Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

VolticSurge posted:

It was... until it suddenly switched protagonists. Sarah Silverman was so loving insufferable.

God THANK YOU FOR THIS. I couldn't stand that little girl and didn't even realize why until I saw the credits and noticed it was her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

obvious pretool
I'm not saying that the article is untruthful, but Cartoon Brew DOES have a number of issues regarding accuracy and truthfulness. They spend a lot of energy on creating controversy for clickbait and even if the article is truthful they have a history of being harmful to whatever parties are being affected by it.

I'm not saying doubt this, for the record. I don't doubt it's truthfulness. But CB is a pretty awful site.

Nodosaur fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Oct 18, 2017

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
there's a whole thread but here's what stood out
https://twitter.com/Jeraspat/status/920477658181386240

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

SlothfulCobra posted:

The problem was that the people of the building didn't really get any comeuppance or acknowledge that they did Ralph wrong, Felix just wound up talking them into not being complete dicks to their coworker for mostly unrelated reasons.
While true, they kind of realize that they're hosed without him doing the poo poo job and making their lives workable.

That's all kind of secondary to Ralph realizing that he won't be The Hero in the story, but he was able to help Vanellope realize her potential. That's what the whole "catching a glimpse" before being tossed over is for.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

That would make sense for the company to try and keep it under wraps until they can definitively ascertain the validity of the claims with their legal team (such as getting a hold of any evidence and making sure they have something airtight to let him go over). Getting scooped is a problem and the worst part is that, if CB was wrong, they're so small that the blowback would be minimal, so it's all risk for Nick to try and make an early statement and no risk for CB.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

raditts posted:

I didn't feel it was "generic" at all, it was a fun movie with cute characters that doesn't deserve all these paragraphs of vitriol. That said, having last seen it when it came out, I could barely tell you anything about the plot, and I admittedly forgot it existed until now.

It's not vitriol, I don't hate the movie at all. I think it's just a new high-water mark in what a medicore, sort of pleasant animated children's movie is. It's not like Angry "Uh, racism is good, actually" Birds; it's just a movie that's there.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

That or Nick's investigation will be influenced by Nick's desire to not have one of their few new successful shows to get tarnished by this kind of scandal. Just because "there's an investigation being done by the company" about this doesn't mean that it's being done in good faith or will ever rock the boat enough to take down the powerful. Just look at the Weinstein and Cosby cases and you can see how these investigations by authorities can be used to protect the abusers rather than the victims. So maybe CB leaking it puts public pressure that would otherwise be absent.

Neeksy fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Oct 19, 2017

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Well, at least the harassment allegations are only about messaging, not even up to dick pics. It may be at the level where just punishment without full dismissal may fix the issue.

I may just be jaded from all the more severe allegations of sexual harassment towards people recently.

Edit: VVV Okay, 12 is pretty well past the line. One incident is something that you can recover past, but...jeez. VVVV

SlothfulCobra fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Oct 20, 2017

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Update: Savino has been fired, after 12 separate harassment reports were sent in:

http://deadline.com/2017/10/the-loud-house-creator-chris-savino-fired-nickelodeon-sexual-harassment-allegations-1202191786/

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
I'm shocked, shocked, that a man who wrote Eddy Puss would harass women

Kaliedoscope
Dec 8, 2013

Of course, /co/ is melting down over this.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

So that's like the fourth or fifth show that's basically ended or announced its end this year on CN?

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

The quality of TLH can only improve as a result of this.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Waffleman_ posted:

So that's like the fourth or fifth show that's basically ended or announced its end this year on CN?

Yeah. Regular Show and Uncle Grandpa ended. Adventure Time's ending in 2018, Gumball's got one season left after the current one and could end in 2018 or 2019 depending on how long they drag it out. They've got a lot of shows lined up for 2018 though: Summer Camp Island, Apple & Onion, Craig of the Creek, and The Heroic Quest of the Valiant Prince Ivandoe.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Pakled posted:

Yeah. Regular Show and Uncle Grandpa ended. Adventure Time's ending in 2018, Gumball's got one season left after the current one and could end in 2018 or 2019 depending on how long they drag it out. They've got a lot of shows lined up for 2018 though: Summer Camp Island, Apple & Onion, Craig of the Creek, and The Heroic Quest of the Valiant Prince Ivandoe.

I was also counting Powerpuff Girls seemingly being silently taken behind the barn and Cloudy coming and going in like a month.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Pakled posted:

That's a bummer because Summer Camp Island and Apple & Onion look ghastly and the other two I don't have a lot of faith in. Craig of the Creek might be good, not sure about Ivandoe.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Pakled posted:

Actually Gumball hasn't been announced as ending, although the creator is leaving after the next season

Waffleman_ posted:

I was also counting Powerpuff Girls seemingly being silently taken behind the barn and Cloudy coming and going in like a month.

