Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Also when will we be able to insta-switch weapons?

When you start using http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Speed_Holster and its friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Prel posted:

Thanks, exactly the info I was looking for. Anywhere particularly good for leveling up baby frames? I still have a bunch I farmed when I was playing before that are sitting at like 0-10.
Before I unlocked Hydron on Sedna I used Malva on Venus, which is Dark Sector Survival. You'll *usually* end up with people there for the same reason and go like 20-30 mins per session.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Okay clan invite just gonna start working on banshee.... ohhhhhhh I need a key cool.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

DoombatINC posted:

They broke the health orb drops months ago and, while they're aware of it, they haven't fixed it :downs:

Not months, years. it broke around void being introduced I think.

Fallorn
Apr 14, 2005

Sandweed posted:

You can get a free Vectis Prime from watching Twitch. Thanks for the weapon slot DE.

I got fireworks and a mask for a sent I already had.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I left my twitch on last night and it switched to someone playing something dumb. I got 2 glyphs that don't appear in my inventory, a latron BP, and some statue?

Hopefully I got an affinity booster from leaving it on today

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Fallorn posted:

I got fireworks and a mask for a sent I already had.

You can use that mask on any sentinel.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
It looks like all my focus lenses vanished off the weapons I had them on, so I need to get new ones now?
Oh wait I see they all got removed, ok thats good.

Dreadwroth fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Oct 19, 2017

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I left my twitch on last night and it switched to someone playing something dumb. I got 2 glyphs that don't appear in my inventory, a latron BP, and some statue?

Hopefully I got an affinity booster from leaving it on today

The Glyphs are decorations for the inside of your ship.

I left 20 streams running overnight and woke up to 256 mails. Look for people who are new to the game, as they will have more achievements to unlock. There was one guy who was just farming achievements and making new accounts every 30 minutes or so.

Selling Latron blueprints has become my primary source of income.

metasynthetic
Dec 2, 2005

in one moment, Earth

in the next, Heaven

Megamarm

Avulsion posted:

The Glyphs are decorations for the inside of your ship.

I left 20 streams running overnight and woke up to 256 mails. Look for people who are new to the game, as they will have more achievements to unlock. There was one guy who was just farming achievements and making new accounts every 30 minutes or so.

Selling Latron blueprints has become my primary source of income.

Name of said new account making guy?

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Sandweed posted:

You can use that mask on any sentinel.
I think they meant that that they already had the mask.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

metasynthetic posted:

Name of said new account making guy?

Offline now but here you go:

https://go.twitch.tv/weebology

He was playing all night.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Duck and Cover posted:

Okay clan invite just gonna start working on banshee.... ohhhhhhh I need a key cool.

Yell at someone in clanchat to invite you to the dojo. Works just fine for trading, don't see why it wouldn't work for grabbing blueprints.

Unless, of course, :de: happens.
I'm full of poo poo, what else is new

Rainuwastaken fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Oct 19, 2017

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

You can not be invited to your own clan dojo.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Maybe I'm dumb but how are you guys just "leaving streams on"? I've been opening streams and then minimizing chrome and havent gotten anything at all to drop in the last few days. It feels like the streams are turning themselves off at some point?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Xun posted:

Maybe I'm dumb but how are you guys just "leaving streams on"? I've been opening streams and then minimizing chrome and havent gotten anything at all to drop in the last few days. It feels like the streams are turning themselves off at some point?

would like to know as well because thats what im going to be doing

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Xun posted:

I just set stream quality to 160p and open a bunch of tabs in a dedicated window, then minimize it.

You haven't gotten anything at all? Are you logged into twitch, and is your twitch account linked to your warframe account? Are you using a browser extension like The Great Suspender, which suspends background tabs to save on memory? You only get drops when the streamer unlocks an achievement in game, so if you are watching a veteran player who already has everything unlocked you won't get anything once they finish doing all the new achievements that came with PoE.

chanza
Apr 25, 2010

bbcisdabomb posted:

I have no idea how people do that quest so quickly. I was MR 11 before I started War Within and I still felt a bit underpowered.

It was a bit of a challenge for some parts (the Battalyst & Stalker fights in the second dream were rough), but it helps that those quests were really interesting and well-told. I still have a bunch of unfinished earlier quests, like the one from Cephalon Simaris, because they're not particularly gripping.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Stalker keeps doing tremendous amounts of damage to me and ending the fight super fast whenever he shows up. How do I kill this rear end in a top hat?

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

wiegieman posted:

Stalker keeps doing tremendous amounts of damage to me and ending the fight super fast whenever he shows up. How do I kill this rear end in a top hat?

