Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

cosmicjim posted:

Are you confusing dpi with sensitivity?

They are obviously different... But also the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tTfL-DtpXk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
Someone post the marine small unit movement manuals again. Or track em down, they cover ~tactical movement~ really well. the tldr of them is ONE PERSON MOVE, OTHER PERSON COVER

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

https://clips.twitch.tv/PleasantLivelyWrenPogChamp

mechaet
Jan 4, 2013

Insufferable measure of firewood

Bhodi posted:

You don't just hear it, you feel each shot through your whole body as the shockwave passes, like someone slapping you on your chest but on your whole body. It's singularly unpleasant to be near a rifle at an indoor range.

This is why I got my trust and purchased a suppressor. That poo poo is LOUD, but living in the PNW, it rains all the time and outdoor ranges are crap. Solution: make less noise.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Found an old PUBG alpha video... It's so weird.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zve-Cs63X0g

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

VulgarandStupid posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6i1y13GjN1M

PUBG uses almost entirely stock UE4 assets... I didn't realize it was this bad. Also, holy gently caress is this cell phone game better optimized than PUBG.

lol that's amazing

fknlo posted:

It can be legit brutal if they're an rear end in a top hat and have a muzzle brake on.

It's me, I'm that rear end in a top hat, it clears my sinuses all good and poo poo.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

VulgarandStupid posted:

Found an old PUBG alpha video... It's so weird.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zve-Cs63X0g

Weirdly enough, I wish there was a way to go back to the boring inventory interface.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Weirdly enough, I wish there was a way to go back to the boring inventory interface.

that interface sucks tho, so much easier when everything has a picture vs when it's all identical white text

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Thinking about buying this game but I have a woefully old graphics card (GTX 580) and 8GB of DDR3. I tend to play shooters on the lowest settings, would this game even run on my computer?

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
If you're willing to play at a lower resolution then a 580 will do ok, but only having 8GB of ram might leave you with buildings occasionally not loading in or the odd bit of stuttering/hitching.

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

Just make sure to close every single program and maybe even disable some windows services you dont need to free up that extra little bit of ram. I have no idea how 6gb of ram is the minimum requirements when people have problems with 8gb.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
Yeah at this point 8GB is pretty much the bare minimum to have a decent experience in games, and even that's borderline. 16 is the sweet spot for normal people, and 32 is really nice but generally unnecessary unless you do a lot of multitasking. Also if you don't have a SSD at least for your system drive being low on RAM will be literally thousands of times more painful as every swap has to wait on that drive head moving around.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
I played this game on 8 gb RAM that was 6 years old for months and never had buildings not load in. Did have an SSD the entire time, though. Only anecdotal but not having 16 gb doesn't necessarily mean you're hosed.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

lohli posted:

If you're willing to play at a lower resolution then a 580 will do ok, but only having 8GB of ram might leave you with buildings occasionally not loading in or the odd bit of stuttering/hitching.

FWIW I have 8GB of DDR3 and never get loading problems. Occasional hitches, but only one every few hours at most. It might be worse with a 580, though. The biggest thing is using an SSD.

Eleeleth
Jun 21, 2009

Damn, that is one suave eel.

22 Eargesplitten posted:

FWIW I have 8GB of DDR3 and never get loading problems. Occasional hitches, but only one every few hours at most. It might be worse with a 580, though. The biggest thing is using an SSD.

Yeah you either need 16 gb of ram or an ssd and 8. Its pretty silly. (If you have to choose at the store get the fuckin ssd!!!!)

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

Bhodi posted:

You don't just hear it, you feel each shot through your whole body as the shockwave passes, like someone slapping you on your chest but on your whole body. It's singularly unpleasant to be near a rifle at an indoor range.

Oh come on, it's not that bad.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Jarmak posted:

Oh come on, it's not that bad.

It can be depending on caliber and how close to the muzzle you are and what type of brake they have.

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

ChesterJT posted:

It can be depending on caliber and how close to the muzzle you are and what type of brake they have.

With ear pro? No it can't

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Jarmak posted:

Ear pro somehow shields your body from feeling shockwaves??

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Jarmak posted:

Ok now I know you've never been to a range.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Jarmak posted:

There was someone in the tfr general thread within the past two weeks that ended up going to a doctor because of ear issues after some guy fired an AR with a brake next to them at an indoor range. I don't think they doubled up, but they were wearing either plugs or muffs.