Actually it got renewed for a third season about a week or two after the Bliss special aired

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

drrockso20 posted:

Actually Gumball hasn't been announced as ending, although the creator is leaving after the next season

Actually it got renewed for a third season about a week or two after the Bliss special aired

Where is it airing? Boomerang? Exclusively online? It certainly isn't on CN.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

raditts posted:

Well the second season hasn't finished yet for one thing, and also CN barely airs it

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

DoubleCakes posted:

That's a bummer because Summer Camp Island and Apple & Onion look ghastly

I'm curious about SCI, but that's mainly because a good chunk of the crew is gonna be former Adventure Time people

raditts posted:

once a week with no reruns

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

drrockso20 posted:

WHAT THE gently caress

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

drrockso20 posted:

How and why, holy poo poo CN let it die.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Is the merch really selling or something?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
What kind of merch is there? Because if it's clothes and poo poo I bet they probably are making decent cash, however I'd also bet there's more people buying stuff out of nostalgia for the old show than having the slightest bit of interest in the new one.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

The Ayshkerbundy posted:

I'm curious about SCI, but that's mainly because a good chunk of the crew is gonna be former Adventure Time people

Oh so it really is an original?, because the name makes it sounds like another poo poo piece for the giant poo poo pile that is Total Drama Island.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

TwoPair posted:

What kind of merch is there? Because if it's clothes and poo poo I bet they probably are making decent cash, however I'd also bet there's more people buying stuff out of nostalgia for the old show than having the slightest bit of interest in the new one.

I've seen like, some toys.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
The Loud House on the Left

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

drrockso20 posted:

You got a press release for this? I did some digging and I can't find any mention of a renewal.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

PhazonLink posted:

Oh so it really is an original?, because the name makes it sounds like another poo poo piece for the giant poo poo pile that is Total Drama Island.

That's what I thought too, but then I figured there's no way they're still making that terrible loving show. I looked it up and fortunately I was right.

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

drrockso20 posted:

Gumball taught me the value of friendship:

https://youtu.be/yXxQxylU9L0

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

TwoPair posted:

There's toys in Walmart and Toys R Us (along with Funko Pops), a BUNCH of stuff in Hot Topic (and probably Spencer's), haven't seen anything in Target.

Oh. and LEGO Dimensions recently released toys for their game featuring the new PPG, their world, Mojo Jojo, and I think Octi.

ThermoPhysical fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Oct 21, 2017

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

raditts posted:

That's what I thought too, but then I figured there's no way they're still making that terrible loving show. I looked it up and fortunately I was right.

Actually Total Drama has another season of some type in production. The last season was the Amazing Race Parody back in 2015.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Remember Bulk from Power Rangers?

This is him now.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

Remember Bulk from Power Rangers?

This is him now.

What show is that from?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Larryb posted:

What show is that from?

It's from Power Rangers HyperForce, an officially licensed Power Rangers tabletop stream that's beginning on Tuesday on Hyper RPG. It's set 16 years after Time Force and follows a group of students at the Time Force police academy, with Jen as their teacher. In addition to Paul, Ninja Steel's Peter Sudarso is going to be a player, as well as noted voice actress Christina Vee.

There's more information here, including information from the TwitchCon panel earlier tonight.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Oct 21, 2017

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I'll always love that Skull is now a professor (at least he can use the title theoretically If I haven't misunderstood the qualifications) - his actor, Jason Narvy, got a PhD in Theatre Studies.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
I rediscovered Men In Black and the intro is still pretty dope:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwP4vSfjygY

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
I always wanted a clean, extended version of that theme.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
The first two episodes of Miraculous season 2 were great, dorky, goofy fun. Looks like they're going in pretty firmly with serialisation this time, and the fakeout early in 'The Collector' was really well done. Ha ha, bet you thought you were so clever for thinking Adrien's dad was Hawk Moth. Sucker! Oh wait, HA HA gently caress YOU, HE REALLY loving IS! AND LOOK AT ALL THE CLUES RIGHT IN YOUR FACE THAT YOU MISSED ALL THE WAY THROUGH SEASON 1, SMARTASS!

The big fight in 'Collector', with more and more of the house disappearing as it went on, was one of the best the show's done. And the Marinette/Adrien stuff in 'Despair Bear' had me grinning like an idiot even though I know it's the most ludicrously cartoonish crush ever committed to TV (and not just because it's, y'know, a cartoon).

Small Strange Bird fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Oct 22, 2017