Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Apparently Mozart is loving good at making Stars so I guess I'll make him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

His third skill dumps 20-50 stars on you. So not consistent stargen, but if you wait for the right turn he can make some silly happen.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Thank you Emiya for giving me the last copy of Halloween princess. I was about to go insane farming the 30 ap quest. Now I can go insane on the 40 ap one instead.

Randomzx
Jul 26, 2007
Apparently Excalibur is missing, is the time upon us now?

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-41664879

Nyeehg
Jul 14, 2013

Grimey Drawer
God i'm tempted to whale for Tamamo after using her as a support a few times. From what I've seen she makes some servants ridiculously good (can see her and Vlad working really well). Only thing stopping me is a lack of disposable funds at the minute.

On the subject of 5* servants over the course of playing this game I've somehow rolled 3 Artorias. While I understand she's sub par later her NP is ridiculous right now. If she hits a weakness she outdamages Kintoki (granted his NP is level 1 but still...).

The halloween event seems much better than the dango event so far. Lots of gold apples and the shop is full of ascension items I need. Only gripe is pumpkin farming but at least it's not as tedious as farming tens of thousands of dangos.

Finally, on a completely off topic tangent, DisDisDis where is your avatar from? I'm sure I've seen it or something by the same artist before but cannot recall where for the life of me. Tried google but no dice.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Nyeehg posted:

God i'm tempted to whale for Tamamo

Nyeehg
Jul 14, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Oh I'm well aware the odds are against me. The cycle of addiction is a helluva thing :shepspends:

In all seriousness I don't plan on dropping loads on the gatcha. If the two 10 rolls I plan to pull next week don't work out I'll just focus on ascending/grailing Leonaidas.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Wouldn't just waiting for the guaranteed new years gacha be better spending, if you're going to whale at all?

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

There is no good spending in gacha

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Tae posted:

Wouldn't just waiting for the guaranteed new years gacha be better spending, if you're going to whale at all?

You can only roll once on 5 star gacha.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
The last resort is to reroll a new account if you are very desperate.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Last pumpkin drop needed for the final Maid in Halloween CE on first Guerilla quest, Halloween Princess dropped from Medusa in the Party quest. Changed my mind this event is great.

Would it still be a good idea to focus on the 30AP for better bat drops, or will in the long run the 40AP give out more per AP?

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Tae posted:

what's this, a guaranteed 5* servant gacha? Should I be keeping 30 quartz in reserve?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Nate RFB posted:

Would it still be a good idea to focus on the 30AP for better bat drops, or will in the long run the 40AP give out more per AP?
It's kinda a gamble, you could get more bat from 40, but one princess drop from 30 will save you a lot. Eitherway, you have plenty of time to get all the bats you need with 5 of those maid CE.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

U-DO Burger posted:

what's this, a guaranteed 5* servant gacha? Should I be keeping 30 quartz in reserve?

It's 30 paid quartz only. If you're unsure, go to My Items in your Room and select quartz to see how many paid quartz you have.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

I rage-rolled every last quartz I had and now I have FOUR copies of Tamamo!

cat

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

U-DO Burger posted:

It can only be rolled with paid quartz, so there's no benefit to saving free quartz for it.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Nyaa posted:

It's kinda a gamble, you could get more bat from 40, but one princess drop from 30 will save you a lot. Eitherway, you have plenty of time to get all the bats you need with 5 of those maid CE.
I have 5 copies of Halloween Princess (bought 4, got the aforementioned single drop), so I don't need a drop from the 30AP at this stage for that.

Reason to do 40AP would be for pumpkin chances, Maid in Halloween drops (though you need 2), and because it could give more bats per AP (maybe?). Other downside to this though is that, do I still equip pumpkin-boosting CEs when at this point I want to maximize bat drops?

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

I have 5 copies of Halloween Princess (bought 4, got the aforementioned single drop), so I don't need a drop from the 30AP at this stage for that.

Reason to do 40AP would be for pumpkin chances, Maid in Halloween drops (though you need 2), and because it could give more bats per AP (maybe?). Other downside to this though is that, do I still equip pumpkin-boosting CEs when at this point I want to maximize bat drops?

Number of bat drops per AP is slightly better in 30AP, but in 40AP the stacks are slightly larger and you get bonus pumpkins so unless you want to try for more Halloween Princesses 40 with +bats is probably sensible.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

NRVNQSR posted:

It can only be rolled with paid quartz, so there's no benefit to saving free quartz for it.

