Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
I got a drop of Lewd Mama from the 30 AP, then I got a drop of Lewd Mama from Medusa in the Guerilla.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Been unable to connect all day, anybody else been having issues?

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Need like 8 more pumpkins to get a third Maid CE (one dropped in 40 AP), then I can get to work on bats with no regrets.

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Try enabling and disabling your wifi/airplane mode. Sometimes phones/tablets get kinda hosed.

Blight Runner
May 3, 2009

Randomzx posted:

Apparently Excalibur is missing, is the time upon us now?

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-41664879

Should be Caliburn in the stone. Excalibur was from the Lady of the Lake. :colbert:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Even with the specter of pumpkin and Halloween Princess grinding off of my back, the 40AP still kind of sucks. I've had a few runs this morning where I got nothing but candles.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Likewise, since yesterday.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

genericnick posted:

What's happening here is that not all quarz you buy count as paid.

quote:

42+23 package was what I bought

Wow, its almost as if that isn't what happened at all?

I guess they changed it, or it was bugged, since they had a bunch of problems with their quartz buying around new years.
Since I don't speak japanese I never bothered to find out what happened, I just never bought quartz again.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?
Managed to pick Yagyu on my spare JPN account. :toot: I was more interested in Danzo, but I won't complain about a cool old samurai man.

E: Also this means I still have every 4* Saber except Siegfried somehow. :v:

TheFireMagi fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Oct 20, 2017

Randomzx
Jul 26, 2007

Blight Runner posted:

Should be Caliburn in the stone. Excalibur was from the Lady of the Lake. :colbert:

Fate/complete material II: Character material - Weapons: Caliburn, p.120 posted:

In the legends, Caliburn is broken when King Arthur engages in a fight contrary to the principles of chivalry. Afterward, he receives a new sword, Excalibur, from the fairy of the lake. There is some debate about whether or not Excalibur was reforged from Caliburn, or if they were two completely different swords from the start.

Fate/complete material II: Character material - Weapons: Excalibur, p.118 posted:

Both of these swords are called “Excalibur”. However, while the sword in the stone and lady of the lake incidents were originally two separate stories, at some point they were combined into a single narrative. Because of this, the former sword became known as “Caliburn”, and the latter sword “Excalibur”.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
Rolled 40 times for Inferno Archer, ended up with Suzuka Gozen and Musashi, lol.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Saber Lilly already turned up and claimed Excalibur anyway.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/sword-found-in-excalibur-lake_us_59ae946ee4b0b5e53100b997

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Old flim prop.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

Ashsaber posted:

Try enabling and disabling your wifi/airplane mode. Sometimes phones/tablets get kinda hosed.

Switching to my data plan fixed it, not sure why when everything else seemed to be working on the wireless. Weird. Thanks!

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Nyaa posted:

Old flim prop.

It's only a model.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Vengarr posted:

It's only a model.

Shh!

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

I'm not believing the Tamamo rate-up. Second 5* and again it's not Tamamo (this time it's Jeanne).

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Well I cleaned out the event store for the rare event stuff. Now it's just farming bats/cupcakes for mats and poo poo. Kinda sucks you gotta get a lucky pull or drop for Halloween Princess CE. :/

RanKizama fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Oct 20, 2017

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The store has four copies of HP, you should only need one drop. You do need 2 drops of Maid in Halloween though I don't really see the point in LBing that one, the healing effect boost seems largely irrelevant as IIRC it only affects the holder getting healed.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Yeah, that's what I meant. Halloween Princess seems a like a very solid CE though. I'd like it topped off if possible. Trick or Treat isn't bad either for a nice 12% Debuff chance increase with both HP and ATK stat boosters.

RanKizama fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Oct 20, 2017

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Anyone who says he got Halloween Princess to drop is lying :colbert:

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
I spent something like 1000 AP on story Vlad and did not get the drop. Finally gave up yesterday.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It definitely can happen in the free quests. I haven't seen HP in the 30AP (my drop was from Medusa in one of the party quests) but Maid in Halloween dropped in one of my 40AP runs yesterday.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
So I did this:

So thanks Hallowe’en event for all these Homunculus Babies.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

Wuxi posted:

Anyone who says he got Halloween Princess to drop is lying :colbert:

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Nice try, photoshopping all these screens :smuggo:

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

Wuxi posted:

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Wuxi posted:

Right? What an rear end in a top hat. CE drops are much of a real thing as Rate Ups.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Question, is it worth it to bother getting the trick or treat CEs? They might give a decent debuffer a bit more oomph, but I feel like the scales are probably a better use of candles. Maybe get one so that I have it on hand for gimmicky charm builds or the like, see if I have enough candles at the end for the rest? Probably going to convert bats to cakes eventually to get those items, so the drop boost isn't super useful to me.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Ashsaber posted:

Question, is it worth it to bother getting the trick or treat CEs? They might give a decent debuffer a bit more oomph, but I feel like the scales are probably a better use of candles. Maybe get one so that I have it on hand for gimmicky charm builds or the like, see if I have enough candles at the end for the rest? Probably going to convert bats to cakes eventually to get those items, so the drop boost isn't super useful to me.

Their bonus cupcake drops are useless, since it is more efficient to just convert from the other drops, so it depends on if you want it for it's regular skill. I would save them for last.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

:toot: Got both things I cared about from this obvious bait gacha so bring on halloween/Shirou already.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
You don't care about historically accurate old man?

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Ashsaber posted:

Not really unless you like the Debuff boost. Running the bat multiplier CEs have a better cupcake return.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Oh look, Maid in Halloween just dropped from Siegfried! Now to hope that I get another drop of this.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Gologle posted:

You don't care about historically accurate old man?

The only husbands I'm rolling for are Shirou, and King Hassan.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Trip report: I have now farmed the 40 AP, along with doing all Guerilla quests, for pumpkins so much I completely emptied the shop of Bat items. After all that, I still have 60 pumpkins to go...but they're all Berserker pieces and monuments, and I decided gently caress it, this grind is killing my soul. I'll get back to them if and only if there is time after clearing everything else from the shop, other than Trick or Treat CE's, because those are useless.

So time to grind Vlad and do the party quests in the vain hope that the last Halloween Princess CE drops. Since I don't need bats at all anymore, I should switch all my characters to Halloween Princess right? Seems I can just exchange candles and bats for cupcakes, so no point in equipping any CE's that boost cupcake drops.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

If you're after converting to cupcakes you'd probably be better off stacking bat drop increases instead of candle increases, since Bats convert to 1:5 to cupcakes vs 1:2 for candles.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Yeah but I still need candles for their shop items. I will remember that though, for when it comes time to focus on cupcakes.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
So, the Jack O'Lantern CE says it increases damage. Is that just an attack boost, or a 'per card', or a 'per hit' effect? How does that work?

If I can slap a pumpkin onto Sasaki Kojiro's head and do 1000-2000 more damage per Brave Chain then it's a fantastic card, if not, I won't worry too much about it.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

I think flat damage boosts like Divinity and the Jack O Lantern CE are per hit, making them better on multi hit attacks.

Edit: Nope! Turns out it's just a flat bonus on total damage. a 1 hit attack will do 100 extra damage and a 10 hit attack will do 100 extra damage.

Dr Pepper fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Oct 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Disappointing! Oh well.

I just recently started playing the game so I can't easily farm Vlad or Tamamo Cat so I'll give up on getting the CE's and just make sure I have the extra copies of Halloween Liz and all the ascension candy for her.