Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
adamarama
Mar 20, 2009
I'm really enjoying the game, it's a great sequel. It's got the same humour and the combat is more interesting. I think it captures the feel of the early episodes - the kids just want to find that drat cat and the adults create the havoc. I don't like that artefact system though. The Ubisoft club artefacts kinda break the game and are more powerful than anything else you can find.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

bunky posted:

It's been a while since Stick of Truth but I could have sworn there was a run button in that game. Casually walking everywhere is starting to annoy me.

It did. I haven't found a way to run yet, either.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Waltzing Along posted:

It did. I haven't found a way to run yet, either.

OBSIDIAN, ALL IS FORGIVEN!

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

I lost my poo poo when I heard "daaaaaance?! anybody want a daaaaaaaance?!"

Trey Parker saying ordinary words in increasingly stupid ways never stops being funny to me, for some reason. See also: they took 'er herbs!

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Tons of fun little details on this game.

When picking your race and ethnicity with PC Principal, you can choose any combination you want except with Native American. If you try to pick like, "Vietnamese Native American" he just says "nah bro that doesn't make any sense try again.

However picking anything else does work and having your pale as hell parents come into your room in a later scene and go "Son your mother and I are proud Hispanic Vietnamese people and we're sorry we didn't tell you sooner had me in stitches.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Does Mr. Mackey always calls your parents, regardless of your choice?

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Randaconda posted:

Does Mr. Mackey always calls your parents, regardless of your choice?

Yes, and the rednecks will always attack.

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
I laughed pretty goddamned hard when I got beat on for being a cis gendered boy. "We don't like your kind around here" jfc that nailed me for some reason

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

FisheyStix posted:

I laughed pretty goddamned hard when I got beat on for being a cis gendered boy. "We don't like your kind around here" jfc that nailed me for some reason

okay, i'm leaning more towards that being funny than lazy now

lotta great incidental dialogue if you pick trans girl though. "hey new kid, you've got pretty hair for a boy"

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

precision posted:

okay, i'm leaning more towards that being funny than lazy now

lotta great incidental dialogue if you pick trans girl though. "hey new kid, you've got pretty hair for a boy"

I think that dialogue is the same no matter what and possibly dependent on your outfit. I picked cis girl and they all still treat me like a boy, but say stuff like that or like how Butters frequently comments on how pretty you are “for a boy.” The boys all just think you are a boy, which is why they let you play with them in this game and the last. Cartman even changes the password to the hideout to “No Girls Allowed” after the female party member is introduced. The adults are the only ones who see and comment properly about your gender (except for like Mr. Mackey).

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Randy at the strip club.

"I WANT MY KEYS!"

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Randaconda posted:

Randy at the strip club.

"I WANT MY KEYS!"

that whole bit including the fight was amazing

ihatepants posted:

I think that dialogue is the same no matter what and possibly dependent on your outfit. I picked cis girl and they all still treat me like a boy, but say stuff like that or like how Butters frequently comments on how pretty you are “for a boy.”

ah that makes sense. i started the game with a character that just looks like me, then right before i went to see Mr Mackey i crafted the Totally Not Scarlet Witch costume and decided to be trans, and yeah i think Cartman said that after i put on one of the "girl" haircuts

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

I correctly guessed one of the passcodes and it still accuses me of being a T*m Br*dy.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Super Craig and Wonder Tweek’s new ultimate is amazing and wonderful and I wish I could understand Japanese so I’d know what they are saying. I basically had that pair and Call Girl as my main party members for the rest of the game with no regrets. In the end, Yaoi love triumphed over all. Fun game, though I sorta wished Cartman got more of a comeuppance after the poo poo he pulled as Mitch Connor.

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Finn 3:16 says I just licorice
whipped your peppermint ass

Anime_Otaku posted:

Anyone got any tips for when or how to win the Raisin’s boss fight? I can get to the last part but the large character in that wave does me in, one thing I’m going to do before I try again is sell my junk and stock up on healing and revives, if I sell a crafted costume can I build it again?
Is it the fight in the alley next to the post office ?, for me it resolved easily by rewinding her turn, after that something happens
If not, I'm not there yet, sorry! Still in the middle of day 2

Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.

jimmydalad posted:

Super Craig and Wonder Tweek’s new ultimate is amazing and wonderful and I wish I could understand Japanese so I’d know what they are saying. I basically had that pair and Call Girl as my main party members for the rest of the game with no regrets. In the end, Yaoi love triumphed over all. Fun game, though I sorta wished Cartman got more of a comeuppance after the poo poo he pulled as Mitch Connor.

Somebody on Reddit translated it:
Tweek: It’s time! Please lend me your power…!
Craig: All right… Let’s go do this together!
Both: We'll fill this world with our overflowing, combined love!
Or
Both: We'll fill this world with our overflowing love made one!

Small White Dragon fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Oct 20, 2017

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Is there a list of the songs in the game somewhere? I'm trying to find the Police battle theme, but I'm coming up short.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Super Craig's total lack of effort in his costume is very funny to me for some reason.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Zanael posted:

Is it the fight in the alley next to the post office ?, for me it resolved easily by rewinding her turn, after that something happens
If not, I'm not there yet, sorry! Still in the middle of day 2

This is what I did for that fight and I had no issues at all.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I'm watching the Coon episodes prior to playing the game and finding everything about Cthulu unfunny. Is Cthulu in this game? I hope not.

