Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
twistedbutterfly
Jan 20, 2007
Some of my faves are returning for AS3. I am way more excited for this than I thought I would be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Already sick of Thorgy again. And its a no elimination season.

I hope Milk conceptually posterizes her over and over.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Still waiting impatiently for this to hit OUTtv. I mean I know who all ten queens are, but I'm still all amped up to watch it.

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe
I'm rooting for BEN!

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Looking forward to AS3. Managed to get tickets to see Alaska, Willam, Courtney, Jinx, Trixie and Sharon last week, and Jinx’s solo show for next week - very drag heavy October!

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

esperterra posted:

Still waiting impatiently for this to hit OUTtv. I mean I know who all ten queens are, but I'm still all amped up to watch it.

Who is the tenth?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

shadow puppet of a posted:

Who is the tenth?

Supposed to be Bebe.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
I am extremely down with this cast.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
It's Trixie and a fine selection of doormats afaic

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!
Trixie and Shangie, my hopes and dreams

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

A God drat Ghost posted:

Trixie and Shangie, my hopes and dreams

:yeah:

Also happy to see Chi Chi again. And, Morgan totally deserves an All-Stars run.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I'm super stoked for more Chi Chi. :dance:

When S6 aired my thought about Milk was DICK she needed a couple years of polishing, so I'm curious to see where she is now.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Every year we hire a RuPaul queen to host our local gay bingo.

We've done Shangela, Latrice, Willam, Alyssa Edwards and Trixie Mattel.

This year it's Tammie Brown and everyone is acting like her hair is on fire. Because Tammie Brown is loving weird. And goddamn amazing.

Dear Prudence
Sep 3, 2012

So excited about Trixie! And Chi Chi! Everyone else...eh.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I kind of wish All Stars wasn't "here is the clear winner and also these girls" but it's whatever.

I'm already exhausted by Thorgy and I hope her time is brief.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

angerbeet posted:

I kind of wish All Stars wasn't "here is the clear winner and also these girls" but it's whatever.

Thorgy and Aja are both tedious to me and I hope they leave sooner rather than later.

Also can we please talk about what Milk was wearing. What the gently caress?

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

angerbeet posted:

Who is the clear frontrunner this time around? Obviously last time it was Alaska. But all of these queens have serious weaknesses that prevent them from being so far ahead of the pack.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

yeah if you're referring to Trixie, she's really good at one thing, possibly the best - but she doesn't really have the range for the show unless she really broadens outside of what we've typically seen

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

It's a Marc Jacobs reference, I think, or maybe Marc Jacobs copied Milk? Not sure of the timing.
https://www.popsugar.com/celebrity/photo-gallery/42609489/image/42636009/Marc-Jacobs-Female-Bodybuilder

Also Milk being Milk.

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!
Yeah as much as I love Trixie, I worry she will get sent home every time there's a dancing challenge or she's asked to give high glamour/couture. That's just not what she does.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

A God drat Ghost posted:

It's a Marc Jacobs reference, I think, or maybe Marc Jacobs copied Milk? Not sure of the timing.
https://www.popsugar.com/celebrity/photo-gallery/42609489/image/42636009/Marc-Jacobs-Female-Bodybuilder

Also Milk being Milk.

The bodysuit is Marc Jacobs. They're friends.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

A God drat Ghost posted:

Also Milk being Milk.

Oh I was talking about the :airquote:drag look:airquote: wherein you just glue poo poo to your face.

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011
Nyc club kids aesthetic or a throw back, they had a whole challenge for it last season

twistedbutterfly
Jan 20, 2007
I loved Ben last time and really want to see what she is gonna do. Probably my second favorite Miss Congeniality behind Latrice. Aside from her, I am rooting for Shangela and Trixie.

I kind of like Thorgy, but I don't see her even coming close to winning. She is perpetually too much.

