Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Disappointed Barbara is just a Ras stooge. Was the obvious direction but I was hoping for something more interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I skipped last season. Bashir is Ras Al Ghul? :neckbeard:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Bruceski posted:

Just a matter of time before Colm Meaney shows up as a Gotham crime boss and alllllllllllllllll the bad poo poo happens to him and only him.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
“Smug Prick Bruce Wayne” was a nice change of pace.

Fumblemouse
Mar 21, 2013

STANDARD
DEVIANT
Grimey Drawer

Bruceski posted:

He's been doing a nice little sideline in eastern buddhas who will eat your children for a few years now.

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Where kitties raise dragons in the world's largest mall.

Gonz posted:

Just a matter of time before Colm Meaney shows up as a Gotham crime boss and alllllllllllllllll the bad poo poo happens to him and only him.

colm meany will be playing ubu. :p

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
Meaney would make an amazing Roland Daggett.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

One of Gotham's ep' s has said that while he has a lot in common with the Joker, Jerome's arc will not lead to him actually becoming the Joker.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Eldarion'd again!
Is Maggie Geha still in this? She was the one good thing to come out of season three.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

...! posted:

Is Maggie Geha still in this? She was the one good thing to come out of season three.

Yeah, she's all superpowered now or something

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Eldarion'd again!

Barreft posted:

Yeah, she's all superpowered now or something

Superpowered beyond her canon Poison Ivy powers?

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

We haven't see what she can do yet.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So Chinese medicine can just turn you into a super person? God drat that is just some ignorant, mystical Asia Orientalism poo poo right there.

Also Bruce in this episode

Stupid sexy Bruce!

So Falcone's daughter went from being like 16 to 24 between scenes.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Oct 12, 2017

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Tonight's ep written by Lt Gordon himself!

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

I have to say, I'm so glad that Victor Zsasz is becoming a regular cast member. He is just so drat funny in basically every scene he's in.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Zsasz miming stabbing Falcone was such a great loving moment. Seconding being glad he's a regular.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

I wanted a sabertooth tooth stabbing and I got one.

Show is a triumph of mediocrity!

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
Did anyone else love the Rapping Telegrams as much as I did? Or the casual way in which Penguin acquiesced to Zsasz's suggestion that they torture the guys (who clearly don't know the answer to the riddle) for Riddler's location?

I do wonder how Riddler is going to get his groove back.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

That trailer for next week: SOLOMON GRUNDY

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

This was a really good episode. A lot of fun and it's kind of shocking how Ben McKenzie has literally zero other writing credits.

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

muscles like this! posted:

One of Gotham's ep' s has said that while he has a lot in common with the Joker, Jerome's arc will not lead to him actually becoming the Joker.

While Jerome makes a good stand-in for Joker, both Batman and Gordon would have to suffer some serious brain damage in the future to not be able to recognize him if he did become the Joker.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Mylan posted:

While Jerome makes a good stand-in for Joker, both Batman and Gordon would have to suffer some serious brain damage in the future to not be able to recognize him if he did become the Joker.

Honesty, though, would it make any difference? I can't recall any Joker story that hinged on them trying to figure out who he was? Hell, in the B:TAS universe, Batman figured out that he used to be a hit man for the mob, but it never came up again since he was obviously no longer that man.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

It's not like we're ever going to get to Batman fighting Joker on this show anyway so who cares.

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

Yeah, honestly I don't really care. It just seems like one of those weird comic things that became a sacred cow: The Joker's true origin and identity must remain ambiguous. Can't really do that for Jerome.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
This is the only time i've ever gave a gently caress about Zsaz. He's pretty much is the most boring Batman villain. Oh he stabs people! Scary! Then the show give him a personality, and when he shows up its always good.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

This is the only time i've ever gave a gently caress about Zsaz. He's pretty much is the most boring Batman villain. Oh he stabs people! Scary! Then the show give him a personality, and when he shows up its always good.

No he stabs people, then makes a cut on his skin.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Davros1 posted:

No he stabs people, then makes a cut on his skin.

That makes him so much better!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Grundy and Riddler are great

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Well that's different.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Is that supposed to be Roulette?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Well, I didn't expect THAT to happen.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Man, I've been hoping Pyg would show up since the middle of Season 2. Really psyched for next week's episode.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

nooneofconsequence posted:

Is that supposed to be Roulette?

No, that’s Cherry.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Drew Powell made a wish on a monkey's paw about not having to wear the fake hand any more.

Gimmedaroot
Aug 10, 2006

America and Islam are not exclusive and need not be in competition. Instead, they overlap, and share common principles of justice and progress, tolerance and the dignity of all human beings.
-Barack Obama

Bruceski posted:

Well, I didn't expect THAT to happen.

Gimmedaroot fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Oct 21, 2017

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Bruce taking an earned swerve from the Ras canon was a great surprise, second in my mind only to Arrow's midseason fight against him where they framed the whole thing like a typical "Arrow beats the other guy" fight and then practically pulled a record-scratch as Ras no-sells an attack, the triumphant music stops, and Oliver gets a sword to the gut and kicked off a cliff. That scene made the whole slow-paced "we can't resolve this yet because we still have half a season to go so he's gotta go wait in the car or something" season worthwhile.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
Oh man! Had a few episodes to catch up on and between Gordon throwing the bone out the window and Solomon loving Grundy I am dying here.

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
Alfred sloughing weapons was a highlight this week, especially with Gordon's repetition of 'undercrackers?'

Edit: I'm totally wrong, Oswald grappling with Hungarian cuisine and having a goulash epiphany was beautiful.

NonzeroCircle fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Oct 21, 2017

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

muscles like this! posted:

Drew Powell made a wish on a monkey's paw about not having to wear the fake hand any more.

... yeah, I noticed that too.

OK, so, did I miss something? Was Butch Cassady's sundance kid restored at some point and I've just forgotten it? And is it clear that by "sundance kid," I mean hand? I mean, I added "Cassady" to make the reference feasible, but it seems like I'm really stretching things here.

Oh well. I guess this is why I don't write for Venture Bros.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The goo in the swamp seems like it regenerated it when it gave him that wig turned his hair white.

• Locked thread