigns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Skip My Posts posted:

He’s not a doctor. What are antibiotics

If he or his team had said that post fight instead of "yeah i have a staph infection and am on antibiotics for it" then you would have a point.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
If you are even remotely mad that someone saved the main event of a card by fighting through adversity instead of ruining a card with their fake rear end “sinus issues” get the gently caress out of my sport.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Do you want to be a loving fight fan

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

What if my issue with Jon Jones isn't that he did a drug thing, but that he did things to make Daniel Cormier champion?

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Mr. Nice! posted:

If he or his team had said that post fight instead of "yeah i have a staph infection and am on antibiotics for it" then you would have a point.

He was just repeating things he heard on tv he’s not a doctor

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

rare Magic card l00k posted:

What if my issue with Jon Jones isn't that he did a drug thing, but that he did things to make Daniel Cormier champion?

:same:

mewse
May 2, 2006

red19fire posted:

Doesn't Dana cancel contracts for pettier reasons than '3 drug pops in as many years'? Maybe Jones has a better contract than the average $10k win/show journeyman but come on, Dana's done better people much dirtier.

Yes the UFC has huge leeway to end contracts at their discretion which means Dana is lying by omission when he says "legally" they have to keep Jones

Captain Log posted:

Fight physicals are basically WWII army physicals.

Are you dead? Maybe? Whatever here is some Tylenol, praise Jesus.

I've seen a lot of physicals for amateur boxers and it is hilarious how huge the variation is. Some docs do a blood pressure test and ask them if they've ever had head trauma. Others are much more comprehensive, do a baseline by getting them to stand and tilt their head in certain directions (can compare if potential concussion), etc. There's potential legislation in my province right now that would have all amateur sports being forced to adopt concussion protocols

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Work Friend Keven posted:

If you are even remotely mad that someone saved the main event of a card by fighting through adversity instead of ruining a card with their fake rear end “sinus issues” get the gently caress out of my sport.

It's not like anyone actually watched the fight.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

mewse posted:

Yes the UFC has huge leeway to end contracts at their discretion which means Dana is lying by omission when he says "legally" they have to keep Jones

I've seen a lot of physicals for amateur boxers and it is hilarious how huge the variation is. Some docs do a blood pressure test and ask them if they've ever had head trauma. Others are much more comprehensive, do a baseline by getting them to stand and tilt their head in certain directions (can compare if potential concussion), etc. There's potential legislation in my province right now that would have all amateur sports being forced to adopt concussion protocols

I've literally seen physicals for jobs that are harder to pass than fight physicals.

Those mostly consisted of picking up a forty pound weight and setting it on a shelf at eye level. I think that simple test could have made Lee explode into a mist of bugs.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

You feel that a professional fighter who went on to fight multiple rounds, a few of which he arguably won, would be unable to lift 40 lbs?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

You feel that a professional fighter who went on to fight multiple rounds, a few of which he arguably won, would be unable to lift 40 lbs?

He was objectively full of bugs.

I think I'm right here, but I have some books on shelves I can go stare at to make sure.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Mr. Nice! posted:

It's not like anyone actually watched the fight.

Everyone seems very invested in the Rule of Law surrounding it for some reason though. Weird.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Everyone seems very invested in the Rule of Law surrounding it for some reason though. Weird.

I need to make sure that nobody else accidentally watches the fight.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
I just wanted to hear more about gnarly staph infections. i had one on my forearm once and you could see the infection tracking up my arm along the veins. Made me feel pretty crook for a few days. #staphchat

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I had one on the back of my head that i got from a VA hospital. The antibiotics i was on included the warning "avoid sunlight"

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

I just wanted to hear more about gnarly staph infections. i had one on my forearm once and you could see the infection tracking up my arm along the veins. Made me feel pretty crook for a few days. #staphchat

Millennials love staphchat.

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

I had one on the back of my head that i got from a VA hospital. The antibiotics i was on included the warning "avoid sunlight"

I have been training for this disease my whole life

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

make australia great again as well please
Rule of Law

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

So which fighter is going to incorporate herpes sores and aggressive kissing into their game?

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
Heath Herring lost a fight due to aggressive kissing but that was 12 years ago, it's due for a comeback.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Captain Log posted:

So which fighter is going to incorporate herpes sores and aggressive kissing into their game?

Me bitch

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Captain Log posted:

This is where once again Jon Jones will be an innovator.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Trast posted:

This is where once again Jon Jones will be an innovator.

Ahead of the curve

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/tennis/gasquet-in-clear-at-last-for-cocaine-kiss-1844082.html

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Lid posted:

Problem with Jones is even if he's cleared you just know he's going to pop the next time again to be cleared again. You can't have faith in "THIS TIME IT WILL BE OK"

Especially as he gets older and the steroids become more enticing and necessary.

Gay Horney posted:

Kicking someone in the head is a lot more recklessly endangering than maybe getting them with a little germs

Germs have killed something like 90% of the people that have ever died. Headkicks do not account for the other 10

Opal
May 10, 2005

some by their splendor rival the colors of the painters, others the flame of burning sulphur or of fire quickened by oil.
also one of the two is voluntary and agreed-upon. the other is not

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Fight Night Gdansk this weekend.

Apparently Cerrone already has a big fight lined up for after Till. Till is a Brit who lived in Brazil for ages and speaks Portuguese, and he actually may be good at fighting. He's the dude who ragdolled a Brazilian in Brazil and then had the crowd behind him by the end of the speech. He's also a proper welterweight, and an undefeated rangy kickboxer.

Think there could be an upset lined up?

E. And this is the worst card I've ever seen for name recognition. The co-main features a woman with no UFC fights, and there's a middleweight fight on the main card with a dude who doesn't even have a wikipedia page. Andre Fili vs Artem Lobov is legit the next biggest fight on the card. Somehow Anthony Hamilton got another fight though..

CommonShore fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Oct 19, 2017

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I need to find a bar at 3pm that is showing both college football and ufc, hopefully that's not too hard.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

The Dave posted:

I need to find a bar at 3pm that is showing both college football and ufc, hopefully that's not too hard.

Its a fightpass card, so its probably going to be very hard.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Rigel posted:

Its a fightpass card, so its probably going to be very hard.

Oh poo poo I thought they'd at least throw it on FX.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

That actually makes it easier to watch you can toss it on your tablet or smartphone & not order wings.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

The man who gives up vs the man who never starts, the stoppable force vs the movable object. VITOR BELFORT VS URIAH HALL

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Snowman_McK posted:

Germs have killed something like 90% of the people that have ever died. Headkicks do not account for the other 10

Ban all forms of skin to skin contact then, because for the 100th time, we ALL have staph on us at all times.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
cool tony got his black belt and the 10th planet is real

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

Bluedeanie posted:

The man who gives up vs the man who never starts, the stoppable force vs the movable object. VITOR BELFORT VS URIAH HALL
Vitor vs Nate the Great was a turd so my hopes are low for this.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
Vitor the lion will sense Hall the cowards fear and go for the kill.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Nierbo posted:

Vitor the lion will sense Hall the cowards fear and go for the kill.

Remember when Vitor kept pulling guard against a one armed man until he pulled side control and lost

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Vitor charging in round 1 on Uriah Hall is going to end up with one of them asleep.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
I actually have zero faith in vitor now that he isn't on TRT. His boobs are saggier than shoguns, and thats never, ever a good thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll

Mr. Nice! posted:

Vitor charging in round 1 on Uriah Hall is going to end up with one of them asleep.

Probably the deflated old man

• Locked thread