Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

This episode is loving amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
That sequence was really well put together. I hope they keep doing it over and over and Chidi keeps getting splattered with blood.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

THE BOOTS

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Unclear

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

but I said my bad?

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
Goddamn Ted Danson's cackle was a little bit bone-chilling.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

IT'S PIKACHU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

THIS IS THE DREAM

A Big Dark Yak
Dec 28, 2007
It's only the end of the world.

When I go to hell I hope I get that shrimp dispenser, too.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Jason and Tahani are an adorable couple.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Haha Micheal's Les Miserables essay.

A Big Dark Yak posted:

When I go to hell I hope I get that shrimp dispenser, too.

I hope yours has a better mystery flavor.

also:

Zaggitz posted:

THE BOOTS

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
OH MY GOD ANGRY CHIDI YES

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I hope yours has a better mystery flavor.

I love that she double dips.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

They really are, but I feel sorry for poor Janet.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

I was so ready to take Michael's opposite-tortures at face value until Chidi pointed out the real reasoning behind the whole thing. The show really gets its characters and their psychology. Eleanor's cynicism consistently helps her realize "oh he's torturing us" in both the loops and during the trolley problem, while Chidi's ethics helps him call out Michael's bullshit when he tries to equate gifts with apology.

What a loving genius show.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

They really are, but I feel sorry for poor Janet.

She’s breaking down because they are a couple and she kinda remembers being with Jason, right?

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

The glitches seem to happen whenever she expresses feeling happy about Jason and Tahani, so either yes, it's jealousy, or it's just a result of her developing emotions at all, which she shouldn't have.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

She’s breaking down because they are a couple and she kinda remembers being with Jason, right?

I think so; I thought she might not remember that because of the resets, but it seems like she retained something.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Tahani treating Jason like poo poo is decidedly unadorable

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
They broke Janet :stare:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

blue squares posted:

Well she is the worst of them.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Chidi's Hamilton-esque production needs more than just those two lines!

Also Janet continues to be the best.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Jet Jaguar posted:

Also Janet continues to be the best.

Perhaps twitter will grace us with alternates, much like the various shop names

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Jet Jaguar posted:

Daveed Diggs from Hamilton performed a philosophy rap in season 3 of Kimmy Schmidt, although it's deliberately badly done.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I think so; I thought she might not remember that because of the resets, but it seems like she retained something.

I'm sure part of it is as simple as she said, she's being used in ways like therapist that she's not designed for. Although certainly developing emotions like jealousy also plays a larger factor.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Ted Danson has the best evil laugh.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
James Franco's penguin grotto! hahhaahha

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Michael's solution to the trolley problem was wonderfully illustrated.

NecroMonster posted:

the actual twist is that sean (or is it shawn?)knows it's been hosed this whole time and literally just doesn't loving care

If there's a twist, this seems the most reasonable. I imagine Sean just wanted Michael and the other flunky demons out of his hair for a few centuries and Michael's sealed off "Good Place" was the best way to do that.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

That might have been the funniest episode of this show yet.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I like that they settled on Jason being the most emotionally intelligent of the four of them. I think the show's biggest weakness is when he's just a one-note dummy.

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene
The line reading by Chidi of "IN MY MOUTH!!" absolutely slayed me.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

TwoPair posted:

I'm sure part of it is as simple as she said, she's being used in ways like therapist that she's not designed for. Although certainly developing emotions like jealousy also plays a larger factor.

No, she was fine as long as she was just diagnosing them separately, it only became an issue once she had to reinforce their relationship positively. It's basically her own trolley problem, because lying seems to cause dangerous instability to the neighbourhood, thus making all four humans unhappy... but telling the truth about how she feels will also make Tahani unhappy.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Didn't Janet say earlier that every time she reboots, she adapts and grows a little bit?

I think she's glitching because she's not programmed to lie, but she's not being honest when she says she's happy for Tahani and Jason.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Ubiquitous_ posted:

The line reading by Chidi of "IN MY MOUTH!!" absolutely slayed me.

I was just about to post this. I giggled like an idiot for five solid minutes.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

blue squares posted:

The fact that she genuinely wants to not treat him badly and be a better person for him, by all appearances, balances it out imo

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
So does the fact that her worries are understandable. Jason is a nice guy, but he's as dumb as a bag of rocks and very childlike much of the time. It's not surprising that anyone would be embarrassed to be in a relationship with him really, because while he's surprisingly emotionally mature he's supremely immature in a lot of other ways. Plus, while Eleanor might get nicer, Chidi might get more decisive and Tahani might get more relatable, Jason is never getting smarter from the looks of things and it's only in this episode that he started getting any real maturity.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
mods plz rename me "James Franco's Ironic Trolley"

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

tsob posted:

So does the fact that her worries are understandable. Jason is a nice guy, but he's as dumb as a bag of rocks and very childlike much of the time. It's not surprising that anyone would be embarrassed to be in a relationship with him really, because while he's surprisingly emotionally mature he's supremely immature in a lot of other ways. Plus, while Eleanor might get nicer, Chidi might get more decisive and Tahani might get more relatable, Jason is never getting smarter from the looks of things and it's only in this episode that he started getting any real maturity.

there are literally 2 other humans in her entire universe

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

blue squares posted:

In version 2 Eleanor was assigned a demonic soulmate, so it's possible every human has also slept with a demon. Tahani could date a demon and embrace the illusion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

blue squares posted:

Of whom Eleanor would make totally sick burns for weeks on end for Tahani getting it on with Jay-Jay. Also Tahani's entire life has consisted of maintaining facades of impeccable dignity and hoity-toitiness.

• Locked thread