Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
I didn't even know you could speak Portuguese, Marching Powder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
i don't know about making kelvin look like a child (other than by physical comparison given how tiny kelvin is for mw), but i agree with marching powder that weidman didn't suddenly become a bad fighter post-usada. he's made some horrible fuckups and seems to have an aversion to protecting his face when wrestling but he hasn't been performing totally differently. iirc wasn't the thing that caused a lot of consternation out of his camp the IV ban? given he hasn't had a lionasaur drop-off i think acting like it was clearly roids seems like a big assumption.

Chillanese
Mar 30, 2010
Was Aspen Ladd just added to the Poland card or did I somehow miss her in the lineup until now?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Wise Learned Man posted:

I especially liked when he let Kelvin think he almost knocked him out near the end of the first, since a child's self-esteem is very important.

literally the only second of something resembling success kelvin had

Dan Didio posted:

I didn't even know you could speak Portuguese, Marching Powder.

si

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Chillanese posted:

Was Aspen Ladd just added to the Poland card or did I somehow miss her in the lineup until now?

you are the only person who knows who that is

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

Marching Powder posted:

you are the only person who knows who that is

Bean Fried would, if he hadn't shriveled up like the guy in the Last Crusade following TUF 20

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Aspen Ladd is ok. I don't think that she'll ever be a significant contender, but I never thought that Shevchenko would, and the division is shallow, so :shrug: She was scheduled to fight Jessica Eye about a month ago but was a late scratch for food poisoning. She'll probably beat Lansberg.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

I think Weidman looks worse because he’s been fighting really good fighters who are tough stylistic matchups for him, and not Mark Munoz and Demian Maia and old chinny Anderson.

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive

CommonShore posted:

Aspen Ladd is ok. I don't think that she'll ever be a significant contender, but I never thought that Shevchenko would, and the division is shallow, so :shrug: She was scheduled to fight Jessica Eye about a month ago but was a late scratch for food poisoning. She'll probably beat Lansberg.

Lansberg almost beat cyborg in a way

Cyber Dog
Feb 22, 2008

sadly, sulfamethoxazole - tmp is what im using, and it's on the list of "never take with alcohol" here:
https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/consumer-health/expert-answers/antibiotics-and-alcohol/faq-20057946. thanks for thinking of me though!

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Pussy

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Cyber Dog posted:

sadly, sulfamethoxazole - tmp is what im using, and it's on the list of "never take with alcohol" here:
https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/consumer-health/expert-answers/antibiotics-and-alcohol/faq-20057946. thanks for thinking of me though!

bactrim loving sucks. I was on it, too. Do not drink while taking it and please avoid sunlight.

quote:

Avoid exposure to sunlight or tanning beds. This medication can make you sunburn more easily. Wear protective clothing and use sunscreen (SPF 30 or higher) when you are outdoors.

Also the Cowboy/Till prelims start in 5 minutes. Are we GDTing or just posting here like we're bushleague?

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.

Mr. Nice! posted:

Also the Cowboy/Till prelims start in 5 minutes. Are we GDTing or just posting here like we're bushleague?

That's 2 people watching this. What's going down?

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

I'm wasting my day watching this as well...

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I've never heard of either of these guys.

Edit: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3838193

Since there's three there's bound to be more there's a thread so we don't clog up the UFC thread.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Man I can't believe somebody didn't make a GDT in advance for UFC Fight Night: Gdansk.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

argh gdanksit

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

gif Probst posted:

argh gdanksit

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
The takeaway from today's card is that Conor and Platinum Mike are huge douchebags

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

gif Probst posted:

argh gdanksit

gently caress :lol:

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

gif Probst posted:

argh gdanksit

That’s a mic drop

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Fat Twitter Man posted:

The takeaway from today's card is that Conor and Platinum Mike are huge douchebags

Perry is border line retarded

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Skip My Posts posted:

Perry is border line retarded

I love Conor and Perry and I love this sport being like pro wrestling where the mega stars do poo poo to hype their next ppv during the filler weekly show

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Fat Twitter Man posted:

I love Conor and Perry and I love this sport being like pro wrestling where the mega stars do poo poo to hype their next ppv during the filler weekly show

gently caress yes. People becoming ridiculous is way better than talking about Mighty Mouse buy rates.

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

https://twitter.com/fuufnf/status/921823200031453185?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

lol. uhoh!

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

What? I can't hear

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Fartbox posted:

What? I can't hear

ireland's most prominent lgbt support organization will soon receive sizeable donation

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Fartbox posted:

What? I can't hear

He kept saying, "human being" about the other fighter, backstage.

Marching Powder posted:

ireland's most prominent lgbt support organization will soon receive sizeable donation

That was clearly a Spanish speaking accent I heard. Imposter.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
This will clearly be an issue, much like it was for the other two hundred popular fighters who have said the bad f word.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
I'm gonna be the first to say that I'm just far too woke to be a Conor fan.

Man that felt good. Mmmmmmm.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
if you collect all 14 people who have beaten artem lobov together and say the illegal f word a dragon grants you a one fight contract for brock lesnar

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Triticum Guzzler posted:

if you collect all 14 people who have beaten artem lobov together and say the illegal f word a dragon grants you a one fight contract for brock lesnar

Gotta write it all in your little notebook, though.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

He probably didn't get PPV points, but Mighty Mouse did get a PS4.

https://twitter.com/CapcomFighters/status/920824249865998336

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
If you like Joanna more than Karolina you're disgusting.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
we custom made you a computer with a picture of our product that has nothing to do with you on it

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Please follow us :smith:

So were any of the fights yesterday particularly worth watcing?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Please follow us :smith:

So were any of the fights yesterday particularly worth watcing?

The Alvey fight and the Warrly fight were the only ones that stunk out loud. Round 1 of the Ladd fight stunk but round 2 more than makes up for it. The first round of the first prelim was 10-7, there was a standing RNC snatched with no hooks, lots of fun grappling, and some sick kos.

Pretty much watch it all except alvey and alves.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The artem lobov fight featured a referee timeout so marc goddard could tell conor mcgregor to shut the gently caress up, be professional, and sit the gently caress down.

Conor through a round and a half to that point had been circling the cage and yelling coaching instructions to Artem. Fili was still whooping him senseless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll

Nierbo posted:

If you like Joanna more than Karolina you're disgusting.

I dunno she's pretty cool

• Locked thread