Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Who What Now posted:

I hate to break it to you but monkey-cheese style wackiness still isn't funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPMDCJrRpT8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

Milo and POTUS posted:

Post more of the bitchy animal roommates

Pastry of the Year posted:

You can do whatever you want in life.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Nope, still anti-comedy.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤

iguanamouth is really, really good at this whole comics thing.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Who What Now posted:

Nope, still anti-comedy.

It was originally a lovely anti-trans/anti-SJW copypasta that became popular on Reddit and then really took off on 4chan.
http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/i-sexually-identify-as-an-attack-helicopter

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

Squidster posted:

iguanamouth is really, really good at this whole comics thing.

Just a reminder that these are fictional cartoons and please do not put literal garbage into your eye socket

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Serge Painsbourg
Jul 26, 2016

There were plenty of cartoons for perverts back then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qd8bpo8Ls4Q

Edit: Working video.

Serge Painsbourg has a new favorite as of 17:17 on Oct 20, 2017

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

Serge Painsbourg posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPbYVvakrk

Like this unavailable one

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
If you'll excuse me I'm gonna jack off to this staticky screen that says the video is unavailable.

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":
unavailability is the only thing that turns my wife on these days

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Every time this is posted, I read it in the voce of Jimmy Stewart.

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm

:3:

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Serge Painsbourg posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qd8bpo8Ls4Q

Edit: Working video.

Haye's Code set back western animation, so Japan had to take up the mantel of horny cartoons.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

This is a really competent animatic and about 1000% more understandable than the comic it's based on.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

I'm ANGRY! ANGRY about VIDEOGAMES!

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

The guy with the emotionally reactive dying succulent on his head is actually extremely bald, like, placenta-slick baby bald

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

The guy with the emotionally reactive dying succulent on his head is actually extremely bald, like, placenta-slick baby bald

IRL Phil Fish looks a lot like this "imagining" of him, which is hilarious when you see both of them in Indie Game: The Movie.

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017
The art just keeps getting worse and worse. I suppose I should be jealous that they can phone it in this blatantly and still make a ton of money.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Fantastic Flyer posted:

The art just keeps getting worse and worse. I suppose I should be jealous that they can phone it in this blatantly and still make a ton of money.

woah woah woah, let's not just ignore how lovely the writing is too

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
how does his hair go underneath his eyebrows?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

vyelkin posted:

how does his hair go underneath his eyebrows?

Very carefully.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
If the comic is just one person saying a thing, why make it a comic?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Rolo posted:

If the comic is just one person saying a thing, why make it a comic?

It's the old one-two: writing so bad it distracts from the art, and art so bad it distracts from the writing.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003
HOLY SHIT I JUST WON'T SHUT UP ABOUT BIRDS IN CAGES. DID YOU KNOW PUTTING BIRDS IN CAGES MAKES YOU LITERALLY WORSE THAN HITLER? CAUSE IT DOES AND I WILL MAKE SURE YOU KNOW. I ALSO WANT YOU TO KISS YOURSELF IF YOU EVER THINK ABOUT PUTTING A BIRD IN A CAGE.
Not the vapours.....

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

I enjoy my comic with some sort of visual humor. Otherwise, what's the point of a comic? Are you that much of a pussy and self-centered bitch that you can't write your lovely opinion as text and have to use a visual medium to get it across?

CAD is a masterwork when it comes to that.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Michaellaneous posted:

I enjoy my comic with some sort of visual humor. Otherwise, what's the point of a comic? Are you that much of a pussy and self-centered bitch that you can't write your lovely opinion as text and have to use a visual medium to get it across?

CAD is a masterwork when it comes to that.

I don't really feel this. Could you possibly express this in comic form? Try to have it come from the mouth of someone who represents all you secretly wish you were but aren't.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I don't really feel this. Could you possibly express this in comic form? Try to have it come from the mouth of someone who represents all you secretly wish you were but aren't.

Posting goatse gets you banned, tho..

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I have no idea what any of this means so I looked up the Patrick sodaland guy and I guess a division of EA that was going to make a Star Wars game closed and really who gives a poo poo

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Penny Arcade's art is basically Gabe being super bored with it and just doing new poo poo.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

I just printed out twenty of these and hid them all over the store I work at, behind stock, between books, inside one of the paper book bags

they're gonna be digging this out from behind Funko Pop figures in the 2030s

uvar
Jul 25, 2011

Avoid breathing
radioactive dust.
College Slice

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I get that drawing characters face-on can be hard, and many comics have their own unique style, but surely that lump on his head could have been handled better? I didn't even have to go back that far to find a more sensible version.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

tardwrangler posted:

Not the vapours.....

Oh no, the vapours!

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Push El Burrito posted:

Penny Arcade's art is basically Gabe being super bored with it and just doing new poo poo.

I get the feeling that the Penny Arcade comic survives as a vestigial organ to the wider PAX Establisment I would be suprised if it has a large base of regular readers, and Gabe and Tycho don't seem to care about it anymore

My personal bullshit theory is the copyright being tide up in the comic, so they essentially have to keep doing it to protect their brand.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Absurd Alhazred posted:

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Comptroll The Forums posted:

I have no idea what any of this means so I looked up the Patrick sodaland guy and I guess a division of EA that was going to make a Star Wars game closed and really who gives a poo poo

People who spend millions of dollars on Star Wars games probably

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Oh no spoon eye!

Schlub Husband
Jan 13, 2008

*hic*
Lipstick Apathy

Dreddout posted:

I assumed this was gonna be Loss and got real disappointed

Fear not, friend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbqz839BvHk

T'was made by a fellow goon, no less

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Dreddout posted:

I get the feeling that the Penny Arcade comic survives as a vestigial organ to the wider PAX Establisment I would be suprised if it has a large base of regular readers, and Gabe and Tycho don't seem to care about it anymore

My personal bullshit theory is the copyright being tide up in the comic, so they essentially have to keep doing it to protect their brand.

goonsay but you mean trademarks. you can lose a trademark if you dont maintain it but copyrights will be protected regardless (probably perpetually if they keep extending)

esr_last_supper_no_women.png

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Schlub Husband posted:

Fear not, friend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbqz839BvHk

T'was made by a fellow goon, no less