Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

I wish Belcher had gone farther in his career. He had some really cool fights and looked so good in that Palhares fight, only to retire two fights later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Queering Wheel posted:

I wish Belcher had gone farther in his career. He had some really cool fights and looked so good in that Palhares fight, only to retire two fights later.

loving bisping :mad:

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
Also of note, Artem Lobov will be going 14-14 after his fight this weekend, finally acheiving his goal of the true 1:1 ratio.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

That guy actually headlined a ppv lol. His fight with Chris Avila is so pathetic to me because Avila appeared to have zero power and Lobov still looked timid.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

LobsterMobster posted:

:mad::hf::mad:

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

CommonShore posted:

The more time passes, the more we know about Palhares's career, and the more jiu jitsu I learn, the more appreciation I get for this fight. Belcher should get some kind of greatest performances of all time trophy for it.

yeah it was super impressive. belcher is cool

Cyber Dog
Feb 22, 2008

staph chat: i have it. three days ago, my opponent pulled out of our fight on november 4th (headlining ammy muay thai card). today, i find out i definitely have staph. in my face. im really bummed

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Good luck, hope you don't get a big hole in your face (if you do post pics).

Cyber Dog
Feb 22, 2008

CRISPYBABY posted:

Good luck, hope you don't get a big hole in your face (if you do post pics).

Just some slightly yucky impetigo, which should go away with the anitbiotics. But i hate being on antibiotics; they're incredibly fatiguing and you can't drink (the one silver lining of a fight falling through is being able to stay up late drinking with friends again). So it loving sucks. If I develop any holes, they'll be well documented

mewse
May 2, 2006

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

LobsterMobster posted:

This is how/why my opinion of Bisping is shaped to this day.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1EGoM9LbU4

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

mewse posted:

God that was nerve-wracking waiting for Palhares to destroy his leg

Yeah, but it's one of my favorite endings to a fight. gently caress palhares, gently caress bisping, but also bisping owns now

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
Anyone got footage of Marquadt dropping that bomb on palhares after palhares complained about greasing? I don't have fight pass (spent all my money on foot cream so I can be like chad $)

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

CommonShore posted:

The more time passes, the more we know about Palhares's career, and the more jiu jitsu I learn, the more appreciation I get for this fight. Belcher should get some kind of greatest performances of all time trophy for it.

Doing jiu jitsu really made me appreciate just how good most of these guys are. Their ability to think ahead, anticipate the next move and learn from prior experiences in the same fight is astounding to me. I wish I had those instincts.

The Belcher fight is also cool because the stakes are so much higher than usual. Palhares is such a shithead that he might actually give you a life-altering, career-ending injury even after you tap.

Palhares is up there with Jon Jones in the category of "I wish you weren't such a bad person so I could root for you because drat you're an entertaining fighter."

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Remember when Busta came out and said yeah I think he's actually retarded

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Cyber Dog posted:

they're incredibly fatiguing and you can't drink

You're in luck.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Palhares had some of the dumbest moments in MMA history (Marquardt, Belcher, Miller) but he was arguably the most dangerous grappler in UFC history.

He loving tapped Jake Shields who easily outgrappled Maia. Woulda liked to see what Demian could do from his back against Palhares.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

tesilential posted:

Palhares had some of the dumbest moments in MMA history (Marquardt, Belcher, Miller) but he was arguably the most dangerous grappler in UFC history.

He loving tapped Jake Shields who easily outgrappled Maia. Woulda liked to see what Demian could do from his back against Palhares.

Jake might have been concerned about his gouged and bleeding eyes to properly defend the submission

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

LobsterMobster posted:

Jake might have been concerned about his gouged and bleeding eyes to properly defend the submission

lol, Forgot about that as I didn't watch live and didn't pay attention to the whole fight. That was some egregious poo poo but I just rewatched and that kimura was slick as hell and he didn't get dirty with it til after he won lol

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Cyber Dog posted:

Just some slightly yucky impetigo, which should go away with the anitbiotics. But i hate being on antibiotics; they're incredibly fatiguing and you can't drink (the one silver lining of a fight falling through is being able to stay up late drinking with friends again). So it loving sucks. If I develop any holes, they'll be well documented

Holy gently caress man, I'm sorry.

Take that medicine like your life depends on it. MRSA comes next, and that poo poo will kill you or leave you half stupid.

Edit - Belcher retired on a hosed up eye, right?

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

LobsterMobster posted:

it's neat how the same ocular damage was eventually visited upon him

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Bisping cried foul over a TRT'd Vitor head kicking him cross-eyed, but hosed up Belcher's career by eye-gouging him

gently caress Bisping

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
What's this I hear about Khalabeeb and Barboza at New Year's? That would be a sick fight

if it ever eventuates

it won't

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

LobsterMobster posted:

That and you have to shoot a horse in the head if it breaks a leg.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

2013 alan belcher could have defeated 2013 anderson silva

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

anyone find it weird weidman's career went south once usada took over drugtesting

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

gif Probst posted:

anyone find it weird weidman's career went south once usada took over drugtesting

Nope, he was on steroids.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
That just reminded me how loving dumb it is the UFC lost Mousasi

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll

willie_dee posted:

Lol

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
I miss Mousasi and Rory but can't think of anyone else that left for bellator that I really want to see against the current ufc roster

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Novum posted:

I miss Mousasi and Rory but can't think of anyone else that left for bellator that I really want to see against the current ufc roster

bendo man

Cart Mountain
Nov 1, 2004

joey "the mexicutioner" beltran vs. black beast.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

willie_dee posted:

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

nah

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Bendo's run in Bellator so far has shown that he was absolutely correct to take the guaranteed money contract over the one with incentives for winning.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Bendo is worth 50/50 to fight midcarders in Korea and Bellator absolutely did not get their money's worth

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
the only fight weidman looked loving terrible in was the mousasi fight. he was regaining momentum in the rockhold fight after nearly being beaten to death until he threw the world's most ill-advised kick, he was in an extremely competitive fight with yoel until he ate a knee that mark hunt couldn't eat, mousasi fight was bad, then he spent three rounds casually, effortlessly, and without breaking a sweat making kelvin look like a child.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Marching Powder posted:

he spent three rounds casually, effortlessly, and without breaking a sweat making kelvin look like a child.

I especially liked when he let Kelvin think he almost knocked him out near the end of the first, since a child's self-esteem is very important.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Marching Powder posted:

the only fight weidman looked loving terrible in was the mousasi fight. he was regaining momentum in the rockhold fight after nearly being beaten to death until he threw the world's most ill-advised kick, he was in an extremely competitive fight with yoel until he ate a knee that mark hunt couldn't eat, mousasi fight was bad, then he spent three rounds casually, effortlessly, and without breaking a sweat making kelvin look like a child.

lol

• Locked thread