Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I liked the Suicide Squad in Arrow and it's a pity they all got killed off (particularly Waller, who I thought was a fun antagonistic ally for Ollie and Diggle) for the movie, especially given that the movie wasn't great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Eh, if the show gets the green list they could bring back Deadshot or Waller without much fuss.

Like I'm all for DEAD MEANS DEAD, but Arrow's far past that point.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Wheat Loaf posted:

I liked the Suicide Squad in Arrow and it's a pity they all got killed off (particularly Waller, who I thought was a fun antagonistic ally for Ollie and Diggle) for the movie, especially given that the movie wasn't great.

Yeah. If Suicide Squad had been good I'd have been fine with them turfing the Arrowverse SS for it, but for them to get ganked and then the movie turn out to be a turd, it's like :cmon:

And they're in such a weird limbo space if they want to try and walk it back and bring back Waller or Deadshot or Boomerang or, hell, even give Harley Quinn her proper Arrowverse intro, because even though no one actually liked Suicide Squad it still made a shitload of money somehow.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Deadshot was the most obvious walk backable death ever. He died offscreen in an explosion with no body. On tv no part of that means "dead."

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Bring in CCH Pounder as Amanda Waller's mom who is also named Amanda Waller.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Bring back Amanda Waller but give her an eyepatch, Kingsman style.

e: vvvv :thejoke:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Oct 19, 2017

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Deadshot and Boomerang would be easy enough to bring back. I'm pretty sure Cupid is still around. But didn't Diggle's evil brother shoot Waller in the head? I suppose there's some kind of comic book science they could use to bring her back.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

nine-gear crow posted:

Again, more signs that the DCEU is in deep poo poo going into Justice League. They've been fighting for the right just to even say the name Bruce Wayne on Arrow since day 1 and WB HQ has always told them no, their top tier heroes and villains were reserved for the movies.

If we actually see Bruce Wayne or god forbid even Batman in the Arrowverse, the DCEU is as good as :fork:'d.

If we see Bruce Wayne it drat well better be David Mazouz. He's done an amazing job, and I'd pay good money for a Gotham/Arrow crossover, though obviously they'd have to have gotham taking place on an alternate earth.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

The Lord Bude posted:

If we see Bruce Wayne it drat well better be David Mazouz. He's done an amazing job, and I'd pay good money for a Gotham/Arrow crossover, though obviously they'd have to have gotham taking place on an alternate earth.
Gotham is too good to get dragged down by the Arrowverse. :colbert:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He sucks and the show sucks.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

bobkatt013 posted:

Yeah but if its Kate Kane they would add her to add drama to the Alex/maggie storyline, or it could be the thing that brings them together they were both engaged to Maggie and it ended poorly.
If it didn't look like they're headed to an Alex/Maggie breakup, introducing Kate could be the big nasty breakup Maggie needs to put to rest before she can fully commit to Alex. That and Kate and Kara could compare notes about "their more famous cousins."

FilthyImp posted:

Kate hews a bit too close to Lena, but adorable Babs Batgirl would be a great midpoint between Kara and Guardian.

I like the symmetry of the cousins having a team up, which is a plus for Kate. Babs is always my default Batgirl, but she's getting a movie of her own so it'd be nice to see Cass or Stephanie get more exposure. Probably Cass over Stephanie simply because mostly mute assassin makes a better contrast to Kara's personality.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

bobkatt013 posted:

Yeah but if its Kate Kane they would add her to add drama to the Alex/maggie storyline, or it could be the thing that brings them together they were both engaged to Maggie and it ended poorly.

If they want Batwoman that bad, they could just use Alex, since she basically is Batwoman at this point (right down to marrying Mags, or trying to anyway).

Giving her her exosuit back and calling her Power Girl without the ridiculous costume makes more sense than making her part of the bat family, though, and even the Power Girl thing doesn't make any sense :v:

Aphrodite posted:

He sucks and the show sucks.

you suck :colbert:

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Wheat Loaf posted:

Deadshot and Boomerang would be easy enough to bring back. I'm pretty sure Cupid is still around. But didn't Diggle's evil brother shoot Waller in the head? I suppose there's some kind of comic book science they could use to bring her back.