Lol I knew there had to be a catch

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Nate RFB posted:

Are you farming bats for cupcakes or bats for bats? Because farming the 40 AP quest for pumpkins yields more cupcakes than farming for bats. I don't think it's even necessary to farm purely for bats. You should get enough while gathering more pumpkins in the 40 ap quest. And that'll get you enough cupcakes once you buy everything you want to use pumpkins on. The only reason I can see to farm the 30 AP quest is for the CE.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Trihugger posted:

Are you farming bats for cupcakes or bats for bats? Because farming the 40 AP quest for pumpkins yields more cupcakes than farming for bats. I don't think it's even necessary to farm purely for bats. You should get enough while gathering more pumpkins in the 40 ap quest. And that'll get you enough cupcakes once you buy everything you want to use pumpkins on. The only reason I can see to farm the 30 AP quest is for the CE.
I was kind of planning on going all in on bat-boosting CEs, clear out the bat shop, then continue farming bats to convert them into cakes to clear out the cake shop. After that do any candle grinding needing to clear out that shop.

Previously this was based around the idea that I should stay in the 30AP for as long as possible to get a single H. Princess drop but I don't need that anymore.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

U-DO Burger posted:

I'll probably go for it, personally; my strategy with gatcha games is to pay them money based on how much I like them rather than to try and get something, and $30 per six months seems like a reasonably fair price for FGO.

This is of course why I never gave a dime to Puzzle and Dragon.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

U-DO Burger posted:

And only the paid portion of quartz purchases count towards that, the "bonus" quartz are counted as free. So you have to pay at least $30 to use it.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Motto posted:

And only the paid portion of quartz purchases count towards that, the "bonus" quartz are counted as free. So you have to pay at least $30 to use it.

Also if buy quartz, you spend the paid quartz first, which is pretty drat annoying.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Wuxi posted:

Also if buy quartz, you spend the paid quartz first, which is pretty drat annoying.

I'm so glad I swore off spending money on gacha games. Makes it easier to laugh at how they're designed to bankrupt you.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Wuxi posted:

Huh? Free quartz is always automatically spent before paid quartz - except on the guaranteed 5* gatcha, obviously.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

NRVNQSR posted:

Huh? Free quartz is always automatically spent before paid quartz - except on the guaranteed 5* gatcha, obviously.

I bought quartz last christmas for the paid gacha, had 60 with my leftover quartz and did a multi on the gorgon gacha, afterwards I didn't have enough paid quartz for the paid gacha anymore.

42+23 package was what I bought

Wuxi fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Oct 19, 2017

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Wuxi posted:

I bought quartz last christmas for the paid gacha, had 60 with my leftover quartz and did a multi on the gorgon gacha, afterwards I didn't have enough paid quartz for the paid gacha anymore.

Sounds like the problem Motto was talking about? If you bought the 36 quartz pack that's not enough to roll the guaranteed gatcha, because it's "25 paid + 11 free". You need to get at least the "42 paid + 23 free" pack.

I've had 1 paid quartz in my account for months and it has never been used up by any gatcha rolls.

edit: Well, I don't know what happened to you then. Perhaps it has changed? Certainly free quartz is prioritised now; it even says so in big red text on the summon screen.

NRVNQSR fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Oct 19, 2017

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
People are saying 'get Maid in Halloween first' because that allows optimal Bat grinding right? Through my gacha rolls I already have a full rack of Halloween Arrangement so is it really worth the hassle of all those pumpkins for a CE that'll be useless as soon as the event ends, which could be going instead to the Lore and some Berserker stuff?

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Pierson posted:

People are saying 'get Maid in Halloween first' because that allows optimal Bat grinding right? Through my gacha rolls I already have a full rack of Halloween Arrangement so is it really worth the hassle of all those pumpkins for a CE that'll be useless as soon as the event ends, which could be going instead to the Lore and some Berserker stuff?

If it's worth anything to you, I'm only using 1-2 of the bat CEs at most just because there so much more to spend candles on if you don't buy out the cupcake CE.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I can report from rolling in Halloween and Okeanos that my free quartz would go 0 while the paid quartz amount remained quite high, if I am to believe the numbers it's reporting at least.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I tried doing a birthday ticket, since I can't justify dropping a 10-roll even for a birthday

Mephistopheles keeps haunting me.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
I have NEVER seen a CE drop from a fight. What is this madness?

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Wuxi posted:

U-DO Burger posted:

I'm so glad I swore off spending money on gacha games. Makes it easier to laugh at how they're designed to bankrupt you.

That is definitely not the case. Free quartz is always spent first.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Argas posted:

ah well in that case I'll buy the largest quartz package brb

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

RanKizama posted:

to my understanding the CE droprate is insanely low, moreso on the repeatable quests.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Argas posted:

What's happening here is that not all quarz you buy count as paid.

Nick Biped
May 22, 2004

In the wrong hands, the stapler is a deadly weapon.

RanKizama posted:

I actually just got my first-ever CE drop from one of the A Visitor in the Dark Night stages, Maid In Halloween. So I guess it's not a myth after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I got mine from Emiya in a party quest while it took like 7 full AP bars on the 30 AP quest for gently caress all.