Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

The backpack in the middle looks a bit like the Nirvana logo.
Yeah but the bags on the left and right really look like it.

Edit: Oops, snipe. Have a sinister giraffe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

The backpack in the middle looks a bit like the Nirvana logo.

:aaaaa:

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I like this

Cheetah thinking it's not supposed to go this way

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

The 3st is real.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Knormal posted:

Yeah but the bags on the left and right really look like it.

Edit: Oops, snipe. Have a sinister giraffe.

This giraffe was witness to a mob killing. Its identity has been concealed and its voice has been digitally altered.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=826HMLoiE_o

We still talking persistence hunting? How about chasing a kudu all day?

EKDS5k
Feb 22, 2012

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU LET YOUR BEER FREEZE, DAMNIT

A few animals have us beat, like pronghorns and ostriches. They can run the equivalent of a full marathon in something like 45 minutes, giving them plenty of time to rest before a human could catch up, at which point they'll just do it again. Climate plays a big part, too; good luck running down a camel in the desert for example.

Caufman
May 7, 2007
A part of our stamina goes towards holding down a job, buying a motorcycle, and running down animals who think they can outrun us.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I outran three cheeseburgers just the other day. They never stood a chance

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Phlegmish posted:

I outran three cheeseburgers just the other day. They never stood a chance

It was a trick. They sacrificed 3 sick ones to protect the herd

Caufman
May 7, 2007
That's still a victory. You can only eat three cheeseburgers before returning to your wagon. If you overhunt the cheeseburgers, they will become scarce.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

It was a trick. They sacrificed 3 sick ones to protect the herd

These are referred to as "sliders"

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

Last one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQhC1Kfrs3o

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Hey, after seeing this and what you added to the Comics thread, I'm pretty sure you should just stop posting.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Also female mosquitoes can be identified by being the ones that suck your blood.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Thanks dad.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://i.imgur.com/36CvzDL.mp4

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Jabberlock posted:

The 3st is real.

It better be, I've been obeying it for years.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

It better be, I've been obeying it for years.

niiiice

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Progeria is no laughing matter

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

EKDS5k posted:

A few animals have us beat, like pronghorns and ostriches. They can run the equivalent of a full marathon in something like 45 minutes, giving them plenty of time to rest before a human could catch up, at which point they'll just do it again. Climate plays a big part, too; good luck running down a camel in the desert for example.

Human stamina hunting works better in the heat as our hairless bodies shed heat faster. Animals don't stop running when they are tired, they stop running when they begin to overheat.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persistence_hunting

EKDS5k
Feb 22, 2012

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU LET YOUR BEER FREEZE, DAMNIT

Goodpancakes posted:

Human stamina hunting works better in the heat as our hairless bodies shed heat faster. Animals don't stop running when they are tired, they stop running when they begin to overheat.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persistence_hunting

Yeah, that was the link I quoted. Animals cool down and recover when they rest, but regardless pronghorns can run at 30 mph all day. Nobody is catching that. Camels aren't that fast but a human would become dehydrated trying to chase one in the desert. They're so good at crossing deserts that we domesticated them and made them do it for us.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Trip report: Great for brittle hair but dries your hair out like you wouldn’t believe. It has placenta extract in it, not fresh from the womb.

Not joking, African hair care products are named some wild rear end things. I have a jar of hair mayonnaise that I use weekly.

And don’t even tell me about my favorite soap, Dudu-Osun. It’s even a lovely shade of brown :nexus:

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I use hair pudding on my beard. It's really good and smells nice

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

teen witch posted:

Trip report: Great for brittle hair but dries your hair out like you wouldn’t believe. It has placenta extract in it, not fresh from the womb.

Not joking, African hair care products are named some wild rear end things. I have a jar of hair mayonnaise that I use weekly.

And don’t even tell me about my favorite soap, Dudu-Osun. It’s even a lovely shade of brown :nexus:

It reminds me of my favorite Booker T quote from his announcing days: "Oh, it's from Africa? You know it works!!"

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

teen witch posted:

I have a jar of hair mayonnaise that I use weekly.

Honest question: is it just regular mayonnaise marked up as a hair care product or something specific for hair?

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Aleph Null posted:

Honest question: is it just regular mayonnaise marked up as a hair care product or something specific for hair?

I'm pretty sure it's a product specifically for hair but there is also a DIY thing out there about using actual store-bought intended-for-sandwhiches mayonnaise to treat split ends and other things so I don't know any more.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Aleph Null posted:

I'm going to guess that it's a hair care product with the consistency and appearance of mayonnaise. I can't imagine that something that needs to be refrigerated after opening would do well as a hair care product outside of, like, lifehack sites.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

SpacePig posted:

I'm going to guess that it's a hair care product with the consistency and appearance of mayonnaise. I can't imagine that something that needs to be refrigerated after opening would do well as a hair care product outside of, like, lifehack sites.

My mom legit used the egg and mayonnaise thing back in the 70s before I was born. I just wondered if that was still what people used or if there were things that were like that nowadays but actually not also food.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Mayo for hair isn't the craziest thing, I suppose. It's just a bunch of fat and oils.

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug
So just rub goons on your hair?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Aleph Null posted:

My mom legit used the egg and mayonnaise thing back in the 70s before I was born. I just wondered if that was still what people used or if there were things that were like that nowadays but actually not also food.

I used to use pure soap for shampoo, then fresh lemon or orange juice as conditioner.

Works a treat for straight fine hair.

I don't do that anymore because nothing works for baldness :smith:

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Gorilla Salad posted:

I used to use pure soap for shampoo, then fresh lemon or orange juice as conditioner.

Might I recommend the Peanut Butter Solution.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Aleph Null posted:

The latter - though many use egg and oil and it works just as fine.

I don’t have natural hair, I relax it, but this meme sort of best describes African hair care at times

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Booger Presley posted:

So just rub goons on your hair?

Nah. the fats and oils are supposed to be refined.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Gorilla Salad posted:

Maybe if you hadn't rubbed random stuff in your scalp you'd still have hair.

Or you might have gone bald sooner.

Hm... A conundrum.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

DandyLion posted:

Woah there, Morally Inept; He's talking about the hair on his head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IamnotJoe
Jul 24, 2005
Maybe Steve.

DandyLion posted:

Holy poo poo I thought I had dreamt that loving movie.