Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Jokes on all of you, my vote was real all along.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Bifauxnen posted:

Oh nah town do that a lot too, it's just a classic way to develop your weak point if you're scum so it was funny.

Step 1: find something that vaguely ~sounds weird~ to vote and don't bother explaining, just hope they sound more weird again when they complain

Step 2: even if it gets explained just go "WELL even if my original case wasnt too strong the way you're posting in reaction to it makes it even better!!!"

So Bif what's your actual opinion here on aC?

Cause as you said, town does this too.

I mean my Hal vote was originally for a bad vote on you via how Jam replaced out, but the fact that he was dodging questions from both of us about it (is it a real or a joke vote? Has he even seen Jam as scum since he came back) makes it look worse than just a dumb reason for a vote.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Oh Inf did you finally finish up those bazillion dicks, is that why you're playing Mafia again

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

✈️ 🏢 🏢

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

🔥🔥

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
joke phase over, time for the real votes ##vote apostatecourier

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Since joke phase is over, I’m going to ##unvote

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

flerp posted:

joke phase over, time for the real votes ##vote apostatecourier

911 is a joke to you?

wow

woooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asiina posted:

So Bif what's your actual opinion here on aC?

Cause as you said, town does this too.

I mean my Hal vote was originally for a bad vote on you via how Jam replaced out, but the fact that he was dodging questions from both of us about it (is it a real or a joke vote? Has he even seen Jam as scum since he came back) makes it look worse than just a dumb reason for a vote.

My opinion on AC is that they are scum. At first I thought AC's questioning of Hal looked like good form, trying to legit scumhunt on D1, but they abandoned this to just emptyquote vote me for the type joke I made about you and flerp. I suspect this is coming from a scum motivation, wanting to find a good wagon to get on and shade to throw.

AC continued this strategy by going on to quote my post to Probst, which similarly felt like lazy "I don't get this person's jokes so I'll just vote them for ~being weird~"

The "your responses make me think you are more scum!!" post here is not a vital part of my case, but it is a vital part of my taunting.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Infinitum posted:

911 is a joke to you?

wow

woooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

this is sa man

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

flerp posted:

this is sa man

Good ol tribute.avi

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i do not think bif is scum because of jam replacin out, but i dont think its a logical leap to suspect it.

flerp is never scum and can do no wrong.

i can never read retro. if i were to be lazy today i would vote for him.

apostate why do you hate fun phase. i will admit i avoid posting during fun phase because i do not like to pee in the pool but rather dive in at peak urine content.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asiina posted:

But I do like that case you made on Hal, yes.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

if your avatar is of a cute dog i will never kill you this is a mafia cheat code for free ($5)

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

gif Probst posted:

if your avatar is of a cute dog i will never kill you this is a mafia cheat code for free ($5)

:cheerdoge:

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

gif Probst posted:

i do not think bif is scum because of jam replacin out, but i dont think its a logical leap to suspect it.

flerp is never scum and can do no wrong.

i can never read retro. if i were to be lazy today i would vote for him.

apostate why do you hate fun phase. i will admit i avoid posting during fun phase because i do not like to pee in the pool but rather dive in at peak urine content.

I hate joke phase because I can never tell when people are being serious or jokey in their posts on day one, because of "joke phase." Inevitably I try to make reads based on "joke posts" and it always explodes in my face, like it is, right now.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

apostateCourier posted:

I hate joke phase because I can never tell when people are being serious or jokey in their posts on day one, because of "joke phase." Inevitably I try to make reads based on "joke posts" and it always explodes in my face, like it is, right now.

have you tried not doing that

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

gif Probst posted:

I do believe it is fair game to speculate about why Jam replaced out, yes. I did not find the mere act of Hal suggesting this to be inherently scummy.

However I do think he might be overselling it a bit.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

apostateCourier posted:

you cant just walk into the ocean to yell at sea life doin sea creature stuff and not expect to have ypur mouth filled with crabs

sometiems you just gotta be a crab

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

He said cute dog

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

gif Probst posted:

you cant just walk into the ocean to yell at sea life doin sea creature stuff and not expect to have ypur mouth filled with crabs

this is poetic

I want to cross stitch this onto something.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

I wish I knew what it meant.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Also chihuahuas are ugly

sorrynotsorry

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

gif Probst posted:

I love being a crab

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

b-minus1 posted:

He said cute dog

ur so lucky its not joke phase anymore

Asiina posted:

Also chihuahuas are ugly

sorrynotsorry

:wrong:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Asiina posted:

Also chihuahuas are ugly

sorrynotsorry

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

What's up Probst my man sorry to demote you back to second towniest, if you are town

Addendum to my thoughts on this post:

I mean it strikes me as scummy because if you know someone is town, and want to distance yourself from that knowledge, saying "if town" would make sense on a jokey post like that. Without that impetus, why would you bother adding "if town?" Not knowing things is the default, and it strikes me as decidedly strange that someone would feel the need to add a statement saying they don't know if someone is town or not.
It's a weak case, but it's what my gut tells me is right, and I'm sticking with it atm.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

apostateCourier posted:

I mean it strikes me as scummy because if you know someone is town, and want to distance yourself from that knowledge, saying "if town" would make sense on a jokey post like that. Without that impetus, why would you bother adding "if town?" Not knowing things is the default, and it strikes me as decidedly strange that someone would feel the need to add a statement saying they don't know if someone is town or not.
It's a weak case, but it's what my gut tells me is right, and I'm sticking with it atm.
what

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

apostateCourier posted:

Because it would just be silly to apologize for "demoting" him from towniest town to second towniest town if he is actually scum :v:

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

Because it would just be silly to apologize for "demoting" him from towniest town to second towniest town if he is actually scum :v:

...that makes sense. ##unvote Sorry, not good at this jokey nuance stuff. Hence hating jokephase.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Hm ok, I was wondering what sort of extraction plan you'd have here if you were scum, and "just lie low till you find someone else to vote" would've felt a lot safer imo, I can buy this as legit engagement to work through the gutfeels

Still watching you but for now, I too shall

##unvote

Hal what's up, tell me about these games where Jam's been scum

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

my power word is Throbbing.

nobody say it

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Mine is Moist

Say it as much as you like bae-bee

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Mine is a secret.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

b-minus1 posted:

Since joke phase is over, I’m going to ##unvote

B minus 1 still pinging my quality calibrated scumdar. Hal's deflection is too. Happy with votes on either of them.

I'm p. sure Apostate is town, this is almost exactly how I felt after coming back from one of my hiatuses. Like, just coming back and getting votes for stupid poo poo. After a while away it just doesn't run off of your back like it used to. Woe is me can be used for emotional response, but I feel that as a scumplay it would have been dropped a bit more strategically.

Also how the gently caress have I been checking this thread on and off and see 2 or 3 or 10 posts posted, and then this time when I look back it was 100+?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

sit down grandpa

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

gif Probst posted:

sit down grandpa

Thank you sonny, I have been on my feet all day. :corsair:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Grandicap posted:

Thank you sonny, I have been on my feet all day. :corsair:

when i said to sit down i meant on the toilet because it is a more appropriate venue for you to dispense your bullshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

gif Probst posted:

when i said to sit down i meant on the toilet because it is a more appropriate venue for you to dispense your bullshit

Back in my day we would respect our elders and the only thing we wanted them to dispense was wisdom. smh.

• Locked thread