Milk, Aja, Chi Chi, Morgan, etc I am just eh about.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

twistedbutterfly posted:

I loved Ben last time and really want to see what she is gonna do. Probably my second favorite Miss Congeniality behind Latrice. Aside from her, I am rooting for Shangela and Trixie.

I kind of like Thorgy, but I don't see her even coming close to winning. She is perpetually too much.

Milk, Aja, Chi Chi, Morgan, etc I am just eh about.

Morgan, Chi Chi, and Kennedy are all fantastic performers, but I think they're a bit too "vanilla." They have the opposite problem of Milk and Trixie who struggle doing "standard" drag.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

best look of the night tbh

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Yeah if you're gonna go weird, and Milk is, you might as well go all the way.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
Ben got eliminated last time for doing "old lady pinup drag" and being "unable to do anything else" (in a season with bianca boatneck del rio, nine bikinis, and sequin trashbags. the critiques in season 6 were so weird) so I hope the judges don't get stuck in that mindset again

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

All Stars tends to be more forgiving of a queen sticking to their brand, at least, but yeah the critiques in 6 were weird as hell. Just bad editing, I imagine. The critique segments take pretty long for each queen. Probably some better reasons for their decisions left on the cutting room floor.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I like how Aja's intro is basically "I have no chance but everyone else on season 9 declined sooo"

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Shneak posted:

I like how Aja's intro is basically "I have no chance but everyone else on season 9 declined sooo"

bummed they brought her back and not farrah but so long as she maintains the "realtalk" attitude i am definitely onboard aja blazing out in a trail of glory

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Aja will be worth it for the memes, surely. But she's a queen I would have liked to see given more time to grow, before returning.

Oh well. Someone has to go home first.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Shneak posted:

I thought the early rumors said that Valentina would be back, but I guess not. I imagine she realizes that the backlash against her is still so fresh, that she'd better lying low for a while.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Nihonniboku posted:

I thought the early rumors said that Valentina would be back, but I guess not. I imagine she realizes that the backlash against her is still so fresh, that she'd better lying low for a while.

I'd imagine its because her bookings are making her zillions of dollars from her rabid fanbase and to spend any amount of time off that track would be stupid for an incremental amount of fame she does not need.

She can do a redemptive arc later, if she ever feels it lucrative enough. Drag Satan is not a fool.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

shadow puppet of a posted:

I'd imagine its because her bookings are making her zillions of dollars from her rabid fanbase and to spend any amount of time off that track would be stupid for an incremental amount of fame she does not need.

She can do a redemptive arc later, if she ever feels it lucrative enough. Drag Satan is not a fool.

You're probably right. If the numbers were correct, I heard that Adore 2 years ago made something like $3 million between appearances and album sales. I can only imagine what Valentina is making.

seizure later
Apr 18, 2007

Nihonniboku posted:

You're probably right. If the numbers were correct, I heard that Adore 2 years ago made something like $3 million between appearances and album sales. I can only imagine what Valentina is making.

Didn't the majority of that go to her agency though?

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

Is this the thread where we talk about Dragula too? Not sure if it warrants it’s own thread since the shows are similar and on different months of the year (like all stars), but I just finished season 1 and it’s BANANAS. Season 2 starts in a week and I’m hyped as gently caress. You can catch season 1 on amazon prime.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
I have never heard of Dragula. Here's a fair question - What does it do successfully?

QUICKLY!

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Andrew_1985 posted:

I have never heard of Dragula. Here's a fair question - What does it do successfully?

QUICKLY!

Digs through the ditches

burns through the witches

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

All the episodes are on YouTube apparently- it’s a show hosted by the Boulet brothers (they’re pretty legendary) and they’re searching for the “worlds first drag super monster”

It’s basically drag race with a dark twist. The first season was kinda low budget (think of drag race the first couple seasons) - audio is bad, some sloppy editing, but it’s so damned entertaining and by the end you’ll be SHOOK. The finale is absolutely batshit insane.

Anyway here’s the first episode

https://youtu.be/EK0-nz02P8Y

• Locked thread