Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Does anyone have any Hoenn puns for the Gen 3 thread title?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
Halloween Hoenn-down

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!
Bread Liar
Happy Hoenneen

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Pimpin' an' Hoenn

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

sebzilla posted:

Pimpin' an' Hoenn

This one, do this one

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Time for a HoennDown?

Sableye is an evil imp thing, I love it. I finally got 2 amazes ones, and 1 Duskill amazes. loving hard to get!

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Pokemon go gen 3: the REAL racism starts now

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

~Coxy posted:

I installed PoGo for the kiddy on their WiFi iPad.

I always thought that tethering used the GPS fix from the phone but I guess not.

It does, but the location updates are really laggy. I do this with my kid and his pokedude is always a bit behind mine.

Panic Restaurant
Jul 19, 2006

:retrogames: :3: :retrogames:

Pork Pro

Cowslips Warren posted:

Sableye is an evil imp thing, I love it.

Sableye rules and is one my favorites. He's actually based on the Hopkinsville Goblins alien encounter, it's really neat! He even has a "swaying" animation which is how the goblins supposedly moved around.

Drunk rednecks losing their mind over an owl makes for good Pokémon design!

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

~Coxy posted:

I installed PoGo for the kiddy on their WiFi iPad.

I always thought that tethering used the GPS fix from the phone but I guess not.

This is a long shot, but is there any solution for using a bluetooth GPS?

There's no iOS support for external Bluetooth GPS, unfortunately, because there's no GPS stack (thanks, Apple).

Even on Android, it's a bit sketchy. I can get mine to read location data from an external puck, but it has to go thru a 3rd party app in developer mode, and obviously that's an easy method for spoofing, so PGo blocks it.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Bah! Not one of the sprint or starbucks gyms have spawned a single gym raid today!

Sure is obnoxious that I gotta resort to watching these gyms like a hawk for a simple raid pass, this is peak goon behavior :f5:

Eddie Whitson
Nov 2, 2010

sebzilla posted:

Pimpin' an' Hoenn

Pimps Up, Hoenn's Down

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Pokémon Go: Goons out on the streets; Hoenn

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
And if you ain't a Hoenn, get up out my trap house

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

And if you ain't a Hoenn, get up out my trap house

:golfclap:

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender
Hoenn for the Holidays
No Place Like Hoenn
Can't Go Hoenn Again

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

If you want to keep the animé theme, maybe Pokémon GO: Hoenn Punch Man or Pokémon GO: Hoenn Piece?

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
Hoenn Dawn

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Hoenn Halloween: will toss balls for G's.

Das Doppelganger
Dec 22, 2012

Cowslips Warren posted:

Some of the nests changed today. The zoo is Machop and a nearby park is Karp. Welp, I know what I'm doing this weekend.

Nest's rotated with the start of the event. Not sure if that was intentional or a side effect of forgotten code. Needless to say I'm not thrilled our biggest nest area is all Sneasels again.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Das Doppelganger posted:

Nest's rotated with the start of the event. Not sure if that was intentional or a side effect of forgotten code. Needless to say I'm not thrilled our biggest nest area is all Sneasels again.

The largest near me went from Magmar or something (who cares) to Magikarp. Despite this, still no shiny magikarp. because of course not :v:

Das Doppelganger
Dec 22, 2012

GTJustin posted:

I think it's a dick move by Niantic to sub in razz for pinaps for the middle box

Putting ANY common free drop in a box is a dick move unless you're going to amp it. I mean seriously...10 Pinapps? Who the hell cares? That's like 10 spins or less at times. I'll keep my cash, thank you.

Has anybody seen Snorlax spawns shoot through the roof since the event started? They're about as common as uninformed voters at this point.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Das Doppelganger posted:

Has anybody seen Snorlax spawns shoot through the roof since the event started? They're about as common as uninformed voters at this point.
Not around here...

Das Doppelganger
Dec 22, 2012
Before Friday I would see maybe 2 Snorlax in a week. I had 4 outside my house and a Hypno within an hour last night.

Probably seen over a dozen in the last 8 hours.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Pokemon GO Gen 3: This game ain't nothing but Birches and Hoenn

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
I finally got the two King's Rocks I needed. :toot:

Das Doppelganger
Dec 22, 2012
Congrats. I can't bring myself to dump any of the 12 I have but also....kills me to stare at them. I was hoping item trading would be a thing in the future but....meh.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Das Doppelganger posted:

Before Friday I would see maybe 2 Snorlax in a week. I had 4 outside my house and a Hypno within an hour last night.

Probably seen over a dozen in the last 8 hours.

My dex remains Snorlax-less.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

I finally got myself a Blissey that knows Dazzling Gleam and Zen Headbutt :3:

God bless the 10k egg that shat out 59 Chaney candies

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
This 2 items per spin thing is really killing the event for me.

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
I got nearly a dozen items from a spin last night?

Das Doppelganger
Dec 22, 2012

Modus Pwnens posted:

Contact Niantic. I had the two item thing when it first popped, but it was fixed the next day and I haven't had an issue since. Something may be up with your client.

Das Doppelganger
Dec 22, 2012
Not trying to taunt, just pointing out the absurdity of this right now; Drove through town (under 2 miles) and saw 3 more Drowsee and this thing. It's yellow critters everywhere suddenly. Another in the front yard now!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Das Doppelganger posted:

Contact Niantic. I had the two item thing when it first popped, but it was fixed the next day and I haven't had an issue since. Something may be up with your client.

Their support has an auto response calling it a "feature."

E: It appears they are A/B testing it to see which group spends more.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

I’ve added 20 Pokemon to my Pokédex in the last 2 days. Thanks eggs and double candy!

Robokomodo
Nov 11, 2009

Das Doppelganger posted:

Not trying to taunt, just pointing out the absurdity of this right now; Drove through town (under 2 miles) and saw 3 more Drowsee and this thing. It's yellow critters everywhere suddenly. Another in the front yard now!

I have at least 4 perfect Pokémon. Two of them are Hypno’s

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

Modus Pwnens posted:

Their support has an auto response calling it a "feature."

E: It appears they are A/B testing it to see which group spends more.

Lol, they're not getting good data from me, then, because I never spend coins on items I can get from stops.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Modus Pwnens posted:

I totally love getting a revive and a potion out of every loving stop when I’m at like, 2 balls.

The New York Times
Mar 2, 2013

Call
1-800-NYTIMES for FREE home delivery

TheMaestroso posted:

Lol, they're not getting good data from me, then, because I never spend coins on items I can get from stops.

And the prices for those common items are loving insane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS
Hatched two Porygons, on top of the Porygon-2 I already have.

If Porygon-Z takes 100 candies I'll be set.

• Locked thread