Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

socialsecurity posted:

Kids evolve with time the internet has made them more aware then before.

Yeah, but matt and trey only get older so the show has drifted more from "two young guys write what school was really was like when they were kids" to "two old men write what they imagine school is like now and stuff they hate as adults".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

"two old men write what they imagine school is like now and stuff they hate as adults".

And boogers and cum.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Aphrodite posted:

Obsidian is usually noted for their writing, and broken just about everything else.

But these games are written by Parker and Stone.

I mean let's all be honest, it's a miracle Fallout New Vegas, which combined Bethesda and Obsedian, didn't light people's computers and consoles on fire.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

I've gotten to the reveal of who the kingpin behind the rise of crime in South Park is and I laughed my loving rear end off out loud, IRL.

I should have known all along!

Edit: I really appreciate the small details of what happens if you repeatedly light the Channukiah in Kyle's house.

CuddlyZombie fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Oct 18, 2017

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

It's not just writing with Obsidian. It's design. They 'get' a lot of what makes games fun for people. The exploration, the surprising details, coding in unorthodox scenarios, etc. Alpha Protocol is still one of my fave games of all time for this reason.

It bothers the hell out of me that this game doesn't lock off tons of areas for backtracking but almost never offers meaningful/interesting rewards for those who do. And the way that collectibles are just text now. The humor is yet again tons of 'hey remember this thing that exists in the show' which was kinda charming for the most part in the first game but is now just overdone as of the first area.

I know I sound cranky lol, I was just hoping it would take some steps forward where it instead took steps back.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
So, without specifics here, does the game ever "open up" like the last game did and get into some big, legitimate threat against the town like in the last game? I liked that in Stick of Truth, the game pulls back from the LotR fantasy stuff and suddenly you're fighting actual drat zombies in the middle of the kids' make-believe story of the stick of truth. That mash-up of imaginary fighting and then a real, dangerous threat is one of the things I liked the most about the previous game. I think if the game were just superhero poo poo for the entire game I think it'd get tiresome.

e: V Well that makes me hopeful then. I expected you to still be a superhero team, I just meant instead of it being like you're just doing the Netflix franchise thing that it actually turns into something bigger.

King Vidiot fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Oct 18, 2017

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

King Vidiot posted:

So, without specifics here, does the game ever "open up" like the last game did and get into some big, legitimate threat against the town like in the last game? I liked that in Stick of Truth, the game pulls back from the LotR fantasy stuff and suddenly you're fighting actual drat zombies in the middle of the kids' make-believe story of the stick of truth. That mash-up of imaginary fighting and then a real, dangerous threat is one of the things I liked the most about the previous game. I think if the game were just superhero poo poo for the entire game I think it'd get tiresome.

I haven't finished the game, but the plot develops to the point that you do fight real, dangerous things/people. You still do it while pretending to be superheroes, though, and somehow when you say you've set them on fire they, I dunno how to put it, "play along"? and do get set on fire. Maybe when you throw a fireball you're REALLY throwing lit candles or something. There's an intentional blurring of lines of what is just playing along with imagination rules and what is real.

Edit:

King Vidiot posted:

e: V Well that makes me hopeful then. I expected you to still be a superhero team, I just meant instead of it being like you're just doing the Netflix franchise thing that it actually turns into something bigger.

It's both, you're saving the town because you need to in order to do the thing you wanted to do from the start, which will let you get a Netflix franchise.

CuddlyZombie fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Oct 18, 2017

The Watch
Feb 10, 2014

He won't see the sun again for years to come...

He's posting on Something Awful
Megamarm
For the most part the combat has been really easy, but the battle during the mission "The Invitation" is rough. Took me a number of tries. I'm enjoying this game so much. I think I like it even better than the Stick of Truth.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

I just beat the game!

I really liked it, my only complaint is that I feel that it sort of ended really abruptly, even though I could tell that I was in the final stretch of the game.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

man that tachyon matrix artifact you get from uplay rewards is nice as hell, apart from the nice stat boost it adds +88% knockback damage

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

free hubcaps posted:

man that tachyon matrix artifact you get from uplay rewards is nice as hell, apart from the nice stat boost it adds +88% knockback damage

Make sure to unequip it every once in a while so you can upgrade it. The UPlay stuff all seem to have +1, +2 etc. versions that unlock every few crafting levels.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Hooooooly poo poo Timmy is amazing in this

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

It's been a while since Stick of Truth but I could have sworn there was a run button in that game. Casually walking everywhere is starting to annoy me.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Are there any legal streaming options for South Park in Canada besides CraveTV? Was going to watch the Coon episodes to catch up but it's not on Netflix or AmazonPrime.

oswald ownenstein
Jan 30, 2011

KING FAGGOT OF THE SHITPOST KINGDOM

Tumble posted:

So.... yes

A cracked version came out and lots of people have been having issues with the cracked version, so it could be that

I didn't have any problems except black screen on startup which was fixed by going into window mode and fixing the resolution

(I bought the game)

oswald ownenstein fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Oct 19, 2017

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

oswald ownenstein posted:

A cracked version came out and lots of people have been having issues with the cracked version, so it could be that

I didn't have any problems except black screen on startup which was fixed by going into window mode and fixing the resolution

I thought Ubisoft used some sort of hardcore copy protection.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Randaconda posted:

I got the impression that it was there standard suff.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Anyone got any tips for when or how to win the Raisin’s boss fight? I can get to the last part but the large character in that wave does me in, one thing I’m going to do before I try again is sell my junk and stock up on healing and revives, if I sell a crafted costume can I build it again?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Captain Diabetes hulking out on sugar is great.

The Watch
Feb 10, 2014

He won't see the sun again for years to come...

