Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

gif Probst posted:

when i said to sit down i meant on the toilet because it is a more appropriate venue for you to dispense your bullshit

Hmmm see this is why I had to be careful about you!

Please elaborate on which points you think are bullshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Bifauxnen posted:

Hmmm see this is why I had to be careful about you!

Please elaborate on which points you think are bullshit

it is me, i am being a poo poo his points are valid despite being a geriatric

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

##unvote

Hal what's up, tell me about these games where Jam's been scum

I am not doing your busy work for you.

But in PMush's recent game we were all serial killers but no one realized that right away and Jam posted like mad in that game.

Regardless I stand by my point and your posting in this game so far doesn't make me think I was wrong. Lots of discrediting people and town calls but no substance whatsoever

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

gif Probst posted:

it is me, i am being a poo poo his points are valid despite being a geriatric

Ok I was getting worried there

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Hal Incandenza posted:

I am not doing your busy work for you.

But in PMush's recent game we were all serial killers but no one realized that right away and Jam posted like mad in that game.

Regardless I stand by my point and your posting in this game so far doesn't make me think I was wrong. Lots of discrediting people and town calls but no substance whatsoever

Lol ok

##vote Hal

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Reached too far dude, if youd just kept up playing it cool like usual I could have totally bought that Asiina was just misguided in her efforts to find something fishy on D1

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

Reached too far dude, if youd just kept up playing it cool like usual I could have totally bought that Asiina was just misguided in her efforts to find something fishy on D1

I have not yet begun to reach

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Grandicap posted:

B minus 1 still pinging my quality calibrated scumdar. Hal's deflection is too. Happy with votes on either of them.

I'm p. sure Apostate is town, this is almost exactly how I felt after coming back from one of my hiatuses. Like, just coming back and getting votes for stupid poo poo. After a while away it just doesn't run off of your back like it used to. Woe is me can be used for emotional response, but I feel that as a scumplay it would have been dropped a bit more strategically.

you might want to check your scumdar if im giving you pings.

also, getting votes for stupid poo poo is basically a rite of passage for early d1. i think we are (hopefully) past that phase, which is why I decided to remove my flerp vote, which was made with zero sincerity.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.
Think I'll stay on my joke vote because 'guy whose one post is making excuse for lurking' looks as bad as anyone else right now.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Hal Incandenza posted:

Lots of discrediting people and town calls but no substance whatsoever

I am savoring this sentence and all the contradictory things it implies in such a small space. It is a flaky, multi-layered baklava of a post, full of nuts

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

b-minus1 posted:

also, getting votes for stupid poo poo is basically a rite of passage for early d1. i think we are (hopefully) past that phase, which is why I decided to remove my flerp vote, which was made with zero sincerity.

Oh, my scumdar is calibrated daily to a reading of plus or minus .005 using the proper method as instructed in the handbook, always using a tuning fork.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

b-minus1 posted:

But really, it's not the votes that you are making that are scummy, it the odd explanation of everything you are doing without pressure. I take the potato chip........... and eat it.

Like this one too.

b-minus1 posted:

Since joke phase is over, I’m going to ##unvote

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Bif bif

Why should I vote Hal over aposte? :nyoron:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

I am savoring this sentence and all the contradictory things it implies in such a small space. It is a flaky, multi-layered baklava of a post, full of nuts

Look a post discrediting me while containing no substance

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Fuckin loads of substance to be had D1

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Infinitum posted:

Sort of like your mom's N1.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Infinitum posted:

Yeah of course there isn't. Which is why I was happy to vote for weak reasons. The first thing that popped into my head when Jam replaced out was that he did it because he was scum. I've been in a few masonries with him recently and he always reiterated in there the same things he often says in games (i.e. that he hates lurkers but hates lurking scum more) and I just think he would be more likely to replace out if he were scum. It's a dumb argument but it was something to push more towards serious posts. For all I know Jam has some IRL poo poo and can't play period, I don't care enough to find out.

Bif's reaction and play in general this game now makes me feel like I can call her scummy based on her posting with the Jam thing just being a circumstantial bit.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
*bursts into the thread out of breath*

Sorry I'm late, did I miss jokephase?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Infinitum posted:

Bif bif

Why should I vote Hal over aposte? :nyoron:

Cause after having a go at them, AC feels more like they were genuinely trying and just got a false positive on me. Hal's just fulla crap.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyit

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

TMMadman posted:

*bursts into the thread out of breath*

Sorry I'm late, did I miss jokephase?

No it's right here

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

drat, beat me to it

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Some thoughts about the Bif/aC thing. aC does come off as awkward and a little bit scummy, but Bif also comes off as a bit scummy too due to some of the aggressiveness. There was a point in there where Bif was saying something along the lines of scum pushing/vote for weak reasons and I couldn't help but see some irony in it because even though aC was coming off as a little awkward and scummy, I didn't feel like he was trying to hide anything. And while he may have deserved to be questioned some more, it also felt like Bif was pushing a little bit too hard for my tastes. In the end, I am glad that they both seemed to back off each other for now because those kind of D1 'cases' almost always seem to benefit scum more than town.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

You lay off my mothers whorish ways, they pay the bills

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Infinitum posted:

But tonight is free night :(

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also, I'm not sure what to make of Hal right now. He usually seems to lurk more, regardless of alignment. So I'm a bit thrown by this Hal that is making longer posts.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Infinitum posted:

Wait, shouldn't that mean you want Tobbs to lay on your mother? Since presumably Tobbs would pay and thus your mom could pay her bills?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Honestly I feel worse about AC, his explanations for voting seem fake, forced, and overly defensive.

Hal's explanations seem rational, and whether he's right or not it looks like an honest town mistake rather than a scum push.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

TMMadman posted:

Wait, shouldn't that mean you want Tobbs to lay on your mother? Since presumably Tobbs would pay and thus your mom could pay her bills?

Congratulations you figured out the joke all by yourself

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

TMMadman posted:

Some thoughts about the Bif/aC thing. aC does come off as awkward and a little bit scummy, but Bif also comes off as a bit scummy too due to some of the aggressiveness

Lol I wish MT was in this game

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Honestly I feel worse about AC, his explanations for voting seem fake, forced, and overly defensive.

Hal's explanations seem rational, and whether he's right or not it looks like an honest town mistake rather than a scum push.

Rationality is a hallmark of scum play.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Grandicap posted:

Rationality is a hallmark of scum play.

:ironicat:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I'm just trying to be honest with my feelings here

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I honestly feel u might be scum

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Hal's explanations seem rational

Cross this town read off the imaginary tally you're keeping for me, Hal

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

TMMadman posted:

Bif also comes off as a bit scummy too due to some of the aggressiveness.

Sorry I just gotta quote this again

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Bifauxnen posted:

Sorry I just gotta quote this again

I don't see anything wrong with my statement. Being aggressive in itself isn't necessarily bad, but when I was reading the whole thing, something about it just gave me like a bad taste in the mouth. It's not something that I really feel the need to press you about right now, but I do feel like it was something I should mention.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

She~

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Noted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.
##unvote

Not quite buying any of the cases out there enough to pick a side yet though.

• Locked thread