Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

raditts posted:

edit: It only lets you move your user/save data, so it's no longer available on the original console. Goddamnit nintendo. At least video capture is still cool.

how many different switches do you need your account on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Is Tenacity a once a match thing or on some kind of secret cool down?

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time

^burtle posted:

Is Tenacity a once a match thing or on some kind of secret cool down?

Whenever your team’s active squid count is lower than the opposite team’s, it should activate.

E: “Active” means anyone not dead or disconnected. Basically anyone without an “X” through them.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Tenacity kicks in the moment you start to reform on the pad as far as I remember noticing. It adds a good amount of special when your team is struggling and dying a lot.

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.
I think I could play a lot better if I was checking the map overlay a lot more. The fact that you can see ink in real time anywhere is actually pretty big, since just about anyone going anywhere will ink stuff and reveal their location. Only issue is visually, it can be hard to orient yourself and then find your little dude the first time since the only difference is your little squid has eyes. I really wish your icon was highlighted in a different color.

Also is their any logic to which "side" you appear on in the map? It seems like it treats your position as the actual position on the map and both teams would see the same map, is that right? Whereas really, since the maps are symmetrical each player could see their side as the same left/right side regardless of which team they were on. As in, good guys are always shown spawning on the left and bad guys spawn to the right.

I mention that because the first time you look, you basically have no idea which half of the map you started on, so you have no reference until you notice which icon has the eyes. The workaround for now is to just check the map early before you need it so you are oriented.

dromer
Aug 19, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Polish Avenger posted:

I think I could play a lot better if I was checking the map overlay a lot more. The fact that you can see ink in real time anywhere is actually pretty big, since just about anyone going anywhere will ink stuff and reveal their location. Only issue is visually, it can be hard to orient yourself and then find your little dude the first time since the only difference is your little squid has eyes. I really wish your icon was highlighted in a different color.

Also is their any logic to which "side" you appear on in the map? It seems like it treats your position as the actual position on the map and both teams would see the same map, is that right? Whereas really, since the maps are symmetrical each player could see their side as the same left/right side regardless of which team they were on. As in, good guys are always shown spawning on the left and bad guys spawn to the right.

I mention that because the first time you look, you basically have no idea which half of the map you started on, so you have no reference until you notice which icon has the eyes. The workaround for now is to just check the map early before you need it so you are oriented.

I believe it rotates the map so that your spawn is always at the bottom.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
You can generally tell at a glance from the color too unless things are going very strangely

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
Pearl is the best.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Polish Avenger posted:

The maps themselves are visually asymmetrical (sunlight and background scenery), so the sides are considered distinct. The minimap when you press X will be aligned to your perspective.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I absolutely will stop for 2s to pull the map up and make sure everything is as it should be when I don't have something immediately to do in front of me. I've caught me a lot of sneaks lately.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
So there's a big glitch with the Brellas right now. Namely that people can shoot while shielding. And sadly, that's not just a visual glitch. The game treats it as if the shield is up the entire time. (It doesn't look like this at all on the user's end and this is not the result of lag.) That's definitely getting fixed next patch (And maybe a nerf as well.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYrapLOgpYo

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Post patch meta in Japan at the moment.

Looks like those buffs didn't help the Flingza or Goo Tuber. :rip:

On the plus side, it looks like long range weapons might actually be good now.

Still, the Splattershot has yet to be dethroned from being top dog.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Oct 20, 2017

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

LethalGeek posted:

Tenacity kicks in the moment you start to reform on the pad as far as I remember noticing. It adds a good amount of special when your team is struggling and dying a lot.

Comeback is extremely underrated in these circumstances imo

Owers
Nov 13, 2004

I want to be lean and mean.

Dr. Fetus posted:

Post patch meta in Japan at the moment.

Looks like those buffs didn't help the Flingza or Goo Tuber. :rip:

On the plus side, it looks like long range weapons might actually be good now.

Still, the Splattershot has yet to be dethroned from being top dog.

lmao, Aerospray RG reduced by 4.1%, I wonder why. I was expecting it to be more than that, actually.

Owers fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Oct 20, 2017

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Owers posted:

lmao, Aerospray RG reduced by 4.1%, I wonder why. I was expecting it to be more than that, actually.

Yeah, the nerf was way too reactionary and overboard. I don't know why they utterly murdered the weapon. The main weapon itself wasn't the problem. All they had to do to stop Baller spam was just increase the point cost of the RG.

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...
Just bought this game on Switch and loving it. Is there anyway to vote kick or report players? I'm average atleast one AFK player per match. Its annoying af

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

The spoken “bada bada bada” the hosts do after splatfests is still really funny

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Patch 1.4.1 is coming out.

quote:

Fixed an issue allowing Brella weapons used by opponents to shoot while their umbrellas remained open.
Fixed an issue allowing players using the Goo Tuber to store a charged shot indefinitely by charging briefly, immediately becoming a squid, then keeping the charge as long as ZL wasn’t released.
Fixed an issue allowing player to pass through the squid barrier surrounding the spawn points on Snapper Canal.

Owers
Nov 13, 2004

Bob A Feet posted:

Just bought this game on Switch and loving it. Is there anyway to vote kick or report players? I'm average atleast one AFK player per match. Its annoying af
You can block players on your Switch if you go to your Friends menu and browse the people you've played with previously. You can also report people with SplatNet 2, just download the Nintendo Switch app on your smart phone and browse your battle stats. Tap on a battle, tap on the player, tap report on the bottom of the screen. You can't do this while in battle.

Keep in mind, having players disconnect isn't unusual in this game, especially in Turf War. This game depends on peer to peer networking, not servers, and Nintendo games aren't exactly known for their stable netcode. Most of the time it isn't really the player's fault if they disconnect. Feel free to block them, but only report players if they're being really obnoxious.