He's posting on Something Awful
Megamarm
Great game. Kind of disappointed there's no secret achievement for beating Morgan Freeman

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Welp, time to figure out why the game keeps bugging out and becoming unplayable during the first fight in Dr. Mephisto's Lab. The battle menu refuses to show up after the enemies take their first turn.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Anime_Otaku posted:

Anyone got any tips for when or how to win the Raisin’s boss fight? I can get to the last part but the large character in that wave does me in, one thing I’m going to do before I try again is sell my junk and stock up on healing and revives, if I sell a crafted costume can I build it again?

That's probably the hardest fight in the game I've found. You can cheese the big girl pretty easy with ranged attacks and knockbacks but getting to just her with everyone alive is a hassle. Super Craig was the MVP for sure.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I've got 9 hours on the clock and just picked my second class, seems a lot bigger than the first game, though a lot of my play time has been just exploring houses, which I feel like they could have made a bit more interesting, put some more sidequests in them or something. I'm still enjoying it more than the first game on balance though, I really like the systems and the combat and how they went with quality over quantity of combat encounters.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Yep I have no idea how to get past this bug so I can keep playing. Guess I'll just wait for a patch to hopefully fix it. :(

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Mosquito kinda sucks

Super Craig, Flashpass, and Coon seem to be the best so far. But I just now got to the part with Captain Diabetes and he seems okay, his super is really good.

I went Flamer/Psychic, setting enemies on fire and confusing them seems pretty good

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Just beat the game. Definitely longer than the first one. Final clock was around 13 hours compared to the 7 or 8 of Stick of Truth.

Combat actually required a bit of thought also which was a welcome improvement, especially since you never knew when a fight would have multiple stages.

With regards to the story though I don't think the ending was a funny as Stick of Truth. I've never been a fan of the whole Mitch Conner thing. Him being the ultimate villain was kind of a letdown.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

Just beat the game. Definitely longer than the first one. Final clock was around 13 hours compared to the 7 or 8 of Stick of Truth.

Combat actually required a bit of thought also which was a welcome improvement, especially since you never knew when a fight would have multiple stages.

With regards to the story though I don't think the ending was a funny as Stick of Truth. I've never been a fan of the whole Mitch Conner thing. Him being the ultimate villain was kind of a letdown.

As a person who saw the post-credits cutscene on Youtube, lemme ask ya.

How does it feel knowing your mother hosed your father all this time?

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Randaconda posted:

Denuvo's been getting cracked really fast these past few months.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

precision posted:

Mosquito kinda sucks

Super Craig, Flashpass, and Coon seem to be the best so far. But I just now got to the part with Captain Diabetes and he seems okay, his super is really good.

I went Flamer/Psychic, setting enemies on fire and confusing them seems pretty good

As far as tank characters go, I actually like Captain Diabetes way more than Super Craig. None of his moves have a cooldown and two of his three moves both do damage (to multiple enemies) and add an overshield. He also has a better ranged attack with his Sugar Rush, since Super Craig can’t use Omega Crash Extra if there’s an ally in the way of his path.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I don't want to Google and spoil the actual identities of all the Allies, but: are there any female party members?

Also how are some of y'all beating this so quick? Are you not rummaging through every house like a crazy person and spending probably 10% of your time changing clothes to make the most fabulous outfit?

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

precision posted:

I don't want to Google and spoil the actual identities of all the Allies, but: are there any female party members?

Also how are some of y'all beating this so quick? Are you not rummaging through every house like a crazy person and spending probably 10% of your time changing clothes to make the most fabulous outfit?

Yes there’s one and she is arguably the most powerful combat buddy in the game.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yes.

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Denuvo's been getting cracked really fast these past few months.

I think some publisher accidentally exposed a key value or something.

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer
Are there any 'must grab' early game hidden items or secrets which are big QoL boosters?

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

precision posted:

pffft. Chicks can't play super-heroes.

Call Girl is really strong

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
God, some of the specials have me in stitches. No matter how many times I see Jimmy hobbling at super speed through the streets like the Flash it still cracks me up.

Just unlocked Gerald's summon too. Hahahah. God, Major Boobage was such a good episode. 2008! Christ almighty.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Is it just me or does Mysterion have more frames of animation than most characters? Also his worried look when he's targeted is adorable.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Speaking of Mysterion, was Obsidian EVER involved with this game? Like even from a design document kinda level? Because I kinda remember someone somewhere saying you could choose to join either Mysterion or Coon (and I hope the word filters in work don't pick me up on THAT one) and that kind of branching choice is a very "Obsidian" thing to do.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

Anime_Otaku posted:

I found that Protection is really good in that fight. I managed to actually defeat it when I was around 325~ on Mastermind difficulty with the Psychic Ultimate since that heals and gives protection, which is hilariously OP. I used Super Craig, Human Kite and Mosquito for that fight I believe and managed to get through it through mass shielding and healing if i recall correctly.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Speaking of "fat enemies who crush you" the music from the stripper fight was pretty great.

I wonder if Trey can still do his "Tina-Rex" voice from Orgazmo. All the fat voices never quite reach the guttural levels of "You're gonna make me cuuum or I'm gonna kick your rear end!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Innerguard posted:

Are there any 'must grab' early game hidden items or secrets which are big QoL boosters?

Do the U-Play rewards count? Because, with upgrading, I still had them equipped at the end of the game. If you grind the crafting system I have to imagine you can get them OP pretty early.

precision posted:

Mosquito kinda sucks

I found Mosquito to be one of my favorites. He isn't as tanky as some of those others but as long as you're careful with his positioning his melee attack will keep him alive forever. He also does a ton of damage and has a lot of versatility.

• Locked thread