Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

Gram, Cecil, and Kaelin

I was never a fan of going back to other floors for a gimmick, but I guess "floor" was never a concept for this stratum, was it? I can't wait to go through it myself :emo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

EO2U 28F's teleporters have a pattern, actually, they always send you to the exact opposite end of the map. A teleporter on the top right corner will send you to bottom left corner, etc.

Anyway, voting for Cecil, Raven, and Magda

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

Ruler Kaelin, Love Mio, Magda

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I'm personally not going to vote because I feel I don't know enough about this game, but just want to say this LP made me check out the demo for EOV and I'm really enjoying it as my first EO. Thanks to this LP for its hot tips :)

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Yeah, nothing quite like your god-adjacent person telling you her own people got wrecked by something. Even in the sea of stars, an F.O.E.?

It's just dungeons all the way down, isn't it?

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
Another for Deathbringing Raven, love!Mio, and Bind!Cecil

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.
Current results are:

quote:

Mio Love: 7
Kaelin Ruler: 4
Cecil Combo: 4
Magda: 3
Gram Falcon: 3
Raven Bringing: 3

Raven Warding: 2
Sasha Adamantine: 1
Cecil Devastating: 1
Lanzon Destroying: 1
Kaelin Six: 1

Three-way tie for the fourth and final spot!

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Okay, then Raven-bringing.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
Magda, Gram Falcon, Raven Warding

Efe
Feb 2, 2016

I make alive things dead and sometimes the other way around.
As someone who's grown used to opening doors in the labyrinth as he comes across them, that trap in the northeast corner of 29F can go gently caress itself. Atlus just couldn't leave without at least one more "screw you" moment, could they.

Also holy nine hells, Lamia's design is insane. It's like someone asked if they wanted Alraune, Medusa, or Scylla, and the answer was "yes but pink". I'll throw my votes in for Gram Falcon, Magda, and Jana.

vdate
Oct 25, 2010

Efe posted:

I'll throw my votes in for Gram Falcon, Magda, and Jana.

This person knows what's up.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.
Gonna go ahead and close voting.

quote:

Mio Love: 7
Magda: 6
Gram Falcon: 6
Kaelin Ruler: 4
Raven Bringing: 4
Cecil Combo: 4

Raven Warding: 3
Jana Four: 2
Sasha Adamantine: 1
Cecil Devastating: 1
Lanzon Destroying: 1
Kaelin Six: 1

By way of asking alcharagia who she'd most want to see, the party for Lamia shall be Iseria/Cecil, Gram/Mio/Magda.

Oh by the way Iseria's going to have the Assault Wand and Cecil's going to learn Giving it Everything/Overexertion 10 and it's going to be amazing.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Go! Go!

Violence is always the solution.

Video game logic.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Iseria used Heavy Strike!

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Ragnar Homsar posted:

Iseria used Heavy Strike!

It's super effective!

But anyway, wow what is that?

This is great.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Blademaster_Aio posted:

It's super effective!

But anyway, wow what is that?

This is great.

Heavy Strike, the skill on the Assault Wand. I'll go into further detail in the update proper.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Now that EOV release date is close, I am seriously curious to people's reactions to that demon lady event in the 3rd stratum.

You know, the one that is completely different if you have a Celestrian with the sense mana skill I think? It's some Celestrian exclusive skill.

People are gonna run different parties and not all of them are gonna have a celes with the needed skill.

I can't wait.

Edit: Also, I posted here because I didn't want to spoil anything in the master thread. I'll just let people post their experiences of meeting evil ghost lady.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Etrian Odyssey 5 is out now in NA and EU (only in eShop for the latter. EO5 can't be bought physically in Europe until November.)

SimplyUnknown1
Aug 18, 2017

Cat Cat Cat

Dr. Fetus posted:

Etrian Odyssey 5 is out now in NA and EU (only in eShop for the latter. EO5 can't be bought physically in Europe until November.)

And thus joy has been spread throughout the land .

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.
Hello, everyone! I apologize for the dearth of updates recently, but I've been absolutely hammered with school, personal business, and EO5's US release and have not really had enough time to just sit down and write an update.

As penance, allow me to relay a bit of fanart someone off-SA drew:

This was drawn by Olivine Arc, whose Twitter can be found here: https://twitter.com/thesummerwars. Go check them out!

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

So has the Etrian Odyssey V: Dub vs Sub War begun yet?

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Arcade Rabbit posted:

There was an undub patch on day one of the full release and people were arguing on the day the demo dropped, so I can very confidently say yes.

(as someone who's spent over a year immersed in the Japanese version and a translation of it I can also confidently say the US version is a good localization and has overall good voice acting)

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Arcade Rabbit posted:

There were people on GameFAQs complaining about memes in the localization if that counts. :v:

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I really, really like how Genetta turned out in the localization at the very least.

That winding pun with flying monsters and "time flies" bit killed me :allears:

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Egar suggesting Stabdaddy as a legendary title was something.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

I have been provided with another bit of fanart, also from Olivine Arc.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

The picture speaks the truth.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Ragnar Homsar posted:

There was an undub patch on day one of the full release and people were arguing on the day the demo dropped, so I can very confidently say yes.

(as someone who's spent over a year immersed in the Japanese version and a translation of it I can also confidently say the US version is a good localization and has overall good voice acting)

What in Gehenna's name is an undub patch and is it as stupid as it seems?

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Omobono posted:

The undub patch just replaces all of the voice files with the JP voice files. It doesn't alter the text at all.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Omobono posted:

Undub patches replaces all the voice acting in the localized version with the voice acting from the original version of the game. So basically in this case, English text but with Japanese voice acting.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Far less stupid than what I actually feared then.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Dr. Fetus posted:

There were people on GameFAQs complaining about memes in the localization if that counts. :v:

Lets be honest, there aren't a lot of games anymore that DON'T sneak memes in there one way or another. Some are very nuanced, others just rub it all over your face and tell you "WE ARE HIP WITH THE CHILDREN, PLEASE KEEP PLAYING OUR GAME!". One of these is better than the other, clearly. And I'm pretty sure Atlus is more or less in the former category.

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

Ragnar Homsar posted:

Dammit, I was just joking!

But yes, the dub does seem really good so far. And beyond that, I'm just happy to finally be playing it myself.

KonvexKonkav
Mar 5, 2014

I'm on Floor 7 and just encountered the giant enemy crab meme so far, so it doesn't seem to be too bad. What I found really odd is when some monster attacking the party was described as "pissed", that word didn't fit in with the general style of the writing at all.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Ragnar, once you beat the game, do you gain access to all voice clips? Like in the untolds we had access to the voice clips and stuff.

Do we get access to voice clips and see the panic lines and stuff?

RegalStar
Jul 17, 2016

Blademaster_Aio posted:

Ragnar, once you beat the game, do you gain access to all voice clips? Like in the untolds we had access to the voice clips and stuff.

Do we get access to voice clips and see the panic lines and stuff?

No. Only BGM is available.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Comparing the translated scripts to what I've seen in the NA version so far, I have to say, the localization had a ton of fun with this game.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Update 45. Only two updates left before we're done.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
I do believe a “get dunked on” is appropriate here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SimplyUnknown1
Aug 18, 2017

Cat Cat Cat
I now understand why people would want to make a Therian Shaman.
It is glorious. Not practical for anything outside of death-bringing, but glorious none-the-less.

• Locked thread