Krazuel
Nov 23, 2004

Not doing that again!

blue squares posted:

I'm watching the Coon episodes prior to playing the game and finding everything about Cthulu unfunny. Is Cthulu in this game? I hope not.

I cannot confirm or deny there being an elder god possibly in the game. not cthulu

Kaincypher
Apr 24, 2008

ihatepants posted:

I think that dialogue is the same no matter what and possibly dependent on your outfit. I picked cis girl and they all still treat me like a boy, but say stuff like that or like how Butters frequently comments on how pretty you are “for a boy.” The boys all just think you are a boy, which is why they let you play with them in this game and the last. Cartman even changes the password to the hideout to “No Girls Allowed” after the female party member is introduced. The adults are the only ones who see and comment properly about your gender (except for like Mr. Mackey).

i think maybe there are some minor changes, depending on your choices. I'm playing a bisexual cis-gendered latino irish female. Around the Coon and Friends table, I've heard chatter like "you've got some nice raisins, for a boy" or Craig's line "I'm gay, but for some reason I'm not attracted to you." Cartman's is my favorite, and probably generic "you're attractive, but not like as a man or a woman. You're like Prince."

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer
So I've picked a gender but how do I pick a sexuality? Seen it mentioned but not when/how.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy

Innerguard posted:

So I've picked a gender but how do I pick a sexuality? Seen it mentioned but not when/how.

Just keep progressing, eventually Mr. Mackey will call you in again.

Scarecow
May 20, 2008

3200mhz RAM is literally the Devil. Literally.
Lipstick Apathy
So is there a place to pick this up cheap? steam wants to charge me loving $67USD for a game I'll play once

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

One of my absolute favorite gags in the show is when the adults are revealed to have knowledge of what the kids are doing except they've also completely bought into it as 100% legitimate and real. So when you get cornered by some organized crime types at one point in the game only for one of them to go,"Oh poo poo that's Captain Diabetes! :gonk:" it just cracked me up :)

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I like all the infight banter like mosquito going too far with his shtick and grossing people out or Craig being a dick to just about everyone. I just beat the first night and everything about drunken Randy was fantastic. Captain Diabetes takes his super heroics very seriously and I am proud to be his sidekick.

I retconned the new kid into being a cis girl to see how Mr Mackey would respond and I've been getting more incidental dialogue then I expected.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Scarecow posted:

So is there a place to pick this up cheap? steam wants to charge me loving $67USD for a game I'll play once

Best Buy. 20% off.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
Has anyone ,managed to beat Morgan Freeman

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004
Just beat it. I liked the battle system a lot more than Stick of Truth, but I was kind of disappointed that there wasn't anything like Canada in this one. Aside from Mephisto's lab I guess most of the locales were pretty much just pretty plain places around the town, no alien space ships or Mr. Slave's rear end or your parents' bed while avoiding your dad's balls. Somehow the game that had time traveling shenanigans ended up being a lot less outlandish than the previous one.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Kaincypher posted:

i think maybe there are some minor changes, depending on your choices. I'm playing a bisexual cis-gendered latino irish female. Around the Coon and Friends table, I've heard chatter like "you've got some nice raisins, for a boy" or Craig's line "I'm gay, but for some reason I'm not attracted to you." Cartman's is my favorite, and probably generic "you're attractive, but not like as a man or a woman. You're like Prince."

Yeah the Prince line is my favorite.

How many ingame days is the game? I'm only on day 2, level 4 with 120 Light, I haven't even explored the top row of the town and already have 10 hours played, when I've seen people say they beat it in 12? Does it end abruptly or am I just slow?

Also is there anything in this one like the Canada part of the first game? If not, that better be DLC!

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Not sure if spoilers but was anyone else disappointed that there was no Zuckerberg fight? Given the prequel episode and how his character was portrayed I thought he'd be a shoe in for a side boss like Al Gore was in Stick of Truth :saddowns:

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
So is it possible to miss out on quests in this game because you ended a day? I’m about to go to bed on Sunday and I have my first quest open from the police. Is it gonna be gone Monday?

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
Tried it. Nope it won’t erase your quest. Pretty sure Stick of Truth would.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Do Ubisoft games go on sale on Steam? If so, I'm definitely waiting for that, as I want to play this, but the price tag is pretty ridiculous.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
I love that sometimes battles will just be interrupted by a random car.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Randarkman posted:

Do Ubisoft games go on sale on Steam? If so, I'm definitely waiting for that, as I want to play this, but the price tag is pretty ridiculous.

It has enough content to be worth full price, but yes Ubi is good about discounting their poo poo.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Is anyone else playing this over the internet via nvidia's gamstream to a macbook using moonlight? Cause I am and when its time to change into/out of the costume by rotating the l stick on my ds4, it just makes the rotating arrows come outside the circle; it doesn't actually change the costume. I have to use the a-d method instead. It can't be a common issue since I can find zero complaints about it

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Randaconda posted:

Super Craig's total lack of effort in his costume is very funny to me for some reason.

Saw in a video there is a line medieval costume craig gives about super craig costume that he didn't have very much time to come up with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

where are my goddamn keys muhfugger

• Locked thread