Just rub herbs in it like that time Oliver was stabbed through the heart and pushed off a mountain.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

Argue posted:

Like Smallville's Jimmy Olsen... and his younger brother Jimmy Olsen.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Argue posted:

Warehouse 13 crossover.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

FELD1 posted:

Like Smallville's Jimmy Olsen... and his younger brother Jimmy Olsen.

We already have a precedence with Laurel and her mom.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah DC did that a good 30 years before Smallville did.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Lord Bude posted:

I know that it really doesn't mean anything but Mazouz has said he wants to do an Arrow crossover. Although I believe his idea for it would involve time travel, saying that Gotham was happening in Arrow's past.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Argue posted:

100% down for this.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Argue posted:

Nah, have it be revealed that the Waller they met was a body double/impostor the whole time and the real one was in hiding running even more covert ops.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Xelkelvos posted:

Nah, have it be revealed that the Waller they met was a body double/impostor the whole time and the real one was in hiding running even more covert ops.

This is totally the sort of thing Amanda Waller would do, though.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

So...Bruce Wayne confirmed.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Oliver teaching his kid valuable life lessons here.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
Oliver Queen: Father of the Year.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Zebulon posted:

This is totally the sort of thing Amanda Waller would do, though.

It's not any stranger than the most recent time she faked her death in the comics involving Deadshot shooting her in the heart with a magic bullet.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Did Oliver just burn that guy to death?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Christ Oliver, selfish much? What about Dig's kid huh?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Mr Mayor, if you aren't the Green Arrow, who is? - a good journalist

This FBI plotline is already terrible.

Introducing Diggle as the new jitterhands Green Arrow! :v:

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

I'm pretty sure a parent not letting their child be interogated doesn't constitute obstruction of justice.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I'm really a fan of Rene's scenes with both Lance and Oliver. They play off each other well for both the more lighthearted bits and the serious scenes.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

howe_sam posted:

Dig’s kid is only relevant when Barry’s zipping through time loving with their basic existence. Also Lyla probably has some kind of RoboDiggle LMD in a closet at ARGUS she’ll just whip out if anything happens to him.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Bruceski posted:

I'm really a fan of Rene's scenes with both Lance and Oliver. They play off each other well for both the more lighthearted bits and the serious scenes.

nine-gear crow posted:

Dig’s kid is only relevant when Barry’s zipping through time loving with their basic existence. Also Lyla probably has some kind of RoboDiggle LMD in a closet at ARGUS she’ll just whip out if anything happens to him.

wait

has dig completed his character arc, and the show would be fine without him, leaving Rene to fill his role?

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

I would love to see Bruce Wayne and Batman be introduced to Arrow and Supergirl, and then have it be revealed that they're only the same person on Earth-38. Earth-1 Waynes never died, and Bruce is an affable businessman who secretly offers support to Batman, feeling a strange kinship with him.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
The writers are cute when they try to sound techy :v:

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Oliver is back to his recurve bow.

Now i'm on board.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Bobby Digital posted:

Warehouse 13 crossover.

I miss that show. Was so fun!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

howe_sam posted:

Pfft, Dig's kid has a spare parent.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Dinah gon be piiiiiiiissed

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I didn't even realize there were no flashbacks this episode until a review mentioned it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

BreakAtmo posted:

I would love to see Bruce Wayne and Batman be introduced to Arrow and Supergirl, and then have it be revealed that they're only the same person on Earth-38. Earth-1 Waynes never died, and Bruce is an affable businessman who secretly offers support to Batman, feeling a strange kinship with him.

While I like this, I also like the idea of Ollie getting a phone call from Bruce yelling at him in the gravelly bat-voice while he just sits there with a poo poo eating grin