A few days later I was at a range and someone 4 or 5 down was firing a rifle with a brake and I was going to leave after about 5 minutes of it but they were finishing up. It was absolutely uncomfortable even not being right next to them.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

ChesterJT posted:

Ok now I know you've never been to a range.

Yeah that's grade A "I've only shot either a .22LR or nothing" right there lol

Even powder-only blanks out of a rifle produce a physical shockwave you can feel as the shooter, and also a great way to do New Years.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Yeah, I shot a gigantic (.500 S&W) revolver with a brake on it once. Even doubling up with active electronic ear pro doesn’t stop your sinuses from feeling like you just walked into a door.

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

Shima Honnou posted:

Yeah that's grade A "I've only shot either a .22LR or nothing" right there lol

Even powder-only blanks out of a rifle produce a physical shockwave you can feel as the shooter, and also a great way to do New Years.

I spent 6 years in the infantry, the majority of which I carried a 240B (or L), or manned a .50 on a truck. Yeah you can feel a pressure wave, I didn't say otherwise, I was calling out the "even through double ear protection it's just terrible!!".

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

Man people who but brakes on their rifles annoy me. They turn a relatively minor round, like 5.56, into a cannon. Its obnoxious normally, even more so at an indoor range.

I'm glad this game doesn't have hearing damage ear plugs like some ARMA missions. That was really annoying when you forgot to put them in and now your character is deaf. Same with breaking legs I guess.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Jarmak posted:

I spent 6 years in the infantry, the majority of which I carried a 240B (or L), or manned a .50 on a truck. Yeah you can feel a pressure wave, I didn't say otherwise, I was calling out the "even through double ear protection it's just terrible!!".

Yes but he was talking about more than just ears and then I said this

quote:

and you doubled down and said well not if you have earpro on! which is obviously horseshit.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I would mock anyone who shot a rifle with a brake on my property, that's some nerd poo poo

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Jarmak posted:

How much of that shooting was at an indoor range? The difference between noise at an indoor range and an outdoor range is pretty substantial - the vast majority of my shooting, for instance, is 12GA and it doesn't bother me at all. However I once was shooting at an indoor range and a dude brought his 12GA in to pattern it, I had to leave it was so drat loud.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
So I think Shroud has hit the point where at least 1/3 of the people in his matches are stream snipers throwing themselves at him.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

fknlo posted:

So I think Shroud has hit the point where at least 1/3 of the people in his matches are stream snipers throwing themselves at him.

As far as I can tell, completely unsurprisingly Bluehole's ridiculous policy to ban stream snipers had had the opposite effect of fixing that "problem"

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

fknlo posted:

he was playing with forsen and that's his gimmick. 100% of forsen's stream is being rushed by a literal army of stream snipers who coordinate via a multi-thousand member discord. He actively encourages it.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Woops.

https://clips.twitch.tv/TrappedGloriousWormFeelsBadMan

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

I don't get it? did a grenade accidentally blow up behind him?

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Herstory Begins Now posted:

he was playing with forsen and that's his gimmick. 100% of forsen's stream is being rushed by a literal army of stream snipers who coordinate via a multi-thousand member discord. He actively encourages it.

Nah, this was him playing solo earlier today.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

M_Gargantua posted:

I don't get it? did a grenade accidentally blow up behind him?

No, he went down and was executed by the squad of 3. Then my grenade blew up and killed all 3. I was hesitant about throwing it in there because my teammate was still alive while the fuse was ticking.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I finally bought this game. My second ever death was because I jumped out of a moving vehicle.

Like, comment, and subscribe.

Do The Evolution
Aug 5, 2013

but why

Star Man posted:

I finally bought this game. My second ever death was because I jumped out of a moving vehicle.

Like, comment, and subscribe.

Welcome to pubg, at least you didn't run yourself over.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Do The Evolution posted:

Welcome to pubg, at least you didn't run yourself over.

Remember kids: don't go mad air. Go responsible air.

Vetitum
Feb 29, 2008

Had a good day playing with Goons last night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer
They reset the leaderboards and once again, hackers have all the top spots. A+

• Locked thread