Edit: I misinterpreted AFK as disconnected. You can report AFK players if you want, but I don't think it's that big of a deal outside of ranked mode.

Owers fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Oct 20, 2017

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Did they rewrite all of Marina's lines to be nicer to Pearl?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Yes.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Is there any real reason to grind out the Hero Replica weapons? Because LOL gently caress OFF.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Stan Taylor posted:

Is there any real reason to grind out the Hero Replica weapons? Because LOL gently caress OFF.

They're just reskins of existing weapon kits, so unless you really want them, nope.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Stan Taylor posted:

It's something to do while you memorize level geometry in preparation for speed runs

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Dr. Fetus posted:

Yeah, the nerf was way too reactionary and overboard. I don't know why they utterly murdered the weapon. The main weapon itself wasn't the problem. All they had to do to stop Baller spam was just increase the point cost of the RG.

The problem was that the baller special was just too resilient. You couldn't bring it down like, say, the inkjet. Before the nerf the baller was basically a Kraken with a splashdown at the end.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Rexroom posted:

The problem was that the baller special was just too resilient. You couldn't bring it down like, say, the inkjet. Before the nerf the baller was basically a Kraken with a splashdown at the end.

I wasn't disagreeing with the Baller nerfs (And that special is fine now.) The sledgehammer to the Aerosprays was what I was saying was unnecessary. Those weapons weren't great at killing, but they sure provided a ton of turf coverage. Now they have nothing.

Next stage we're getting:

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Oct 21, 2017

Owers
Nov 13, 2004

Dr. Fetus posted:

I wasn't disagreeing with the Baller nerfs (And that special is fine now.) The sledgehammer to the Aerosprays was what I was saying was unnecessary. Those weapons weren't great at killing, but they sure provided a ton of turf coverage. Now they have nothing.

Also:

Oh thank god, they moved the spawn point. That was one of my biggest gripes with skatepark, the original spawnpoint became an inescapable closet once the other team camped it.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Dr. Fetus posted:

Next stage we're getting:

Might not even be the next. That image was from some anonymous hacker who posted it on his twitter account.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Here's your drat Ranged Blaster. Comes with Suction Bombs and Ink Rain this weekend.

Big Nubbins
Jun 1, 2004
Patch 1.4.1: The Goo Tuber may now be charged while 'seabagging'.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired

Rexroom posted:

Here's your drat Ranged Blaster. Comes with Suction Bombs and Ink Rain this weekend.

There's my drat Ranged Blaster.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Takoluka posted:

how many different switches do you need your account on

Two

My kids like to do turf war / salmon run with me and each other, and it would be nice if I could just copy the goddamn save data for the one game rather than having to do some user transfer ritual, but I guess I'll deal.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Yeah, and they also significantly upped her corporate shill game re: Grizzco ads recently.

raditts fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Oct 20, 2017

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

raditts posted:

Two

My kids like to do turf war / salmon run with me and each other, and it would be nice if I could just copy the goddamn save data for the one game rather than having to do some user transfer ritual, but I guess I'll deal.

I understand the idea here, but you can barely do this on a PS4 these days. On PS4, you can only put your account on two consoles, only the primary PS4 can have your games accessible to any user, and I don't believe any online game will let you party up with yourself, especially not using two different saves for the same account (I can't actually confirm this one). It's not just a matter of "copying over save data." It's an extra set of hoops that the gaming market doesn't really want you to go through.

If you already have two Switches, you might as well just grab a second copy of the game for what you're trying to accomplish, especially since you don't need any significant in-game progress to do Turf War or Salmon Run.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Takoluka posted:

I understand the idea here, but you can barely do this on a PS4 these days. On PS4, you can only put your account on two consoles, only the primary PS4 can have your games accessible to any user, and I don't believe any online game will let you party up with yourself, especially not using two different saves for the same account (I can't actually confirm this one). It's not just a matter of "copying over save data." It's an extra set of hoops that the gaming market doesn't really want you to go through.

If you already have two Switches, you might as well just grab a second copy of the game for what you're trying to accomplish, especially since you don't need any significant in-game progress to do Turf War or Salmon Run.

... I have two copies of the game, how else do you think we are playing together

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here, having your account on multiple consoles / being able to freely copy your save data goes back at least as far as the Xbox 360. I'm almost positive it was the same on the PS3, so that sounds like a step backward for the PS4. You can even freely copy save data on the 3DS and Wii U, the two Nintendo consoles directly preceding the Switch, granted those have the additional System Transfer hurdle to deal with if you want to use your account on another console.

The only restriction the Switch even has on having the actual account on multiple consoles is that you can only access your eshop content from one console at a time. (I haven't actually tried playing the game with the same user on two different consoles at the same time, but I imagine you wouldn't be able to join yourself in an online match, since you can't friend yourself.) The new feature is better than nothing since it means you don't have to start your games over from scratch on a different console, but it's still dumb that you have to copy over all your data and remove it from the original in order to do that, and it still doesn't solve the issue of not being able to back your saves up in case your switch gets broken / stolen.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Do you get some kind of bonus for not using your special in Salmon Run? I've had game after game where we've barely won and after the last wave everyone else activates their specials

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Do you get some kind of bonus for not using your special in Salmon Run? I've had game after game where we've barely won and after the last wave everyone else activates their specials

No.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Range Blaster is coming out today.

Longer range before popping, but lower firing rate. Suction Bombs and Ink Storm.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Nothing but the joy of using your specials in celebration at the end.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

The Kins posted:

Range Blaster is coming out today.

Longer range before popping, but lower firing rate. Suction Bombs and Ink Storm.

Gun Fieri

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

I can hear the towers falling already.