First, know that he'll send the transmissions before popping in. After the third ("Your sentence is death!"), he'll spawn in very close to you, usually right behind you - look for the cloud of mist. Next, once he's spawned, constantly be moving while throwing the kitchen sink at him. Don't stop moving, don't stop attacking.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

DoombatINC posted:

First, know that he'll send the transmissions before popping in. After the third ("Your sentence is death!"), he'll spawn in very close to you, usually right behind you - look for the cloud of mist. Next, once he's spawned, constantly be moving while throwing the kitchen sink at him. Don't stop moving, don't stop attacking.

Also, tell your team he's there. He'll focus on you and they can gently caress him up, too.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

not the WORST riven challenge I've seen but get 3 killing blows on sentients while sliding isn't exactly my favorite

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Rainuwastaken posted:

Most of the new focus things are still terrible, because they're tied to operators (which are terrible for anything that isn't sentient fighting).
I mean, I'd argue that operators are still pretty terrible for fighting the eidolon, we just don't have a choice.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Avulsion posted:

I just set stream quality to 160p and open a bunch of tabs in a dedicated window, then minimize it.

You haven't gotten anything at all? Are you logged into twitch, and is your twitch account linked to your warframe account? Are you using a browser extension like The Great Suspender, which suspends background tabs to save on memory? You only get drops when the streamer unlocks an achievement in game, so if you are watching a veteran player who already has everything unlocked you won't get anything once they finish doing all the new achievements that came with PoE.

I got drops the first day I did so, but I thought you were supposed to get drops every hour of watching stream? I got like 6 mails and never had any more arrive despite leaving 5 streamers on and minimized for like 3 days. Unless chrome suspends tabs automatically I dont think I have anything that does that00

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Xun posted:

I got drops the first day I did so, but I thought you were supposed to get drops every hour of watching stream? I got like 6 mails and never had any more arrive despite leaving 5 streamers on and minimized. Unless chrome suspends tabs automatically I dont think I have anything that does that

You don't get anything unless they get an achievement. If you're watching the big, popular streamers, they probably burned through all of the PoE achievements in a day or two and now there's nothing left for them to unlock. You don't need to watch Warframe Partners to get drops from achievements, any random newbie will do.

https://go.twitch.tv/directory/game/Warframe

Go down the list and open a tab for every streamer that says they're new to the game, until your computer runs out of memory and cpu capacity. Go do something else for an hour, and come back to shitloads of free fireworks.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I want to buy the Halloween skins but it warns me I don't own the items. My question: Do I get the skins and I can use them after I get the items, or does it throw my money away and any skins for things I don't own just vanish?

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I built a Panthera for shits n giggles, hope it's fun at least.

Pastry Mistakes
Apr 6, 2009

So uhhh, is there a goon clan? Because I checked out the in game menu and it basically told me to gently caress off and make my own.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

wiegieman posted:

To add to what others have said, mark him as he's making his appearance. This will help in keeping track of him if many things are happening, and it's another way to get your squad's attention if you don't have a chance to type something out.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Pastry Mistakes posted:

So uhhh, is there a goon clan? Because I checked out the in game menu and it basically told me to gently caress off and make my own.
The OP has some useful information in it, my friend.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

clone on the phone posted:

I built a Panthera for shits n giggles, hope it's fun at least.

It's not for everyone but it's pretty satisfying to me. I got a riven for it so it fares well even in Sorties. My only problem is they treat the projectiles like a hammer so you get to ragdoll enemies instead of gibbing them.

If you somewhat enjoyed the Miter, Pantera is the full auto version of it.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I guess after seeing the PoE previews I''m sort of disappointed because I rivened a couple of weapons specifically for high level content and it's more focused on grinding for operator stuff.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

The highest tier of bounties is around Level 60 iirc and the Teralyst itself can take a beating unless you go for Chroma shenanigans, so you won't be completely disappointed in that regard.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

I want to buy the Halloween skins but it warns me I don't own the items. My question: Do I get the skins and I can use them after I get the items, or does it throw my money away and any skins for things I don't own just vanish?

You will have the skin waiting for you in your inventory when you get the item.

Zandracon
Oct 21, 2010
so is DE letting us keep the pumpkinhead this year

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

Just an FYI, weebology is back speedrunning on Twitch and is now on his 24th account to farm out quick drops for everyone.

Edit: He's currently ticking at 16 achievements every 30 minutes.

Tornhelm fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Oct 20, 2017

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Tornhelm posted:

Just an FYI, weebology is back speedrunning on Twitch and is now on his 24th account to farm out quick drops for everyone.

Edit: He's currently ticking at 16 achievements every 30 minutes.
Thanks for the heads up, link for the lazy.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
woke up to 140k in Latron blueprints

I like this dumb event

sepia
Apr 15, 2005
bleach then tone
The best part of running 20+ streams all the time is that I finally get enough nitain to build all the weird masks

5 nitain for a mask for nezha, a frame I rarely play? sure whynot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Night10194 posted:

Also, tell your team he's there. He'll focus on you and they can gently caress him up, too.

I actually think he's auto-tagged with the Enemy marker now, too. That helps a great deal.